Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

1193194195196197199»

Comments

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But without Pogba, haven't we lost the fulcrum for the fast counter-attack? When he was injured we certainly missed him and he was central to our game against Arsenal.

Ya he was always outside our box when the ball was cleared available for a pass for the counter, I actually can't remember was he in the box defending corners and such I presume he was but maybe near the edge. He then had Martial on the left wing high up and Lukaku through the centre to pass to. Lingard or Miki could play a similar role to bring the ball forward. But you'd imagine Pep would be awake to this anyways and have something in place himself.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ibra start if fit as his hold up play is much better then Lukaku and he is better at bringing others into the game also. (not a slight at Lukaku just an opinion) so we could counter with long passes up to him and utilise the raw pace of Rashford and Marital running for deeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

People really have lost the run of themselves regarding City, as invincible as they seemingly are they should be out fighting crime or something, not wasting their special talents on mere football...

No. They aren't close to being the best team the PL has seen and they aren't close to being the complete team now. They might beat us Sunday and they might win the league, but they are still nothing that we haven't seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

VW 1 wrote: »
    Didn't we just have a helter-skelter throwback game v arsenal?

One exciting game doesn’t add up to all the drama you could get in an EPL season back then, up aand down the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Drumpot wrote: »
    One exciting game doesn’t add up to all the drama you could get in an EPL season back then, up aand down the league.

Oh you mean like Leicester city winning the league two year ago or man city winning the league on goal difference with the last kick of the final game of the season doesn't compare to United winning 3 titles I a row literally unchallenged!!

This season I think is going to be one way traffic but there is still some excellent games and footballers on show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

People really have lost the run of themselves regarding City, as invincible as they seemingly are they should be out fighting crime or something, not wasting their special talents on mere football...

No. They aren't close to being the best team the PL has seen and they aren't close to being the complete team now. They might beat us Sunday and they might win the league, but they are still nothing that we haven't seen before.

They will win the world cup and the euros, they are that good :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    They will win the world cup and the euros, they are that good :P

I hear they are entering the Eurovision as well, so will probably win that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Oh you mean like Leicester city winning the league two year ago or man city winning the league on goal difference with the last kick of the final game of the season doesn't compare to United winning 3 titles I a row literally unchallenged!!

This season I think is going to be one way traffic but there is still some excellent games and footballers on show.

Yep there are much better players in the league right now. Genuine world class players in loads of different teams de gea, pogba, ibrahimovic, aguero de bruyne silva hazard azplicueta kane salah coutinho sanchez to name just a few

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    Yep there are much better players in the league right now. Genuine world class players in loads of different teams de gea, pogba, ibrahimovic, aguero de bruyne silva hazard azplicueta kane salah coutinho sanchez to name just a few

Not sure about that. Teams always had some very good players in the league.

For example in last 2000s

Arsenal had - Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, Toure, sagna, Clichy,

Liverpool - Gerrard, Torres, Mascha, Alonso, Carragher, Reina, Agger, Hypia

Chelsea - Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien, Joe Cole, Cole,Cech, Anelka.

Spurs had Modric, Bale, Berbatov,

At various times these teams had better players in and out. Today players and games are more hyped but PL was stronger in 2000s when so many teams used to regularly make semi finals of CL.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Teams always had some very good players in the league.

For example in last 2000s

Arsenal had - Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, Toure, sagna, Clichy,

Liverpool - Gerrard, Torres, Mascha, Alonso, Carragher, Reina, Agger, Hypia

Chelsea - Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien, Joe Cole, Cole,Cech, Anelka.

Spurs had Modric, Bale, Berbatov,

At various times these teams had better players in and out. Today players and games are more hyped but PL was stronger in 2000s when so many teams used to regularly make semi finals of CL.

Fair point, i was just talking about world class players.

Right through the league though now with all the money more of the "lesser" teams have much better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

g6oWsrz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fair point, i was just talking about world class players.

Right through the league though now with all the money more of the "lesser" teams have much better players.

Depends. Paying big sum for average player won't make them better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Depends. Paying big sum for average player won't make them better players.

Lukaku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Soby wrote: »
    g6oWsrz.jpg
    Some stats. Best keeper in the world surely?

Lukaku?

Very apt username to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Panthro wrote: »

Ter Stegen or Oblak would wipe the floor with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

As we saw last night

https://youtu.be/BlrjHLnNzAo

duploelabs wrote: »

Maybe they would but stats dont show the full picture.

De gea is without doubt the best keeper in the world right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Maybe they would but stats dont show the full picture.

De gea is without doubt the best keeper in the world right now

Yeah, who need empirical evidence when you've belief :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

It's hard to tell, sometimes with goalies I feel like I am missing the full picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Panthro wrote: »

pxBgg7x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, who need empirical evidence when you've belief :s

De Gea has been playing in an average United side for years - having to do way more work than top keepers at other clubs. Having to make way more saves than other keepers.

De Gea has had to make near 3 times more saves in the league this season than Ederson (45 to 17 according to sqwacka). De Gea made nearly as many saves on Saturday night as Ederson has all season.

Stats do not tell the full story for a keeper because a dominant team in front of them will make their job much, much easier.

I wouldn't swap De Gea for any keeper right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Now Oblak is in the top 5 alright but GTFO if you think Ter Stefan comes even close to DeGea or even Nueur or Courtois for that matter.. he has a hell of a long way to prove he can be up there with the best

astradave wrote: »
    Now Oblak is in the top 5 alright but GTFO if you think Ter Stefan comes even close to DeGea or even Nueur or Courtois for that matter.. he has a hell of a long way to prove he can be up there with the best

De gea is 7th best in the world dave I'm happy with that.

jayo26 wrote: »
    De gea is 7th best in the world dave I'm happy with that.

Ha I seen that.. it’s like Souness picked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right lads... the bickering and pot shots stop now. By all means come in here and have a different opinion to the other posters, but 1 word replies and blanket statements along the lines of “player A would kill player B” without at least trying to back up your statement will be treated as baiting and incur infractions if it continues

Jaysus someone has taken to the hammer like a fish to water :D congrats on the promotion(demotion?) MrMac

Edit: we need a new thread for the start of MrMac84’s reign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement