Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lukaku tracking back the 2nd half has been great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Fellaini looks injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But if we can see that is end product is not up to scratch, why is a perpetual out-ball on the right? Mind boggles.

Don't kid yourself, a lot of fans can't see it.

I once wrote in here how big a problem Valencia was and of the extent to which he was holding us back, that a team so reliant on spreading the ball to that right side of the field could not function when the outlet had so poor an end product.

Nope. Best right back in the league I was told. Player of the season, wouldn't swap him for anybody, not a priority, etc etc. Yet here we are and just look at this ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hococop wrote: »
    Fellaini looks injured

his boots dont fit him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Terrible performance but a win is a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Harsh to award that as an og.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A win is a win. Good to see OG make an appearance again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Definitely would have drawn that last season. That's where the significant improvement can be seen

Spurs dropping points is the best thing to happen today!!

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Spurs dropping points is the best thing to happen today!!

Now hopefully liverpool and Chelsea draw to top it off
    at worst liverpool to lose for lolz

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I'm hoping Pool win now. I'd fear Chelsea much more than them, and opening up a gap on Chelsea would be nice :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Aye spurs dropping points leaves Liverpool the potential to get into the top 4 so I'd have preferred that not to happen.

Tbh I'm not going to worry about the teams below us for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It was brutal to be fair

Blessed, take the points and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I said before Brighton are a very organised side but we made them look far better than they are.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I said before Brighton are a very organised side but we made them look far better than they are.

We played over 200 passes more than them but needed to threaten more.
    It seems like Déjà vu when I say all our threat from wide comes down the left. Valencia provides an overlap or finds loads of space,gets the ball,does the dance on the spot then A: passes it back. B: smashes it off the defenders shins or C: fails to find anyone in a red shirt when he does manage to get a cross in.
    At least Young tries to take his man on.We need a better attacking fullback on the right.The way the game is gone it's essential these days to have attacking fullbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gonna sit back and enjoy the Pool Chelsea match. Every result will make me happy.

adox wrote: »
    Gonna sit back and enjoy the Pool Chelsea match. Every result will make me happy.

Haha you were right btw
    Happy bday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

adox wrote: »

Yes, except a Liverpool win.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Think we bought the wrong man in Lukaku, Morata looks the better acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

rekluse wrote: »

Think he looks good as he has hazard playing right behind/side of him. Lukaku hasnt got anyone to play off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Did we have the choice of the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id prefer judge them at end of the season I think lukaku is doing a pretty good job. If you show me a player that don't miss easy chances every so often your probably pointing at Ronaldo or Messi in their prime.

Lukaku brings a very good work rate to the team and needs the players around him to be helping out more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Did we have the choice of the two?

I thought it was or the other wasn't it ? Lukaku snubbed Chelsea, wasn't Conte furious when they missed out him? Then they got Morata as consolation, looks the better deal now. Didn't catch the game today because of work, but aparantly Lukaku was poor enough again from what I've read. Think we would be much more fluid with Morata. Anyhow that's how I remembered that transfer saga, maybe my memory is hazy.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id prefer judge them at end of the season I think lukaku is doing a pretty good job. If you show me a player that don't miss easy chances every so often your probably pointing at Ronaldo or Messi in their prime.

Lukaku brings a very good work rate to the team and needs the players around him to be helping out more too.

His work rate is top notch, even when he's having a sh!te game you cant deny that he keeps trying

I thought Lukaku was pretty poor again today. Did nothing first half, started hustling and bustling in the second half and will get kudos for working hard but honestly, at home against Brighton I'd be expecting a bit more than that.

Not the only poor show though, it was all too familiar from a few other faces as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »
    His work rate is top notch, even when he's having a sh!te game you cant deny that he keeps trying

When you have people judging a performance on what they read you will get people saying all sorts.

I thought it was or the other wasn't it ? Lukaku snubbed Chelsea, wasn't Conte furious when they missed out him? Then they got Morata as consolation, looks the better deal now. Didn't catch the game today because of work, but aparantly Lukaku was poor enough again from what I've read. Think we would be much more fluid with Morata. Anyhow that's how I remembered that transfer saga, maybe my memory is hazy.

Thats harsh on Lukaku as the dip on form happened around the same time as Pogba's injury. When your main creative threat is out it makes his job harder. He's no angel, he has missed some sitters but he doesnt give up. Not sure how we'd be much better with Morata, suppose we'll never know. Lukaku will cone good yet, as long as he's there when the chances come to him.

Edit: 8 goals with 12 games in the league played isnt a horrible return

Whatever about Lukaku or Morata. Watching Liverpool/Chelsea, bet they wish they still had Matic over Bakayoko.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Great goal from a Utd perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Didn't see any of the game but had a quick read of the match thread.

Grim reading, any redeeming comments for or performance?

I seen mentioned Lindelof played well?

• Advertisement

Lindelof man of the match. Well deserved

Didn't see any of the game but had a quick read of the match thread.

Grim reading, any redeeming comments for or performance?

I seen mentioned Lindelof played well?

Lindelof was very good, motm as bangkok said. Seems to be growing in confidence with each game

bangkok wrote: »
    Lindelof man of the match. Well deserved

He played well but I don't agree with that. Young was the standout player, for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

J. Marston wrote: »
    He played well but I don't agree with that. Young was the standout player, for me.

Young was MIA the whole match when it came to defending. Every one of their attacks came down his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great result for us

:)

Perfect result

Some good results for us today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

2 beautiful results!!!

Is City dropping points too much to ask for now? :P

J. Marston wrote: »

I think it was close between them.

• Advertisement

How many times have Liverpool squandered a lead in Klopps time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just listen8ng to Jose interview there. Delighted to hear him say that he had too many attacking players on the pitch and actually made them less attacking and made them lack control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I missed the last 20 minutes but felt that the continuous use of these players in this formation just wasn't working.

Martial, Rashford, mata and Lukaku were having quiet games but I wouldn't put all the blame on them.

Also, there was a moment mid way during the first half that was a carbon copy of the Newcastle goal but luckily the quality of the cross wasn't there. Pogba had no intention of getting back to help which is fine as long as there's someone other than Matic that's going to do so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had wanted to see Martial and Rashford play at the same time, on either wing.

But having seen it twice now, I do worry it's not viable. Nature of two strikers on the wings but it lacks creativity. :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I had wanted to see Martial and Rashford play at the same time, on either wing.

But having seen it twice now, I do worry it's not viable. Nature of two strikers on the wings but it lacks creativity. :/

Young was great at getting ahead of Martial and helping the attack. On the other wing Valencia was as useful as tits on a bull in helping double up and providing a threat which left Rashford isolated.We just didn't have any balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I just look at that starting lineup today and feel like this group of players won’t be lifting a major trophy in the foreseeable future.

We just seem to be constantly searching for a click that never comes.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »

Martial, Rashford, mata and Lukaku were having quiet games but I wouldn't put all the blame on them.

Why not? Whats their excuse now?

Pogba is there, Matic is there, Martial and Rashford both in the team, Young as an attacking full back, so what do they want now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pogba is there, Matic is there, Martial and Rashford both in the team, Young as an attacking full back, so what do they want now?

they won though...thats the difference with the team they can win where they play ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

3 midfielders to give a base? Only thing that could be levelled at em really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm just saying I don't feel like it's 100% down to individual performances.

I don't think you can berate mata for having such little influence on the game when he barely had a touch of the ball. Would Mhki have done any better?

Would an "in form" Martial have had much better luck today when there were 2/3 Brighton guys surrounding him at times.

It just feels like more of a collective issue trying to find that next level as opposed to ****e individual performances.

It's still nice to be discussing worrying 1-0 home victories as opposed to us failing to get maximum points against mid table teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

12 years gone today.

23755065_10155297002972746_208319821084029100_n.jpg?oh=bbf10b87c69a8a168a8f049c63ca5ee1&oe=5A8FF96D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement