Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Why do I feel you're disgusted that you can't be lambasting Jose this evening, so instead are trying to set up an absolutely impossible hurdle for next week so you can do it then when he fails to leap it?

Why do I feel you're not happy that I share your opinion and happy to draw with a rival when we need to win.

Also impossible hurdle? Jaysus. Moyes talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why do I feel you're disgusted that you can't be lambasting Jose this evening, so instead are trying to set up an absolutely impossible hurdle for next week so you can do it then when he fails to leap it?

Nail on head

pjohnson wrote: »
    Nail on head

Nail off head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Jayop wrote: »
    While DeGea was great, how many should they have actually scored? 2 or 3? We still scored 3 and hit the post.
    I think he made 3 or 4 outstanding saves. The others were decent saves that you'd expect him to make.

I still think arsenal on another day could have had 4 or 5 with two legitimate penalties turned down. I wouldn't even classify our defending as shocking today like some have. I think a side that have quality attackers like arsenal and are given that much ball will cause problems.

Delighted with the result though.

Anyone know if Pogba will get an extra match ban for applauding the ref or does it not matter since he was already dismissed? Is that an incident that can be reviewed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Shots on target only kind of makes a little sense? How else are we supposed to get goals?

We're more likely to beat Arsenal if we own the ball, control the game and force them to play on our terms. That will inevitably reflect in the passing and possession statistics.

Well how did it work out then?

They hoped to break us down, we hoped to counter them.

Two valid ways of playing, as i stated.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The pogba thing wasn't in the refs direction so if he is asked as to why he did it he can make up some ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If Fellaini is back for City it would be something. Either that or Herrera needs to pull a special performance out of the bag again.

Of course we need a win ideally but if you offered me a draw right now given we are missing Pogba I would take it. They are on a super run and keeping the gap at 8 points means they are still in touch. A loss is a disaster. A draw is not ideal, but far from a disaster imo.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Why do I feel you're not happy that I share your opinion and happy to draw with a rival when we need to win.

City have not dropped a point since August.

Not a point.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone know if Pogba will get an extra match ban for applauding the ref or does it not matter since he was already dismissed? Is that an incident that can be reviewed?

Id like them to prove he wasn't applauding the fans or his team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We just beat Arsenal away 3-1 despite being down to ten men.

And immediately, you're trying to set up the narrative that anything less than a win against City will be cause for a meltdown.

City who are romping to the title, are unstoppable and scoring for fun, btw.

But it's the fact you were looking for a reason to mouth off about Jose before the Arsenal game, you didn't get it, and rather than, you know, enjoy the fact we won a very tough game, it's straight into the narrative of "Jose will be under pressure if...".

**** me, opinions and all are great but can you not at least enjoy today's result for a bit before you start trying to drag everyone back down with this sort of arguement!

And immediately, you're trying to set up the narrative that anything less than a win against City will be cause for a meltdown.

But it's the fact you were looking for a reason to mouth off about Jose before the Arsenal game, you didn't get it, and rather than, you know, enjoy the fact we won a very tough game, it's straight into the narrative of "Jose will be under pressure if...".

**** me, opinions and all are great but can you not at least enjoy today's result for a bit before you start trying to drag everyone back down with this sort of arguement!

Be careful. The same attitude got the clique having pops at me all sides this morning. For some the glass is 7/8 empty no matter what. Thats just how things are meant to be here.

Think you need to go back and read my posts. Not a word about Jose so strong tangent you've went off on. Great win today but still need to win next week.

City have not dropped a point since August.

Not a point.

Not an impossible task by any means.

There's a clique again??? Wahey!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id like them to prove he wasn't applauding the fans or his team mates.

Good point he didn't actually appear to do it infront of the ref so should be ok. Wonder will this suspension perhaps bring Mkhitaryan back into the fold. Maybe being dropped for the few games might have gave him a wee boot up the arse so he'll have a point to prove and be up for showing his best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Well how did it work out then?

They hoped to break us down, we hoped to counter them.

Two valid ways of playing, as i stated.

We capitalised on two early mistakes and more than rode our luck for the rest of the game. Another counter attacking goal by Lingard relieved some of the pressure, but it was one way traffic for the majority of that match.

Good to get the 3 points though.

Not an impossible task by any means.

To not drop a single point?

How come it's not done so? You seriously aren't gonna give city credit for the incredible bar they are setting and pretend it's just standard?

That's fairly tough to defend I gotta tell you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Be careful. The same attitude got the clique having pops at me all sides this morning. For some the glass is 7/8 empty no matter what. Thats just how things are meant to be here.

With all due respect, don't drag me into that "clique" nonsense. Neither side of that stupid spat today looked good. I wholeheartidly agreed with your post about the stats, but the aftermath...nah, leave me out of that please and thanks.

Moving on...

We've CSKA next, yeah? Be nice to get the qualification official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That isn’t what happened at all.

How come it's not done so? You seriously aren't gonna give city credit for the incredible bar they are setting and pretend it's just standard?

Undefeated in the league and only 2pts dropped from a single draw.

So should I read back and see who makes up the clique these days?

I miss lordgoat now I think of it. Think the last time o heard of the clique I was in one with him :(

Undefeated in the league and only 2pts dropped from a single draw.

Yes.

I miss lordgoat now I think of it. Think the last time o heard of the clique I was in one with him :(

Lordgoat gave up here a long time ago unfortunately.

Also I know he drove a lot of people mad but I really miss Pro f too.

Oh and as Mick said earlier, what’s happened to Maximus?

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

And FlintFredstone? He really hated me.

We've CSKA next, yeah? Be nice to get the qualification official.

I would drop Pogba. Granted its not like he will need a rest but I think it'd be a good chance to try the new shape in midfield before we take on Man City. We dont have an exact Pogba replacement so I'll imagine we have to alter this formation for next week now. Might aswell use the CL game as a kinda dress rehersal.

Be careful your posts are been screenshot ;)

Not a sh*te clue who most these lads are but I wonder where Zerks went. He was a decent fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pogba getting a red while a pain in the arse before the city game isn't the worst. He'll only get the three games and while the next one is a big miss the other two should be OK without him. Bournemouth at home and west Brom away. It's good for him to get a rest in the run up to Christmas.

Just a pity the league cup game wasn't sooner as that's after those and iirc league cup games count.

• Advertisement

I never said anything about it being easy just that we need the win. A draw isn't good enough.

And yeah, it's also "just" City who nearly dropped points midweek. You'd swear it was Burton Albion vs prime Barca.

Pro f is a huge loss. I've had my fair share of disagreements with him through the years but always had a huge degree of respect for him. Always put forward his argument and position well. Sometimes a little too much but hey, definitely one of the good ones.

Np idea bout Maximus. Thought he was still active on the American football forum anyway. Yeah I remember about lordgoat now. Won't discuss it on thread obviously but stuff got fairly personal alright and he stepped away for his own sake really

There is no real cliques here we all dislike each other equal amounts

Yeah he seems to be gone too, a long time poster, was here under a couple of different names previously too.

I never said anything about it being easy just that we need the win. A draw isn't good enough.

And yeah, it's also "just" City who nearly dropped points midweek. You'd swear it was Burton Albion vs prime Barca.

It's probably the hyperbole that skews the point then. No it is not an impossible task, but it is certainly no easy task to beat them particularly without pogba.

I'd say the odds are fairly stacked against us in all honesty.

Nearly dropped points didn't drop them though. Quite a distinction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Is Pro F gone for good ?

You seem to be flip flopping though. You thought Utd had little chance against Arsenal(with Pogba in the team) and now you are saying it’s only City(we will have no Pogba)who have swept all before them so far this season and have looked by far the best team in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beno619 wrote: »
    Is Pro F gone for good ?

I heard he's caught in an infinite loop arguing with himself about something he can't remember .

Probably a lie though

Be careful your posts are been screenshot ;)

Never mind screenshot!!

My posts are discussed in a thread on Twitter and reddit boy!

Plenty of one here too I'd imagine :) sure what can you do but laugh really?

You seem to be flip flopping though. You thought Utd had little chance against Arsenal(with Pogba in the team) and now you are saying it’s only City(we will have no Pogba)who have swept all before them so far this season and have looked by far the best team in the league.

Well I may not have expected to win (away) but seen as we did so well, there is no reason we should be over the moon with one point next week. We have more than enough to get the win at home.

• Advertisement

I remember Pro F.

Seems a few users been chased away. Shame since we supposedly all have a common interest in the club.

He could be a re-reg of any poster in here so ;);)

Well I may not have expected to win (away) but seen as we did so well, there is no reason we should be over the moon with one point next week. We have more than enough to get the win at home.

No one said they would be over the moon with a point though?

Also, I know it’s maybe semantics but, you saying that you didn’t expect a win now isn’t the same as what you said before the game when you said Utd had little chance.

Anyway, I’m too happy now to be arguing.

Never mind screenshot!!

My posts are discussed in a thread on Twitter and reddit boy!

Plenty of one here too I'd imagine :) sure what can you do but laugh really?

Oh i didnt realise ypu were that famous.. well done pal.

I remember Pro F.

Seems a few users been chased away. Shame since we supposedly all have a common interest in the club.

Ah look will you stop with this victim nonsense. If there’s one poster that wouldn’t be chased away it’s Pro f so you don’t remember him well then.

He argued football vehemently on here a s tried to back up his points. He clashed with some people on here but it was all football related.

No ones been chased away.

It’s probably been Utds biggest win this season and here you are trying to make it about you.

Oh i didnt realise ypu were that famous.. well done pal.

Infamous more than famous I’d guess. :pac:

Seems it's ok to talk about how good City are in here all of a sudden. It was frowned upon to say the least only a few weeks ago.

I certainly wouldn't say beating them is an impossible task. Hopefully the fact that it's on in Old Trafford might offset Pogba's absence somewhat. If City were at home I reckon we'd have been in for a long afternoon of backs to the wall defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AFTV has their post mortem of the game up. Should be good for a laugh.

Ah look will you stop with this victim nonsense. If there’s one poster that wouldn’t be chased away it’s Pro f so you don’t remember him well then.

He argued football vehemently on here a s tried to back up his points. He clashed with some people on here but it was all football related.

No ones been chased away.

It’s probably been Utds biggest win this season and here you are trying to make it about you.

And someone decides to whinge about my posts again....
    Yeah I remember about lordgoat now. Won't discuss it on thread obviously but stuff got fairly personal alright and he stepped away for his own sake really
    sure as fcuk sounds like that lad was hounded out if it got fcuking personal and he had to go for his own sake....but no its about me apparently?

Shag this. Time for the pub.

Lol. Usual buckos racking the thanks for ya pal. Predictable.

• Advertisement

First game I didn't get too see all season
    Sounds like a good one
    Shame about Pogba getting sent off
    Lots to catch up on. MOTD tonight too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement