Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney hat trick.... last goal from inside his own half

Should never have sold him.

Bring back Wele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

thelad95 wrote: »
    It really is the hope that kills you...... Southampton have equalized.

And it's big mouths that kills the hope that kills us haha.

Should never have sold him.

Bring back Wele.

World class Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It really is the hope that kills you...... Southampton have equalized.

why did you say anything?!?!!!

said it before, Salah should be a united player, perfect for our right hand side, 17 goals for a winger is world class for a season. He has 17 and not even in December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

said it before, Salah should be a united player, perfect for our right hand side, 17 goals for a winger is world class for a season. He has 17 and not even in December

One season wonder who’s failed miserably at Chelsea and Roma.

He's having a good season, no doubt.

Mahrez looked a worldie in the title winning team.

As did countless others over the years.

4 months of a season does not a worldie make.

lol

19 goals last season

15 the year before that

9 the year before that

they are world class stats for a winger

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

How was he a flop at Roma?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wayne Rooney hat trick.... last goal from inside his own half

Shrek just scored from far far away.

*I'll get my joke stealing coat*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just give the pricks the trophy and end this shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ah here

Their luck is absolutely ridiculous!!

They're gonna win the league easily

Lol ffs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nope. He was one of Romas best players. 14 and 15 Serie A goals in his two seasons there and a total of 34 in 83 games in all competitions.

• Advertisement

5 minutes added time and they score on the fifth minute on the dot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

96th minute with 5 minutes shown. Was there a big stoppage?

You can't stop that they just playing best football in the league and deserve to be there.

Jayop wrote: »
    96th minute with 5 minutes shown. Was there a big stoppage?

It was only 10 seconds into the 95th minute to be fair they were attacking so ref couldn't blow it up.

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC**************************************************************************** OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF CIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah here

At some stage it starts becoming a little more than luck. For years we benefited from goals in fergie time.

Sterling is having some impact this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Relax, only a third of the season gone! Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Just when the league looked like becoming interesting.

How has Pep Guardiola managed to take this group of rag tag journeymen to this level of footballing brilliance? The man in either a genius or a miracle worker.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

They've got 4 extra points late this week. Plenty of time to catch them but we'll need 4 points from Arsenal & City at least coming up.

Ah here

they are the way united were under fergie scoring all them late goals.... ominous for the rest of the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Like I said to ye all already you haven’t a hope of winning the League so stop worrying about Man City

nullzero wrote: »
    Just when the league looked like becoming interesting.

How has Pep Guardiola managed to take this group of rag tag journeymen to this level of footballing brilliance? The man in either a genius or a miracle worker.

500m spent on players helps a lot

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Relax, only a third of the season gone! Ridiculous carry on.

It is ridiculous when you put it like that but City are showing no signs whatsoever of dropping form any time soon. They are constantly getting wins after wins after wins in all games big or small. It is only November but they are looking like running away with the title at this rate.

If we drop points at Arsenal (which is a big possibility) and lose against City (even bigger possibility), we are out of it imo despite it only being 'a third of the season gone.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Like I said to ye all already you haven’t a hope of winning the League so stop worrying about Man City

Jog on. Number 21 is on the way :D

Even with Chelsea in 04-05, 05-06, it didn't feel this futile.

• Advertisement

Schwanz wrote: »
    They've got 4 extra points late this week. Plenty of time to catch them but we'll need 4 points from Arsenal & City at least coming up.

If we're serious about winning the league which is what we all want, we need to be beating the top sides. 4 points is alright but 6 points is what we need if we want to challenge City. Big 2 games

°°°°°

500m spent on players helps a lot

I think you'll find they've spent more than double that over the last few years.

Like I said, it's a miracle they're doing so well this season.

Glazers Out!

All I'll say is if mourinho did that......

Lets not start acting like we're paupers.

°°°°°

It is ridiculous when you put it like that but City are showing no signs whatsoever of dropping form any time soon. They are constantly getting wins after wins after wins in all games big or small. It is only November but they are looking like running away with the title at this rate.

If we drop points at Arsenal (which is a big possibility) and lose against City (even bigger possibility), we are out of it imo despite it only being 'a third of the season gone.'

Honestly, with they money that's been invested into that club they should have won the league every year for the last seven years.
    I'd be delighted to see the wheels fall off, obviously because city have no business being in the position they find themselves in these days but perhaps more so to do with the fact that Guardiola is a manager who has had every advantage it's possible to have had in his career and is treated as if he's working miracles in the same way Brian Clough did with Derby and Forest. Guardiola is the perfect hero figure for the modern world, full of hot air.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Them sour grapes sure are sour :=)

Salah had two great seasons at Roma and isnt doing so bad this year either.

Former Roma manager Luciano Spalletti said of the player:

“Salah is an exceptional player. He is the best player I’ve coached in my career.”

Must be a three season wonder :-)

“Salah is an exceptional player. He is the best player I’ve coached in my career.”

I'll just remind you the same as last time you popped up after pool won.

Quoted comments are not the opinion of the entire United thread population....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Need to beat Arsenal and City anything less then that and sure ya know yourself.

Even then I think it's City's season everything is going there way.

With the player's they have ya don't just **** away an 8 point lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Arsenal are on an incredible run at the Emirates. 2 points would be a good haul

• Advertisement

Sour grapes?

How could any United fan possibly have sour grapes over Salah??

We weren't in for him.

It's not like he picked you boys over us.

If he was as consistently excellent as he has been this season he would be at a bigger club right now.

If he continues to play that way he will move to a bigger club before too long.

Honestly, with they money that's been invested into that club they should have won the league every year for the last seven years.
    I'd be delighted to see the wheels fall off, obviously because city have no business being in the position they find themselves in these days but perhaps more so to do with the fact that Guardiola is a manager who has had every advantage it's possible to have had in his career and is treated as if he's working miracles in the same way Brian Clough did with Derby and Forest. Guardiola is the perfect hero figure for the modern world, full of hot air.
    Is he really though?

While he's been very fortunate to find himself managing clubs that have a serious financial clout at some stage it must be acknowledged that he's capable of getting a lot out of his squad of very capable and well paid players. And at the highest level of the game that something extra can be the difference in winning trophies and not.

Anyway, this has gone on a tangent completely unrelated to united.

Need to beat Arsenal and City anything less then that and sure ya know yourself.

Even then I think it's City's season everything is going there way.

With the player's they have ya don't just **** away an 8 point lead.

2nd place trophy is the best we can hope for I reckon, they have probably the best squad in world football currently. They are also getting the rub of the green when it matters.

Tbh I think we have a better chance of winning the champions league than the premiership.

And before any of the rubber neckers jump on that comment and start spouting that United fans think they will win the CL this year, I don't think that, I simply mean it's more likely than winning the league, that doesn't mean I think we will or that we are good enough to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why do they not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

jayo26 wrote: »
    All I'll say is if mourinho did that......

Unbelievable if he gets away with that

2nd place trophy is the best we can hope for I reckon, they have probably the best squad in world football currently. They are also getting the rub of the green when it matters.

Tbh I think we have a better chance of winning the champions league than the premiership.

And before any of the rubber neckers jump on that comment and start spouting that United fans think they will win the CL this year, I don't think that, I simply mean it's more likely than winning the league, that doesn't mean I think we will or that we are good enough to do so.

I just can't see where City slip up. Even if we where to win next two games where more likely to slip up again down the line against lower opposition then they are.

The champions league well...... Less said there the better ha.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Why do they not?

Really?

°°°°°

fullstop wrote: »
    Why do they not?

They were taken over by their owners because they couldn't get their hands on United (not that we'd be complaining had we been "saddled" with their money), they also had their ground handed to them and their fans were historically the bitterest bunch outside of scouser-land.
    And I don't like them because I'm a United fan and our club worked hard to struggle to the top over decades of watching our rivals prosper, but yeah fair play to city for being rich blah blah blah...

Glazers Out!

2 sterling winners after the 88th minute in a row are worth just the same to City now as they would be if in the last third of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wins for Liverpool and City yet thier fans are obliged to think of us. Its cute. Like the little brother tryna impress the older brothe; "look at what I did please"

They were taken over by their owners because they couldn't get their hands on United (not that we'd be complaining had we been "saddled" with their money), they also had their ground handed to them and their fans were historically the bitterest bunch outside of scouser-land.
    And I don't like them because I'm a United fan and our club worked hard to struggle to the top over decades of watching our rivals prosper, but yeah fair play to city for being rich blah blah blah...

Bascially if some billionaire Arab bought Wigan in thr morning they could do what city are doing now in years time.

Money is everything in football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement