Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This is such patronising and condescending rubbish.

I've been arguing for a wide player since before the season began. Jose himself said the 4 signing he wanted was a wide player. Saying it is disappointing to have not got the wide player Jose wanted and I also said we needed has nothing to do with Sky Sports.

or it was part of the plan to get Martial back on form, which has worked perfectly

Griezmann was our 4th player, there is no denying that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bangkok wrote: »
    or it was part of the plan to get Martial back on form, which has worked perfectly

Thats a fcuking stupid plan. It could easily make Martial pack his bags and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You think Greizmann was still a target on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And they could get worse by 11pm

Exactly and we're bickering over a possible single deal. This whole summer window has been farcical. Ourselves, Milan, Madrid and PSG would be the only clubs who have made major strides forward. A lot of clubs have either gone backwards or are STILL trying to make deals happen. While I think we dragged our heels a bit at the start of proceedings we certainly had a damn good window by any clubs standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've been arguing for a wide player since before the season began.

Must have missed that :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Exactly and we're bickering over a possible single deal. This whole summer window has been farcical. Ourselves, Milan, Madrid and PSG would be the only clubs who have made major strides forward. A lot of clubs have either gone backwards or are STILL trying to make deals happen. While I think we dragged our heels a bit at the start of proceedings we certainly had a damn good window by any clubs standards.

We got 3 players in, and compared to Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool, we have done much better than them. No doubt.

However I still think we have weakness's in our team and feel 1 or 2 more players would make us stronger. We only finished 6th last year and I fear we will only slightly improve on last year based on our team.

Thats a fcuking stupid plan. It could easily make Martial pack his bags and go elsewhere.

??? he is at one of the biggest clubs in the world where competition is to be expected, if he couldnt handle that he doesnt deserve to be at the club. but he has excepted it and step up to the challenge.

You think Greizmann was still a target on Friday?

he is still our no1 target for January or next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

TheDoc wrote: »
    I know it can be a bit lame that we havn't got excited over a new signing in a while, but people claiming it poor on our part have been pure sucked up into the transfer window hype that papers and sky want you sucked into.

This is such patronising and condescending rubbish.

I've been arguing for a wide player since before the season began. Jose himself said the 4 signing he wanted was a wide player. Saying it is disappointing to have not got the wide player Jose wanted and I also said we needed has nothing to do with Sky Sports.
    I agree 100% about needing a wide player esp on the left. Rashford and Martial can play there but not their favoured position. There were times vs Leicester on Sat and Swansea the week before that it was very clear that we were really lacking in a player that could get down the line and put a cross in.

• Advertisement

??? he is at one of the biggest clubs in the world where competition is to be expected, if he couldnt handle that he doesnt deserve to be at the club. but he has excepted it and step up to the challenge.

So lets start a rumour to say we are getting more players in his position. Yeah that will get him in gear. :confused:

Thats a horrible idea if we arent actually trying top get someone in.

he is still our no1 target for January or next summer

But our manager said only recently that he would like a 4th signing before the window closed, Griezzman was not that player.

So lets start a rumour to say we are getting more players in his position. Yeah that will get him in gear. :confused:

Thats a horrible idea if we arent actually trying top get someone in.

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I seen that. Did he fall out with Valencia? Wasn't he only there a year?

As a quick follow up.

Apparently Valencia have shifted 18 players this summer. I saw a fan on Reddit saying that they've bought very poorly over the last few years (coupled with bad managerial decisions too) and they were shifting out a lot of the poor performers they had. So Nani got swept up in that overhaul and is off.

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired

Im well aware of reverse psychology. Less of the condecending posts yeah.

Im saying its bollox to suggest that it was Joses plan all along to simple get Martial in gear.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As a quick follow up.

Apparently Valencia have shifted 18 players this summer. I saw a fan on Reddit saying that they've bought very poorly over the last few years (coupled with bad managerial decisions too) and they were shifting out a lot of the poor performers they had. So Nani got swept up in that overhaul and is off.

Seems to be working for them considering how they played at Real. Zaza could have won it for them at the death that day too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nalz wrote: »
    Must have missed that :pac:

Impossible :):):)

I think alot of peiple are twisting Jose words about the 4th signing to suit different arguments.

There is a different in wanting a 4th signing and liking a 4th signing and demanding a 4th signing and expecting a 4th signing.

Jose said he would like a 4th signing but he is also happy to go with what he has he also said somewhere he feels he has the best squad of players he ever has had.

He never said he needed a 4th signing he said earlier in window he asked for 4 players they have brought him 3 and if the 4th is not available he is happy with what he has.

Im very surprised United have kept hold of players. In the summer Jones, Felliani, Smalling, Young, Martial, Darmian and others were all rumoured to be leaving yet here we are on deadline day, none seem to be moving. Apart from Smalling (who is a cabbage but he makes up the home grown quota I suppose), Im delighted we have kept these players here as they are all handy squad players to have. (Only Jones has started all 3 games so far)

Im very surprised United have kept hold of players. In the summer Jones, Felliani, Smalling, Young, Martial, Darmian and others were all rumoured to be leaving yet here we are on deadline day, none seem to be moving. Apart from Smalling (who is a cabbage but he makes up the home grown quota I suppose), Im delighted we have kept these players here as they are all handy squad players to have. (Only Jones has started all 3 games so far)

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I keep seeing here and elsewhere about going for Griezmann in January. Do people think this is realistic? I can't see Athletico allowing him to leave in January. I know their ban will be up then, but who do they replace him with (assuming Costa doesn't sign). Not many top forwards are going to be available in the winter market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

pjohnson wrote: »
    Arsenal and Chelsea have had stinking windows compared to us.

I saw on Sky this morning that Chelsea had 37 outgoings this summer. While that is obviously bloated by loans, still pretty shocking stuff.

no

Oh hes a cabbage.

But you disagree? Shocker. Maybe instead of responding with a "no", you could tell me why Im wrong.

He ball watches and switches off at vital times. Has no concentration. Hes a liability.

markc1184 wrote: »
    I keep seeing here and elsewhere about going for Griezmann in January. Do people think this is realistic? I can't see Athletico allowing him to leave in January. I know their ban will be up then, but who do they replace him with (assuming Costa doesn't sign). Not many top forwards are going to be available in the winter market.

they will probably sign costa today, loan him out until jan and then maybe sell griezmann then as they will have a replacement

markc1184 wrote: »

Costa will sign in January I'd bet my life on it but I doubt griezmann will move until next summer.

Oh hes a cabbage.

But you disagree? Shocker. Maybe instead of responding with a "no", you could tell me why Im wrong.

He ball watches and switches off at vital times. Has no concentration. Hes a liability.

you can call him a poor player if you wish, but why insult him?

Oh hes a cabbage.

1200px-_Cabbage_and_cross_section_on_white.jpg hi-res-284460e01d35d79e79d63d8c35f8056a_crop_nor.jpg

Do you still not see why you are wrong?

jayo26 wrote: »

They both have the same use in a top flight team in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Mahrez has been authorized to leave Algeria national team training camp to finalize his transfer to a new club?

David Ornstein on Twitter
    "The club Riyad Mahrez has left the Algeria squad to sign for is... not Arsenal. #AFC are not in contention for the #LCFC winger #bbcfootball"

and according to Sky Sports Mahrez has checked into a London hotel last night.

Looks like he's on the move but most likely will join his old team mate Kante at Chelsea.

I don't like your eyes. I agree with Bangkok no need to insult players it is childish and believe it or not a cardable offence.

jayo26 wrote: »
    1200px-_Cabbage_and_cross_section_on_white.jpg hi-res-284460e01d35d79e79d63d8c35f8056a_crop_nor.jpg

He called him a cabbage not a cabbage and a half get your facts right dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

James Scowcroft‏ @scowy1975

Willian to United maybe

Mahrez to Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Delboy5 wrote: »

Willian to United maybe

Mahrez to Chelsea

I would like Willian. Very hard working player and I think he's underrated by many.

Willian to United maybe

Mahrez to Chelsea

Who is Scowcroft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jeez chill the fcuk out now Leatherface surely a cabbage has more nutrional value than Smalling. Bits of Smalling in a salad be awful.

We arent getting Willian, theres no way Chelsea will sell us slick willy after Matic. Not a hope.

Video of Conte as the the Chelsea board announce they want to sell William to United
    Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Willian is a workhorse but I don't think we need that

From what I can see, Scowcroft isn't a journalist or anything. Just a random guy who is theorizing. Nothing rumour at all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Willian is a workhorse but I don't think we need that
    I'd say it's exactly what Jose wants though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Who is Scowcroft?

Used to play for Leicester City and Ipswich....

I think he writes for United We Stand!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Who is Scowcroft?

Ex Leicester & Palace player? Dunno how he would know about Chelsea tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

paddy power have slashed the odds on sanchez joining united add in the willian rumour

i think the Bull**** has started

From what I can see, Scowcroft isn't a journalist or anything. Just a random guy who is theorizing. Nothing rumour at all....

Its a very odd theory to come up with, id pay no attention to it.

Even if we wanted Willian, they surely wont sell us a top player after the stick they are getting for Matic.

Willian to United maybe

Mahrez to Chelsea

no chance

Willian is currently in Porto Alegre with Brazil and theres no way chelsea would sell him, one of their best players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

sky88 wrote: »
    paddy power have slashed the odds on sanchez joining united add in the willian rumour

i think the Bull**** has started

Someone probably put a tenner on it.

I don't expect United to sign anyone but it will be a great deadline day to watch.

• Advertisement

From the reddit live transfer day thread
    a minute ago Mahrez watch;
    Interestingly Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal are all OUT of the running for him. Sky Sports staff on the ground at the training grounds have all said no-one is making moves for him. That leaves Barcelona in the clear to sign him.....unless Woody getting a twitch that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SSN: No contact between Chelsea and Leicester over Mahrez.

Aurier confirmed as Spurs player.Ah sure,we signed Valencia's left foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Aurier confirmed to Spurs

shame
    XiEhW_XK_normal.jpg Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial
    We are delighted to announce the signing of @Serge_aurier from Paris Saint-Germain. 270d.png#WelcomeAurier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    Aurier confirmed to Spurs

Look up,you zerked it:):)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement