Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Bascially if some billionaire Arab bought Wigan in thr morning they could do what city are doing now in years time.

Money is everything in football.

The annoying thing in this country is the reverse begrudgery we indulge in, that contrary stance people take here when they know something isn't right but "fair play".

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really?

Yes. Do you have to have a divine right to win the league 'the right way', whatever that is? All the top teams are spending hundreds of millions on players every year, United included.
    nullzero wrote: »
    They were taken over by their owners because they couldn't get their hands on United (not that we'd be complaining had we been "saddled" with their money), they also had their ground handed to them and their fans were historically the bitterest bunch outside of scouser-land.
    And I don't like them because I'm a United fan and our club worked hard to struggle to the top over decades of watching our rivals prosper, but yeah fair play to city for being rich blah blah blah...

As above, all the top clubs are spending vast amounts of money trying to win leagues. it's not like it's exclusive to City. Obviously you're not going to like them if you support United, but to say they shouldn't be there is nonsense really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

If he was as consistently excellent as he has been this season he would be at a bigger club right now.

Absolutely love it. :D
    If he continues to play that way he will move to a bigger club before too long.

Like Ronaldo, Di Mario and Tevez did? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

fullstop wrote: »
    Yes. Do you have to have a divine right to win the league 'the right way', whatever that is? All the top teams are spending hundreds of millions on players every year, United included.

As above, all the top clubs are spending vast amounts of money trying to win leagues. it's not like it's exclusive to City. Obviously you're not going to like them if you support United, but to say they shouldn't be there is nonsense really.

They came from nothing to where they are simply because of billions of money's.

Its like using the money cheat in a computer game its cheating bascially!

You can't compare where United get there money to what city are doing.

I'm not even being bitter without the money there a nothing club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You're taking the argument well away from what I was saying.

Yes big clubs spend huge money and no one has the divine right to win anything but that wasn't being argued.
    City are where they are because their owners wanted to stick it to united because their money didn't get them what they wanted. They could have bought Liverpool or any club bar Chelsea with that money but chose city.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    You're taking the argument well away from what I was saying.

Yes big clubs spend huge money and no one has the divine right to win anything but that wasn't being argued.
    City are where they are because their owners wanted to stick it to united because their money didn't get them what they wanted. They could have bought Liverpool or any club bar Chelsea with that money but chose city.

No team in any sport should be aloud do what the likes of City Psg and even Chelsea to a degree have done.

If United where bank rolled by a billionaire id stop watching out of boredom. The game has lost its excitement as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Guys, all those Fergie time goals, well this is how it feels :pac:

No wonder we are so hated, its head wrecking but we had our fair share. :D

As for all this City are gonna walk the league talk? They have started strong before, not this strong but strong and dropped right off, lets see them through the Christmas period and when they get a few injuries, its way too early to call it yet.

As for all this City are gonna walk the league talk? They have started strong before, not this strong but strong and dropped right off, lets see them through the Christmas period and when they get a few injuries, its way too early to call it yet.

Id love to see it happen but i just think they have to much this season. They would need a meltdown of epic proportions to **** this season up.

No team in any sport should be aloud do what the likes of City Psg and even Chelsea to a degree have done.

If United where bank rolled by a billionaire id stop watching out of boredom. The game has lost its excitement as it is.

Well I'll agree with you on this. What PSG are doing is a farce, especially with the Mbappe transfer, and to a lesser extent Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This isn't "starting strong" though, this is a record breaking start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Absolutely love it. :D

Like Ronaldo, Di Mario and Tevez did? ;)

Ronaldo left us as Madrid is a bigger team, you'd be hard pressed to find any United fan that could solemnly say we are bigger than RM.

DiMaria didn't want to join us and was rubbish for the most part then went off to PSG, not a bigger club than us.

Tevez went to City, I'm not even going to bother with that one tbh.

Well I'll agree with you on this. What PSG are doing is a farce, especially with the Mbappe transfer, and to a lesser extent Neymar.

Its a joke there getting away with it but ya money talks in every walk of life.
    Like i said though i just think its boring whats the point? Id compare it to how your career mode gets in Fifa or Pro evo once you have played for a good few years.

You have way to much money you couldnt even spend if you tried you have 3 or 4 players for every position to the point your not even playing top level guys.

Your gonna win and eventually most teams wont be able to catch up with you because even when this batch of players move on sure you can just go out and buy more.

Look at the amount of players city have pissed around with these guys weren't random cheap players. They just kept throwing money around until eventually it will all fit together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Glazers?

Glazers?

Who put the club in debt as soon as they joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City bought a lot better than us, that’s what it comes down to.

If we swapped our front 4 for theirs we’d be top of the league

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

City bought a lot better than us, that’s what it comes down to.

If we swapped our front 4 for theirs we’d be top of the league

City didn't have a three year stall like we did. THATS what ir comes down to imo. For three seasons, we spun our wheels and went backwards, and we ares till trying to recover from the damage of those seasons under Moyes and Van Gaal.

Who put the club in debt as soon as they joined.
    So what you said if a Billionaire took over which they are and did take over.

So what you said if a Billionaire took over which they are and did take over.

Kind of a different situation though no ? :P

Okay what i meant was if we had citys money no club in the world and im talking Barca Real the lot would be able to touch us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    It was only 10 seconds into the 95th minute to be fair they were attacking so ref couldn't blow it up.

Fair enough. Wasn't watching. 5 minutes is still quite a bit of time added.

• Advertisement

Kind of a different situation though no ? :P

Okay what i meant was if we had citys money no club in the world and im talking Barca Real the lot would be able to touch us.

Are United not one of the Richest clubs in the world,they can compete with any club and have broken UK transfers records last 2 seasons running.

Are United not one of the Richest clubs in the world,they can compete with any club and have broken UK transfers records last 2 seasons running.

I think what he's saying is they've accumulated the wealth over time through good management and business decisions...marketing, stadium etc., which is a fair point but the game has moved in a different direction with the influx of Middle Eastern money.

We have limits to what we can spend and id imagine our staff actually think twice about deals as well.

The likes of City and PSG ? Well its a case of how much can they spend before someone eventually tells them lads come on chill......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Bit sour to be reacting to a late city winner by sulking over their wealth.

It is what it is. We've benefited massively over the years from the creation of an uneven playing field.

The last two performances (if not the results) have given me some hope that we can snatch all 3 points from them.

Let's get through the arsenal game first.

I think what he's saying is they've accumulated the wealth over time through good management and business decisions...marketing, stadium etc., which is a fair point but the game has moved in a different direction with the influx of Middle Eastern money.

Exactly United have earned the vast majority of what they have over the years.

You look back at when we were on top yes fair enough we had the money to buy top level players but we weren't a sugar daddy club with no history that had everything handed to us and we never will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

City are being vastly overblown these days, but regardless of that I don't know why anybody is surprised that they are winning games of football. They have had the best squad for years now, the real story isn't how well they are doing now but how badly they have been managed the last five years.

I lambasted Guardiola last season for making a balls up of things, with the squad they had last year Chelsea should never have been allowed such an easy run to the title. While we were still plugging away with kids like Rashford and Martial and relying on old man Zlatan, they had Aguero in his absolute prime and a whole host of top class players.

Then they spent another couple hundred million. So they are doing well? About ****ing time, the best squad in the league should be doing a hell of a lot better than they did last year. I find that I still don't really care what they or anybody else does though, those things only start to matter once we have our own house in order.

• Advertisement

We have limits to what we can spend and id imagine our staff actually think twice about deals as well.

The likes of City and PSG ? Well its a case of how much can they spend before someone eventually tells them lads come on chill......

City have bought well over the last 2 seasons,there was the odd dud(Mangala) but over all it was great buying,Pep cleared out the dead wood out and bought in alot of players.
    What player did we have to be told to chill for?
    City may have got the influx of money and spent a fourtune on players but there standing on there own now and buying players and spending money doesnt mean success,they are top of the league on merit.
    I just hate people trying to take the high road and blasting the money term when I often read in transfer market thread and other team threads ,"Its not my money let the team spend whatever for the player"
    Not saying you said it but there definitely a few that are taking the high road now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well at least its not Bangkok preaching about City for a change :)

City have bought well over the last 2 seasons,there was the odd dud(Mangala) but over all it was great buying,Pep cleared out the dead wood out and bought in alot of players.
    City may have got the influx of money and spent a fourtune on players but there standing on there own now and buying players and spending money doesnt mean success,they are top of the league on merit.
    I just hate people trying to take the high road and blasting the money term when I often read in transfer market thread and other team threads ,"Its not my money let the team spend whatever for the player"
    Not saying you said it but there definitely a few that are taking the high road now .

The top clubs in England all spend crazy money thats a fact. Its also a fact that the whole sport has gone to crazy levels with what players are earning and what is being spent on them.

Its only going to get worse though as long as clubs with unlimited resources are aloud to continue to spend 100s of millions every year. Whats making it worse is there not even building something here there just blowing there pocket money. This isnt money the club has earned from winning trophy's and being ran well business wise its the owners money.

If a club is spending big money and they earned the right to do so by winning cups doing good business and being a total world brand then you cant have any complaints really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Who gives a Fick about them. Can we not just worry about man United.

They will faulter, the key is we are in a position to take advantage when it happens.

Exactly United have earned the vast majority of what they have over the years.

You look back at when we were on top yes fair enough we had the money to buy top level players but we weren't a sugar daddy club with no history that had everything handed to us and we never will be.

United are a sugar daddy club,they compete with top clubs for the best players,your breaking my heart with your troubles with money at the club.
    I am leaving it at that especially as with the "No history comment"

• Advertisement

United are a sugar daddy club,they compete with top clubs for the best players,your breaking my heart with your troubles with money at the club.

Bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

United are a sugar daddy club,

You have a strange definition of sugar daddy.

Call them rich as **** if you want but when the owners have taken more money out than they ever put in then its a simple fact that they aren't a sugar daddy club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Oh dear somebody doesnt understand the meaning of the term sugar daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Your either lying or clueless, you can decide.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You are ****ing clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wenger says Lacazette has a groin injury and will be out for a while. Good news for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’d be astonished if we get six points from the next two games.
    Two would probably be acceptable being realistic.

We will beat arsenal 100%.......

Unless we draw or lose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

adox wrote: »

I'd be astonished if Mourinho tries to get 6 points, and 2 isn't acceptable either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

adox wrote: »

Gway with your realism.

If we dont win both 4-0 with minimum of 60% possession in each game we are doomed.

Right so Utd then

IMO biggest game of the Season so far @ Arsenal and they are playing well too.
    From an Arsenal perspective it all depends on if Wenger decides to pussy out and drop Lacazette which I have witnessed him do against big teams. This will benefit us but he may have learned from his mistakes.

From a Utd perspective the midfield looks to be the selection headache. No Matic and Fellani I assume.
    So that leaves us with Pogba playing alongside Herrera who is in awful form practically all season and then Mctominey / Lingard?
    Maybe Young as another option.

Hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Right so Utd then

IMO biggest game of the Season so far @ Arsenal and they are playing well too.
    From an Arsenal perspective it all depends on if Wenger decides to pussy out and drop Lacazette which I have witnessed him do against big teams. This will benefit us but he may have learned from his mistakes.

From a Utd perspective the midfield looks to be the selection headache. No Matic and Fellani I assume.
    So that leaves us with Pogba playing alongside Herrera who is in awful form practically all season and then Mctominey / Lingard?
    Maybe Young as another option.

Hmmm
    But it looks like Lacazette is out with a groin strain. I didn't realise that's why Giroud came on so early last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

pjohnson wrote: »
    Gway with your realism.

If we dont win both 4-0 with minimum of 60% possession in each game we are doomed.

If we put in performances like the Liverpool and Chelsea games well then Mourhino better start looking over his shoulder IMO

S.M.B. wrote: »
    But it looks like Lacazette is out with a groin strain. I didn't realise that's why Giroud came on so early last night.

Oh fair enough. Didn't know that. That's good news so!

Robson99 wrote: »
    If we put in performances like the Liverpool and Chelsea games well then Mourhino better start looking over his shoulder IMO

Who's behind him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who's behind him?

You dont think there will be pressure on him if we fail to perform in the next two games ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well at least its not Bangkok preaching about City for a change :)

Yea im banned from talking about them as people get offended....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Yea im banned from talking about them as people get bored....

Fyp pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wenger says Lacazette has a groin injury and will be out for a while. Good news for Saturday.

Watched them last night and they looked a hell of a lot better when Giroud was on, it was like he changed them instantly when he came on.. Huddersfield should have had a goal or two easily enough though and Arsenal defence seemed out of sorts.. 5-0 was no way a reflection of the match

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement