Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah nothing about Utd again so yeah that’s me done with PJ. I’m not getting dragged down that rabbit hole any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Dave just unbelievable tonight. Lingard gets MOTM tho!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Until the pogba red card I actually thought United again were after getting on top if it after arsenal scored we got our goal and were doing enough to make sure arsenal didn't get a rhythm going it was similar in the week against Watford I'd like to think both instances showed we had plenty left in the tank if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Is this the most amount of points we've had at this point in a PL season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'll try again for those who couldnt see the first attempt.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    We've CSKA next, yeah? Be nice to get the qualification official.

I would drop Pogba. Granted its not like he will need a rest but I think it'd be a good chance to try the new shape in midfield before we take on Man City. We dont have an exact Pogba replacement so I'll imagine we have to alter this formation for next week now. Might aswell use the CL game as a kinda dress rehersal. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    First game I didn't get too see all season
    Sounds like a good one
    Shame about Pogba getting sent off
    Lots to catch up on. MOTD tonight too

Same as, typical that it was one great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Great result, Arsenal were on a run of 18 without loss at home and on a bit of a run since the pool game.

I would've taken a point before the game. Utd have been in a bit of a lull the last few weeks, though with Pogba back (opps) things were looking better. Arsenal had all the ball, and plenty of shots but we took advantage of two mistakes and any team that loses three goals is always going to struggle to get a result. We were without our two main CB's so hardly surprising we struggled and the problems Arsenal have have never been down to lack of quality up front so to hold out to concede only 1 is a great result. (although we were very lucky and had DDG)

Going to enjoy watching the highlights tonight.

Spurs dropped points again.

Oh and M!ck^, hows about you do everyone a favour a miss the city game as well:D

I’d say if match of the day were to show all the highlights they would run for about 75 minutes! There was that much action in the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'll try again for those who couldnt see the first attempt.

I would drop Pogba. Granted its not like he will need a rest but I think it'd be a good chance to try the new shape in midfield before we take on Man City. We dont have an exact Pogba replacement so I'll imagine we have to alter this formation for next week now. Might aswell use the CL game as a kinda dress rehersal. Thoughts?

On the other hand, Pogba is going to get a three game rest after the CL match. I'd rather rest the likes of Matic get a game off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well the heart ain't too good after that but good win.

I think a point would not have been bad result but 3 is huge.

Pogba huge loss for City and they are slight fave to beat us next week now, but I don't fear them and reckon we can beat them.

will enjoy today first. Been while since beat them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

pjohnson wrote: »

sure as fcuk sounds like that lad was hounded out if it got fcuking personal and he had to go for his own sake....but no its about me apparently?

Shag this. Time for the pub.

Nope, not a thing with anybody in this thread. Like I said I won't go in to it here. Suffice to say, there is a certain element that did have a private group, that did target people outside boards and did cross a line.

But No, no hounding of anybody from this particular fan thread.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

adox wrote: »
    I’d say if match of the day were to show all the highlights they would run for about 75 minutes! There was that much action in the game.

Can't wait to see it.
    Comical amount of salt in the match thread too haha

Nope, not a thing with anybody in this thread. Like I said I won't go in to it here. Suffice to say, there is a certain element that did have a private group, that did target people outside boards and did cross a line.

But No, no hounding of anybody from this particular fan thread.

Sure I had a paragraph written about me! Weird stuff.

My own fanbase :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Prices with the bookmakers for the Derby

United - 3/1
    Draw - 11/4
    City - Evens

So 50% chance or thereabouts of getting something from it. Not often a team are even money at Old Trafford

Sure I had a paragraph written about me! Weird stuff.

My own fanbase :)

I can read between the lines about posters who don't like me. You can just know.

That same poster had swipe at me ( I only got 1 sentence) called me something can't remember what for me liking post on Twitter. When I read post on Twitter to reply from me it's usually just me acknowling the post.

I actually thought that Poster was sound and was good skin. Not sure what happened.

but it's only a fourm. Everyone has their own Personal Problems and a life outside here. Life is too short. Maybe it's me getting old.:pac:

and it's not stopping me enjoying win tonight. ole

Islander13 wrote: »
    Prices with the bookmakers for the Derby

United - 3/1
    Draw - 11/4
    City - Evens

So 50% chance or thereabouts of getting something from it. Not often a team are even money at Old Trafford

we are a bet at that. Huge price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good to see a win in a classic game. Bit of a mess at times but the risk of inviting them on to hit them on the break worked great. Well done Jesse, very happy with his movement, reading of game for the second of his goals. The composed finish for his first, much like Watford points to someone really getting confident in his right to play for United.

Dave is the best.
    Seems it's ok to talk about how good City are in here all of a sudden. It was frowned upon to say the least only a few weeks ago.

I certainly wouldn't say beating them is an impossible task. Hopefully the fact that it's on in Old Trafford might offset Pogba's absence somewhat. If City were at home I reckon we'd have been in for a long afternoon of backs to the wall defending.

Do you really need someone to post that City is the next league game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

First game I didn't get too see all season
    Sounds like a good one
    Shame about Pogba getting sent off
    Lots to catch up on. MOTD tonight too

Do yourself a favour Mick and watch the full 90 minutes and not MOTD. Great game for a neutral and a Utd fan. Surreal match in some ways.

Do yourself a favour Mick and watch the full 90 minutes and not MOTD. Great game for a neutral and a Utd fan. Surreal match in some ways.

Put it this way. There were that many goal line scrambles, near misses etc that she some of them were happening the commentators were talking about something else. They’d become immune to them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MUTV will show the full game from midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lingard has been immense the past two games. When he's at it he's a real pox to play against.

I also love how much his celebrations wind up opposition fans.

Utd on first on MOTD. 10.20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hococop wrote:
    Wonder will he be picked for the world 11

Probably give it to buffon if he's retiring at seasons end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On the other hand, Pogba is going to get a three game rest after the CL match. I'd rather rest the likes of Matic get a game off.

Couldn't agree more. Pogba should play 90 midweek and put Matic in cotton wool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Think I watched most of that game from behind the couch :) what a great game. Coughed up an unreal amount of chances though. Enjoy the day but we cannot afford to be that porous against City next week or we'll be absolutely destroyed. Unreal performance from De Gea, don't know how he got to some of those attempts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Missed the match so watching MOTD with the full 90 lined up for the morning when I pack everyone off out of the house.

Martial's touch for the second....sploosh

Watching again now on MOTD, Martial's flick for the second was filthy :)

Also, meant to say earlier, to say we took advantage of a couple of mistakes at the start and leave out the work Lingard put in pressing and harrying to force the mistake for the second is wrong imo.

The tactics were pretty much spot on at the start, a wobble for a period after the break for sure, all round a great game of ball. Arsenal were unreal creatively!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just came watching DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

United going better than expected and I'd still be happy with a solid top three finish this year as that would be progress over the last few years.

One issue that we seem to have is Jose is reluctant to play just two CBs and probably doesn't trust leaving Lindelof or Smalling as two, or one of two, CBs. That then leaves Pogba as one of two CMs which leaves us very open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Any sign of Jone or Bailly being back? Whilst the other guys have done well the last few matches, I do feel we look more solid with Jones & Bailly at the back.

De Gea performance gets better on a second viewing, that double save from Lacazette then Sanchez.

The look on Lacazette's face that said "how the actual f*ck" when DDG made that double save.

Drown me in the tears of your sorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm on the beers. I love you all.

De Gea performance gets better on a second viewing, that double save from Lacazette then Sanchez.

Just watched that. It's near a cyborg level of a reaction save.
    Worlds best, just crown him already.

Pogba only misses one game not three I thought?

• Advertisement

I think Smalling has been as impressive as anyone at the back this season. There is no way I’d be shifting him out of the team for anyone.

Jones can’t be relied upon and I think it’s only a matter of time before Jose loses patience with him and moves him on.

Lindelof has looked pretty solid the last few games and he won’t get tested as much as he did today for a long time.

I know there’s a lot of love for Rojo in here but I just don’t trust him. Thought he was one of the ones at fault for the goal, stepping up try8ng to play offside instead of holding his ground.

Anyway I don’t think the CBS are the problem with us giving up a lot of chances. I still think it stems from the midfield set up and lack of cover they get.

Fair ****s to Shearer fro praising Utd so much. Would have been so easy to say how unlucky Arsenal were etc but he was having none of it.

Oh and(I’ll be lambasted for this I’m sure but) I thought Pogba was a little unlucky with the red. It was a bizzare incident. Put his foot up to block the ball but his momentum took him into Bellerin, who’s body position btw was utterly bizzare for the challenge. I’d say you could run that same scenario a dozen times with the same Pogba challenge and it wouldn’t be a red. I don’t think Bellerin would be where he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No it was straight red definitely 3

Straight red is an automatic 3 game ban I’m pretty sure. One game is for a second yellow red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I see people were asking about maximus, pretty sure I recall him saying what he wouldn’t be posting as much when Jose took over as he dislikes him and that.. no entirely certain but I think he is still around the place and does have the occasional post..

Pro F pops in every now and then, maybe real life has tore him away from his computer. As for Flint, think he was banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think 3 if the reason for the red is deemed dangerous play. I'd say he's looking at 3 games alright.

• Advertisement

Oh and(I’ll be lambasted for this I’m sure but) I thought Pogba was a little unlucky with the red. It was a bizzare incident. Put his foot up to block the ball but his momentum took him into Bellerin, who’s body position btw was utterly bizzare for the challenge. I’d say you could run that same scenario a dozen times with the same Pogba challenge and it wouldn’t be a red. I don’t think Bellerin would be where he was.

Thought something similar. That said, I still think it would be hard for the ref to not give a red but I don't think it was intentional and probably not even reckless. But how it looked, it was only going to be red.

I think Smalling has been as impressive as anyone at the back this season. There is no way I’d be shifting him out of the team for anyone.

Jones can’t be relied upon and I think it’s only a matter of time before Jose loses patience with him and moves him on.

Lindelof has looked pretty solid the last few games and he won’t get tested as much as he did today for a long time.

I know there’s a lot of love for Rojo in here but I just don’t trust him. Thought he was one of the ones at fault for the goal, stepping up try8ng to play offside instead of holding his ground.

Anyway I don’t think the CBS are the problem with us giving up a lot of chances. I still think it stems from the midfield set up and lack of cover they get.

Fair ****s to Shearer fro praising Utd so much. Would have been so easy to say how unlucky Arsenal were etc but he was having none of it.

Bellerin has apparently posted something about it on twitter and now it's been deleted. Il try dig it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The Pogba red was not deliberate but he was reckless, he had to go and he will get a rest.

This was the consummate Jeckyl and Hyde performance, irresistible in attack but defensively awful.

The amount of times the defenders sliced it when trying to clear was shocking.

DDG is iron man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

scudzilla wrote:
    Just came watching DDG

Did the pony tail not put you off!?

Straight red is an automatic 3 game ban I’m pretty sure. One game is for a second yellow red.

Actually I think I’m wrong. It’s m pretty sure if you get sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity that’s a 1 game ban so there may be different bans for different offenses.

Violent conduct and reckless endangerment(or whatever they call it)will what Pogba will be punished on and that’s definitely a thre game ban.

I think the club should appeal it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Might be another for the clapping going off the field as well.

niallo27 wrote: »

Doubt it. It wasn’t clear who he was clapping (although we all know it was most likely sarcastically at the ref) but I can easily see that being disputed and overturned if it becomes a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Doubt it. It wasn’t clear who he was clapping (although we all know it was most likely sarcastically at the ref) but I can easily see that being disputed and overturned if it becomes a thing.

Fa doesn't need proof to punish utd. I think he may well get another game.

Fa doesn't need proof to punish utd. I think he may well get another game.

Well I’m not surprised you think that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Dreams are wishes the heart makes true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement