Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ya we have nothing even makeshift to put in instead of him.
    Herrera and Pogba is a scary midfield 2

Victor Lindelöf has played midfield before. Jose knows this
    source: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/11/victor-lindelof-could-be-handed-central-midfield-role-suggest-jose-mourinho-6846143/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could play blind in there too.

pjohnson wrote: »

That's funny I was wondering as I posted could he play there but didn't know that. Certainly a good option to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

beno619 wrote: »
    What exactly is my agenda ?

It's getting very difficult to have any sort of discussion here with your condescending posting style.

Irony is lost on you and those who liked your post I think. Accusing someone of hyperbole and strawman posting then when they respond accuse THEM of being condescending. Idiotic.

Jayop wrote: »
    Irony is lost on you and those who liked your post I think. Accusing someone of hyperbole and strawman posting then when they respond accuse THEM of being condescending. Idiotic.

Dont get yourself in the firing line Jay. The majority spoke its grand, I'm always wrong and persona non grata so lets leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Quite like to see Ibra starting here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I would say a back 3 is more likely than playing blind or lindelof in midfield.

If José had everyone available it would be matic, Pogba and Fellaini.

Wouldn't like to risk matic if he isn't 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Getting a bit like liverpool thread in here with the squabbling but at least it's not smile faces and 'imo' levels of brain dead posting yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Schwanz wrote: »
    Quite like to see Ibra starting here today.

If you mean in place of Lukaku then most definitely not, that would be a very bad decision in the long term.

If you mean to play behind Lukaku I still say I would rather he didn't, and I don't think he will.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »

If José had everyone available it would be matic, Pogba and Fellaini.

5 at the back would still see 3 in midfield. So we still need a third midfielder along with (i assume) Pogba and Herrera. Blind, lingard and mctominay in that mix imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If Josad everyone available it would be matic, Pogba and Fellaini.

Yeah I agree. Would hate to see Lindelof shifted out of the back just as he’s starting to really find his feet there and throwing Blind in there(not my favourite player by a long way I admit) would be a huge risk.

Be interesting to see what way we line up later.

Lingard did well the last day tbf, what I really like with his pressing is he actually puts in tackles to win the ball instead of just closing down the player or the space.

Its a minor irritation of mine players just going through the motions of pressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lingard did well the last day tbf, what I really like with his pressing is he actually puts in tackles to win the ball instead of just closing down the player or the space.

Its a minor irritation of mine players just going through the motions of pressing

They aren't going through the motions though.
    They are assessing the opposition players first touch. If there's a good touch you have to force them away from the space and/or on to their weak foot. It allows the players behind to close off any passing lines.

It's not just for looking good like!

5 at the back would still see 3 in midfield. So we still need a third midfielder along with (i assume) Pogba and Herrera. Blind, lingard and mctominay in that mix imo.

Unless
    3-4-3-alt.jpeg

I guess I would not say that Jesse was playing in midfield against Watford. The subtle differences between 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2 and 3-5-2.

• Advertisement

A touch of whataboutery about this but still:

https://twitter.com/manutdchannel/status/936311967978893314

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They aren't going through the motions though.
    They are assessing the opposition players first touch. If there's a good touch you have to force them away from the space and/or on to their weak foot. It allows the players behind to close off any passing lines.

It's not just for looking good like!

Its the ones that never ever put the tackle in that irk me. But maybe I am being too harsh

Thats very interesting by the way while I had an inkling of sorts what went into a good press I'll be on the look out for the above in future. Cheers

adox wrote: »
    A touch of whataboutery about this but still:

https://twitter.com/manutdchannel/status/936311967978893314
    I find it somewhat embarrassing that this is still a thing.

Can people not recognise and acknowledge the difference between being on the pitch while the game is in play versus after a goal where there's a natural break.

Are people that blinded by the their eagerness to defend their team and manager?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Unless
    3-4-3-alt.jpeg

But totally unrealistic to think Jose would go that way.

Unless: those two wide forwards were pulled back to conventional wide midfield positions.

No way Jose would play with just two midfielders.

Can people not recognise and acknowledge the difference between being on the pitch while the game is in play versus after a goal where there's a natural break.

Are people that blinded by the their eagerness to defend their team and manager?

I said that exact same thing when this first came up. Zero issue with pep on the pitch there. I also think Jose was unfairly punished.

• Advertisement

But totally unrealistic to think Jose would go that way.

Unless: those two wide forwards were pulled back to conventional wide midfield positions.

No way Jose would play with just two midfielders.

Lingard and Young would likely be the wide forwards if he goes that formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If everyone is available I would like to see same line up as Tuesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I said that exact same thing when this first came up. Zero issue with pep on the pitch there. I also think Jose was unfairly punished.

I think it’s more about the rules as such.. it’s in black and white that the manager/backroom staff are not allowed out of the technical area while the game is ongoing and that includes when a goal is scored and only under exceptional circumstances(player injury/ref calls them on to pitch to treat player) there was a whole discussion about that rule on the general PL thread and I have aired my opinion there so I won’t bring it up again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry for you embarrassment but a goal is not a break in play the ball should be returned to centerspot asap for the kick-off. Especially when it's in the dying moments of a game that is what the referee directs to happen when he blows the whistle and points to centre of pitch.

That been said I don't want pep punished for it but similar jose should not be punished for stepping onto the pitch while trying t9 communicate with players.

Yes there is a difference of circumstances between the two but both are non things that should of been unpunished but if you are to follow the rules of the game as they were where jose was punished then Pep should of been too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not by my eagerness to defend United and Mourinho (I don't even like Mourinho) but my severe dislike of Guardiola.

Christ, he's a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Chelsea level on points with us now. This really is a must win game today. No doubt City are going to beat West Ham tomorrow. Lose today and we have Chelsea & Arsenal breathing down our necks while City run away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Unearthly wrote: »
    Getting a bit like liverpool thread in here with the squabbling but at least it's not smile faces and 'imo' levels of brain dead posting yet

All goes on the permanent file though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

No match thread for arsenal v united? :o

Anyone know what station this is on ?

limnam wrote: »
    No match thread for arsenal v united? :o

Anyone know what station this is on ?

BT Sports 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We are going to smash them.

• Advertisement

Match thread up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jayop wrote: »

I've moved on, you should too.

Same line up as against Watford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Yaaay Matic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delightful line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Happy out to see Matic in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

That line up is more than capable of going for the 3 points this evening, hopefully we get all 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feeling a lot more confident with Matic playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems Wenger was lying about the Lacazette injury.

Delighted that Matic is fit but would be still worried about that formation(the midfield).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

A must win today but little chance of it.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

perché?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

no zlatan??

spurs continue their free fall. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Could be a heap of goals in this match.

spurs continue their free fall. Bizarre.

What free-fall? Poch is a genius. It's all part of his masterplan.

Enjoy the game lads and ladies.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Complete lack of optimism thanked by the most blue united supporter I've ever came across.

Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Complete lack of optimism thanked by the most blue united supporter I've ever came across.

Gold.

Watch the game would you.

I'm a little excites for this 4-1 to us I reckon.
    Heart over head.
    #pleasedontscreenshotthis

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement