Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Congratulation pal say yellow to baby jayo1 I'm really honoured.

Unfortunately that name didn’t even get a look in.. and he was a boy... take from that what you wish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

astradave wrote: »
    He also says he doesn’t want to come back in January, dunno if he fancies his chances at United..

Missed the match on Wednesday, Mrs Astradave was too busy having astrababy.. were we as bad as I have been hearing from the group messages?

It was wonderfully controlled in the first half, we dominated them and created lots of very good chances that just didn't go in for various reasons.

Then we went to ****e in the second half and allowed Basle to look like world beaters.

A painfully familiar story, lets be honest, its in the DNA of a lot of those players to go into hiding all too regularly. The result doesn't matter too much, any team can lose to a late sucker punch but we shouldn't ignore the the bigger picture and the reasons why these types of performances are happening again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unfortunately that name didn’t even get a look in.. and he was a boy... take from that what you wish :pac:

Hahaha that hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You picked Nemanja instead then :D
    nemanja-vidic-champions-premier-league-trophy-manchester-united-celeb-swansea_3407550.jpg?20160129153259
    N.Matic_.jpg

pjohnson wrote: »
    You picked Nemanja instead then :D
    nemanja-vidic-champions-premier-league-trophy-manchester-united-celeb-swansea_3407550.jpg?20160129153259
    N.Matic_.jpg

I tried to get Alex into the equation but the life long Liverpool fan in herself was having none of it :pac:

It was wonderfully controlled in the first half, we dominated them and created lots of very good chances that just didn't go in for various reasons.

Then we went to ****e in the second half and allowed Basle to look like world beaters.

A painfully familiar story, lets be honest, its in the DNA of a lot of those players to go into hiding all too regularly. The result doesn't matter too much, any team can lose to a late sucker punch but we shouldn't ignore the the bigger picture and the reasons why these types of performances are happening again and again.

You have to wonder what is going on with these players that it’s become a theme that they cannot keep up their performances for a full 90 mins. The manager is hardly telling them to go out and play ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

He also says he doesn’t want to come back in January, dunno if he fancies his chances at United..

Missed the match on Wednesday, Mrs Astradave was too busy having astrababy.. were we as bad as I have been hearing from the group messages?

Get that boards name secured now!

Second half we very poor but forget about it, congrats man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gratz mang, everything well I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I tried to get Alex into the equation but the life long Liverpool fan in herself was having none of it :pac:

Who’s the young fela going to grow up supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who’s the young fela going to grow up supporting?

^^^ This is the important question :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

@samuelluckhurst: Paul Pogba didn’t arrive with #mufc teammates at The Lowry. No sign of Luke Shaw, either.

@samuelluckhurst: Wouldn't necessarily take Pogba's absence as confirmation he's out. Others also not accounted for and Mourinho told MUTV Pogba would start. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Congrats on the new family addition....

Thanks folks
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ^^^ This is the important question :pac:

He’s already kitted out in United gear, he will have no choice there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/carras16/status/934149999558086657
    Cardiac ablation is a procedure to scar or destroy tissue in your heart that's allowing incorrect electrical signals to cause an abnormal heart rhythm. Diagnostic catheters are threaded through blood vessels to your heart where they are used to map your heart's electrical signals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We on TV tomorrow?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We on TV tomorrow?

We're the Sky Ireland 3pm game.

Just saw Juan was on Russell Howard talking about the common goal movement then his hobbies and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just saw Juan was on Russell Howard talking about the common goal movement then his hobbies and so on

Juan Bond :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lithium93_ wrote: »

True professional. The last of the Fergie generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

3 points is a must today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    3 points is a must today.

Hopefully I'll be having more then that :)

Brighton are probably the promoted side that have impressed me most. They are very well drilled and organised. I'd be extremely suprised if we got more than two goals. Think Mata at #10 is a must to try and slip a pass through.

Duffy/Dunk will deal with most aerial threats so crossing wont yield much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Brighton are probably the promoted side that have impressed me most. They are very well drilled and organised. I'd be extremely suprised if we got more than two goals. Think Mata at #10 is a must to try and slip a pass through.

Duffy/Dunk will deal with most aerial threats so crossing wont yield much.

We should still be beating them easily enough at home

bangkok wrote: »
    We should still be beating them easily enough at home

Oh god yeah I just meant they are defo going to be stubborn feckers to actually breakdown haha. We should be all over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looking forward to seeing how Pogba influences the game. It's a joy to have a player like that in the squad. Someone to get excited over.

Wouldn't mind having mhki back in the team after Jose's harsh words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Has that rule changed where they need to show everyone equally at 3pm because they seem to be showing the big teams more this season instead of west brom v stoke that plagued 3pm games last few seasons

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing how Pogba influences the game. It's a joy to have a player like that in the squad. Someone to get excited over.

Such a class player. My favourite current utd player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

S.M.B. wrote: »

Was over at the match last week. He was out of this world. It was some first match for my 8 year old son. We had great seats in the Bobby Charlton Stand too.

King cantona has spoken, says he cannot understand why united got mourinho as manager. Says he prefers the way guardiola plays but couldnt watch city as its city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

We could do without Cantona saying stuff like that. Inside voice Eric.

dubmick wrote: »

Yea suppose he was asked the question. Bit like jose saying about psg a few weeks ago id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

dubmick wrote: »

Always need something spicey when selling a book to get people talking.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Has that rule changed where they need to show everyone equally at 3pm because they seem to be showing the big teams more this season instead of west brom v stoke that plagued 3pm games last few seasons

Well with all the big teams in Europe a lot of the time they are playing on Saturday so those sort of games have been on the Sunday instead

King cantona has spoken, says he cannot understand why united got mourinho as manager. Says he prefers the way guardiola plays but couldnt watch city as its city

You will probably use “see even King Eric agrees with me” to back up any point against Jose in the future..

You’re so predictable:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Is game def live on sky? Don't see listed on TV guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

DPe7WZtXcAEajbj?format=jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That centre back duo worry me but otherwise the team is pretty much spot on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The fact Martial and Rashford are starting two league games in a row is brilliant. Another 4 goals today with both them involved would be ideal.

• Advertisement

Surprised miki made even the bench from what Jose was saying of late.

GSPfan wrote: »
    The fact Martial and Rashford are starting two league games in a row is brilliant. Another 4 goals today with both them involved would be ideal.

Yep fairly exciting when you see lak/tony/rash named.

limnam wrote: »
    Surprised miki made even the bench from what Jose was saying of late.

he said yesterday he would be in the match day squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm more than happy to see lindelof get more games under his belt. It'll be interesting to see what José feels is his best centre back pairing when everybody is fit.

love the 3 players behind Lukaku. Mata linking it all together

meh, good enough against the likes of brighton

meh, good enough against the likes of brighton

Lindelöf and Smalling were "good enough" against Huddersfield aye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lindelöf and Smalling did were "good enough" against Huddersfield aye?

whole team was crap that day

• Advertisement

whole team was crap that day

Was just pointing out your "meh" was a bit daft. "The likes of Brighton" can easily and have been problematic to this CB pairing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement