Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Pogba just running the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When did we last score a free-kick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    When did we last score a free-kick?

Rashford few weeks ago benfica.

It would be great if more then just Ashley young could cross a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Can you really call yourself a footballer if kicking a football is your worst attribute? Asking for my friend, Matteo D, no too obvious, M Darmian.

• Advertisement

Should be 4 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fellaini misses a sitter. really should have scored that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Playing well. Nice set up. Shame about the fullbacks.

adox wrote: »
    Playing well. Nice set up. Shame about the fullbacks.

Darmian over-hitting a cross after a nice pass to him on the right, then Blind subsequently collecting and over-hitting Darmian's over-hit cross on the left. That was a face-palmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Id say Hargreaves wants to see the 4-2-4 rolled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Griezmann just scored a wonderful overhead kick for Atletico

https://twitter.com/UtdOliver/status/933443724197158917

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Romero as I've said time and time again is just class.

Jayop wrote: »

Argument to be made he's one of the best keepers in Europe
    Defiantly in the top 10 IMO
    Amazing to think so considering he's our #2

Jayop wrote: »

Great back up to have to De Gea.

Second half has beeen a non event so far.

Going through the motions.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Great back up to have to De Gea.

Far too good to be a back up. Deserves a big move and I wouldn't begrudge him it.

Second half has beeen a non event so far.

Going through the motions.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Rojo is looking very good it has to be said. Hopefully our CBs can just stay injury free

Speaking of which was is up with Bailly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

When was the last time Darmian played even half decent?

• Advertisement

Thankfully United won't draw PSG in the knockout rounds, they are thumping Celtic 7-1.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Thankfully United won't draw PSG in the knockout rounds, they are thumping Celtic 7-1.

I'm never an advocate for this. I don't care who we play. Lets play the best and aim to beat the best.

Wasters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They deserve that. We've been switched off for the entire second half.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm never an advocate for this. I don't care who we play. Lets play the best and aim to beat the best.

Fair enough..

Very ****ing annoying
    Rue those missed chances first half

Half asleep in the second

Really didn't want the qualification to drag out

Infairness we deserves that after last night haha.

lukaku's movement is very poor

The interface that gets me is how bad the players who needed to have good performances were; Herrera was anonymous, Darmian was dreadful, Lingard was wasteful :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Do we need to draw at old Trafford to qualify

That’s the problem with this group of players isn’t it? Always seem to just do enough. Trying to cruise through the game and got what they deserved in the end.

Daley Blind is just awful at left back.

Even Matic was half asleep when he came on.

Oh for a player to be out there and give the rest of them a bollocking and drive them on.

May not count for too much in the end but it’s symptimatic of this group and probably why we won’t be lifting any major honours this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ragged second half performance

Too many lads strolling around the place,taking it easy

Agree adox love to see a player showing a bit of anger and determination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Basel deserved their win, we were dirt second half, as limp a performance we've had all season.

A point will be enough to see us top the group but it's rather worrying how switched off we became when Pogs went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Very ****ing annoying
    Rue those missed chances first half

Half asleep in the second

Really didn't want the qualification to drag out

That's the annoying thing, should have wrapped things up tonight, hopefully we don't end up getting a kick in the hole of a draw for the knock outs.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Didn't get excited about beating a poor Newcastle side last week , just expecting the roller coaster to continue for the season, maybe win a small cup competition, what's new ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The game tonight and against CSKA are nothing but dead rubber games for us,but that won't stop people from having a meltdown.

No Pogba, no party. Crazy how different the play is when he is not on the field

secman wrote: »
    Didn't get excited about beating a poor Newcastle side last week , just expecting the roller coaster to continue for the season, maybe win a small cup competition, what's new ?

didnt you hear, city will have a blip and we will win every game between now and end of season and be crowned champions

Pogba was on for what 20 minutes in the second half and we were poor then too.
    Obviously he’s our most creative midfielder but it was half time that the game changed not when Pogba went off

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    The game tonight and against CSKA are nothing but dead rubber games for us,but that won't stop people from having a meltdown.

They aren’t dead rubbers though and no one is having a melt down but commenting on the game.

It’s that sort of attitude that lost the game for Utd tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Its surprisingly easy for a mentality that its ok to do just ok to settle into a group of players. I think thats what happened the last few years. Im not saying they dont try but in the back of their mind its not the end of the world to lose. Top 4 and a cup is enough. Think jose is trying to shake them out of it.

See it at other clubs. Like arsenal and liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They had a go for the first half, probably should have been out of sight by half time. Completely took the foot off the gas second half, Pogba included. Hugely important to how we play creatively but tonight is further evidence if any was needed he isn't some messiah that ensures the team score loads when he plays. I appreciate what he brings to the team and I am a huge fan of his, I think he could be the best in the world in time.

They tried to coast out the rest of the game then happy with the point, going through the motions and got stung. I'm glad actually. I would be delighted if I thought this would serve as a wake up call but it won't. No meltdown, just more of the same.

I am sure we will beat CSKA at home and have no doubt the performance will be better.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

They aren’t dead rubbers though and no one is having a melt down but commenting on the game.

It’s thats sort of attitude that lost the game for Utd tonight.

They are. We knew since the Benfica game we,were through,which has led tonight too the players treating it as a friendly.

They had a go for the first half, probably should have been out of sight by half time. Completely took the foot off the gas second half, Pogba included. Hugely important to how we play creatively but tonight is further evidence if any was needed he isn't some messiah that ensures the team score loads when he plays. I appreciate what he brings to the team and I am a huge fan of his, I think he could be the best in the world in time.

They tried to coast out the rest of the game then happy with the point, going through the motions and got stung. I'm glad actually. I would be delighted if I thought this would serve as a wake up call but it won't. No meltdown, just more of the same.

I am sure we will beat CSKA at home and have no doubt the performance will be better.

Agree with most of that but isn’t it annoying all the same because you know when it comes to it this team will be caught out or won’t be good enough.
    Like some teams punch above their weight and that’s something this team will never really do.

I’m surprised that Jose seems content enoug with it and disappointed in hi if he is.

This CL group is of an awful standard and yet here we are going into the last round without top spot secured.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    They are. We knew since the Benfica game we,were through,which has led tonight too the players treating it as a friendly.

Well that’s funny because a draw would have guaranteed top spot in the group but now there is something to play for in the last game instead of that actually being a dead rubber.

Agree with most of that but isn’t it annoying all the same because you know when it comes to it this team will be caught out or won’t be good enough.
    Like some teams punch above their weight and that’s something this team will never really do.

I’m surprised that Jose seems content enoug with it and disappointed in hi if he is.

This CL group is of an awful standard and yet here we are going into the last round without top spot secured.

I don't thik he is content but he realises that he can't say or do too much too soon because he will need to count on the players he ain't happy with.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't thik he is content but he realises that he can't say or do too much too soon because he will need to count on the players he ain't happy with.

I hope so.

Lukaku needs to improve his play a lot. Still has a lot to learn

bangkok wrote: »
    Lukaku needs to improve his play a lot. Still has a lot to learn

Tbh, he got no service today. No striker in the world will look good when starved of chances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement