Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anything positive going on? :)
    I expect to see a different team to that of the last 2 games. Jose acknowledged that his midfield allowed too much space on Saturday.
    I expect a reaction and to see Mata (awful on Saturday) dropped and either Herrea (needs to improve) or Fellani to come in to a midfield 3.
    I expect all other personnel to stay the same.

Any news on Jones and Bailly? Still out?

All joking aside yesterday I think Watford are going to prove to be a tough opponent off all the mid table teams they do have a general good direction of play style and a decent squad that seems to be playing for their manager.

Of course we should be beating these teams but were Manchester United after all we don't do things easy.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Any news on Jones and Bailly? Still out?

All joking aside yesterday I think Watford are going to prove to be a tough opponent off all the mid table teams they do have a general good direction of play style and a decent squad that seems to be playing for their manager.

Of course we should be beating these teams but were Manchester United after all we don't do things easy.

tbf Liverpool gave us a touch game away from home also

tbf Liverpool gave us a touch game away from home also

Too early to start that kinda talk haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Matching, if not surpassing Arsenal for shots on target, passes and possession. Not playing Ashley Young as a defensive winger.

Defensive winger ffs

He's playing as a full back with Martial in front of him as the winger. How some people twist nonsense like that to suit a narrative is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Barca seem to have others in mind.

Papers saying Jose wants new left and right backs signed over the next 2 windows.

LB is priorty now followed by a cm imo.
    Id be happy to see Rose sign in January but its unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    Defensive winger ffs

He's playing as a full back with Martial in front of him as the winger. How some people twist nonsense like that to suit a narrative is beyond me.

He is probably talking about the Liverpool game, where Young was taken away from full back and tasked with a more industrious role in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I expect to see a different team to that of the last 2 games. Jose acknowledged that his midfield allowed too much space on Saturday.
    I expect a reaction and to see Mata (awful on Saturday) dropped and either Herrea (needs to improve) or Fellani to come in to a midfield 3.

Supposedly Fellaini didn’t travel though he could have made his own way down.... from MEN
    However, Luke Shaw, Marouane Fellaini and Henrikh Mkhitaryan were not among the travelling squad spotted by photographers at Stockport Station on Monday evening ahead of United's train journey down to Watford for their Tuesday evening encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Valencia will need to be "defensive" (that seems to be a bad thing for some?). Cant be letting Richarlison run free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm intrigued as to how we are going to line up later tonight. Jose pointed how that he felt like the balance of our team wasn't correct at the weekend and that he played too many attackers. This obvious move is to revert to a 3 man midfield as you suggested above.

What puzzles me is that he recently gave a very detailed explanation as to how important the number 10 role is in the team and how whoever plays there is crucial to linking our attack with the rest of our team. Is he considering a radical U-turn over the space of about 2 weeks?

Or is he talking about playing Martial and Rashford together is too attacking?

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm intrigued as to how we are going to line up later tonight. Jose pointed how that he felt like the balance of our team wasn't correct at the weekend and that he played too many attackers. This obvious move is to revert to a 3 man midfield as you suggested above.

What puzzles me is that he recently gave a very detailed explanation as to how important the number 10 role is in the team and how whoever plays there is crucial to linking our attack with the rest of our team. Is he considering a radical U-turn over the space of about 2 weeks?

Drop one of Martial/Rash and bring in Lingard on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Almost certainly, I would be quite surprised to see them both playing again, for the time being at least. It was never going to be what people hoped for, they just aren't at the level needed yet and the last few games have shown that.

I'd take a guess and say Pogba will play advanced position behind Lukaku I'd suspect
    And Jose will still play with either Rashford / Martial on the left and maybe Jesse / Miki on the right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Almost certainly, I would be quite surprised to see them both playing again, for the time being at least. It was never going to be what people hoped for, they just aren't at the level needed yet and the last few games have shown that.

Add Mata to the problem.

Take one of the three out, it may not need to be Rashford or Martial. Both need to play if they are to reach the level required and need to play together more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Jayop wrote: »
    Defensive winger ffs

Calm down. See below.
    He is probably talking about the Liverpool game, where Young was taken away from full back and tasked with a more industrious role in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I finished working with Juventus in Kuwait so I'm back home now. I will finally get to see a United game! It's my first in 3 months!!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I finished working with Juventus in Kuwait so I'm back home now. I will finally get to see a United game! It's my first in 3 months!!

Welcome back mars the place has gone to the dogs without ya. Hope you enjoyed Kuwait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Welcome back MarsBar
    Hope it all went well for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

I'd like to see Herrera or Fellaini with Pogba and Matic in a 3 man midfield with our attack as Miki on the right Rashford or Martial in the left and Lukaku up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What's the bets you have the traditional Irish farmer's tan.:D:D

Match thread,https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105403727#post105403727

None of this last second shennanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Welcome back mars the place has gone to the dogs without ya. Hope you enjoyed Kuwait.
    brinty wrote: »
    Welcome back MarsBar

It's a country with potential. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I certainly don't regret it. The working environment in the academy was very negative though.
    What's the bets you have the traditional Irish farmer's tan.:D:D

:D You'd be right!

It's a country with potential. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I certainly don't regret it. The working environment in the academy was very negative though.

Have similar feelings about the 9 months I did in Qatar in 2010

Welcome back MarsBar

Ahh look brinty is back he must have a marsbar email allert setup on his phone ;):);):)

It's the S*n so no link..They are saying that the results of fitness data are showing that Shaw is the joint fittest player at the club along with Valencia. If he's that fit and not being picked then reckon he's a gonner.

Ahh look brinty is back he must have a marsbar email allert setup on his phone ;):);):)

How do you MarsBar and I aren't the same person ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's the S*n so no link..They are saying that the results of fitness data are showing that Shaw is the joint fittest player at the club along with Valencia. If he's that fit and not being picked then reckon he's a gonner.

You didn't really think it was a lack of fitness that was the issue did you?

How do you MarsBar and I aren't the same person ;)

Cause marsbar knows about football ;);)

Cause marsbar knows about football ;);)

I have you well fooled so jayo.... :rolleyes:

Anyways a 1-0 victory tonight please, early goal to keep nerves relatively calm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Need an early goal tonight to keep the crowd quiet, hopefully get another one then to cruise to victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

First match at home with the lad, 4-0 United to get him hooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have a very bad feeling about tonight....

astradave wrote: »
    First match at home with the lad, 4-0 United to get him hooked

:):):):):)
    Headshot wrote: »

:(:(:(:(

Me too.

A good win and performance would do wonders for my confidence ahead of Arsenal & City.

Headshot wrote: »

I don't

The team cant let AstraNemanja down!

IMG_20171128_190141.jpg

343 against Watford.. this will be interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Utterly forgot his was on. Awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All aboard the positivity/good result train :D

• Advertisement

Happy enough with that. Interesting to see how we get on.

Few big players missing from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very worried about us getting the 3 points tonight. can see us drawing this game.

i find it funny that some think we can catch city yet are worried about playing Watford tonight :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find it quite sad that people are worried about Watford. They may well beat us, but I really can't be assed being that negative I worry, as we sit in second at the end of November, worrying about bloody Watford....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

IMG_20171128_190141.jpg

343 against Watford.. this will be interesting.
    Or an old fashioned 4 4 2 and let them worry about us , remember those days :)

secman wrote: »
    Or an old fashioned 4 4 2 and let them worry about us , remember those days :)

Or 523

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pep says you can't win every game 4-0 let's prove him wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

no shaw on the bench would love to have the low down there wonder how he's responding in training

limnam wrote: »
    no shaw on the bench would love to have the low down there wonder how he's responding in training

no real need for him on the bench considering we are starting with 5 defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Four defenders. Still probably a back five though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

bangkok wrote: »
    no real need for him on the bench considering we are starting with 5 defenders

He could easily sit in for darmian if getting him some game time was a priority.

I take the point darmian is more flexible if you're only putting one defender on the bench

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement