Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

wasnt mahrez in paris last night? Meant to be waiting to see if coutinho doesnt go to barca they will sign mahrez

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    SSN: No contact between Chelsea and Leicester over Mahrez.

My understanding is that he didn't leave national duty because a deal was close, but rather he hoped someone would come after him, and wanted to be ready if they did, rather than on a plane to Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My understanding is that he didn't leave national duty because a deal was close, but rather he hoped someone would come after him, and wanted to be ready if they did, rather than on a plane to Africa.

Whoring himself out by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

**** you Zerks! :D

Ah good aul deadline day

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/903150475926786048
    Nico Gaitan has told his agent to listen to late offers.

GAITAN.

Now it's deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

EXCLUSIVE: Jose Mourinho launches audacious bid to land Chelsea star -
    @ncustisTheSun

Custis going with the Willian rumour now too...

Why would Marhez go to london if in taks with Barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Have to think that Willian rumour is BS or Chelsea will tell us to bugger off very quickly. Can't see any way they sell Willian, and especially not to us (after selling us Matic).

I'd love for United to sign him, but just don't think it is realistic at all - and I don't think it is a move United would make on the last day of the window as I think it would require A LOT of negotiations to get done if it was possible at all.

Why would Marhez go to london if in taks with Barcelona?

he is in paris

bangkok wrote: »
    he is in paris

well wherever the **** he is :D why is he not in barcelona if he is signing for em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Delboy5 wrote: »
    EXCLUSIVE: Jose Mourinho launches audacious bid to land Chelsea star -
    @ncustisTheSun

Custis going with the Willian rumour now too...

Audacious is an under statement, impossible is how Id describe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Audacious is an under statement, impossible is how Id describe it.

We all know how you describe things you cannibal.

he is in paris

https://twitter.com/SaraMenai/status/903223551632736256

Hes in Barcalona now apparently

pjohnson wrote: »
    We all know how you describe things you cannibal.

Im a big fan of Luis Suarez's work, if ya know what I mean

well wherever the **** he is :D why is he not in barcelona if he is signing for em

he doesnt know if he is yet, if coutinho goes to barca its doubtful mahrez will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mahrez is the reincarnation of Padre Pio. He's everywhere at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Deadline day is gas.

Glad we got our targets in early so can sit back and enjoy the shenanigans.

All things considered it could be worse.

We could all be here tying to convince eachother and ourselves that we aren't massively disappointed with signing Oxlaide Chamberlain.

We could all be here tying to convince eachother and ourselves that we aren't massively disappointed with signing Oxlaide Chamberlain.

Although he's still young, I've just read he's only managed 9 league goals in six years for Arsenal. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Deadline day is gas.

Kenny Cunningham will be disappointed that Jose didnt listen to him :D

Deadline day is gas.

yep, have a look in the arsenal thread there... :pac:

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Although he's still young, I've just read he's only managed 9 league goals in six years for Arsenal. :eek:

He's a Cm who covers RB, right? How many has Valencia got? Or Carrick? Seems a weird stat to bash him with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yep, have a look in the arsenal thread there... :pac:

It's absolutely staggering that Arsenal have allowed themselves to get into this position.

There is ineptitude from top to bottom in the club, boardroom to on field.

They could end up in complete free fall unless massive changes are made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Arsenal trying to flog off Perez exactly a year after they bought him really highlights the fact that throwing cash around last minute is often a waste of money.

I like the approach we've taken the past 2 windows. Incrementally adding to the squad. Last summers signings should hit the ground running this season due to the years experience of PL football, a year of playing/training with their team mates and adapting to Joses system.

The few players added this summer will hopefully slot in a bit quicker given the foundation that's already there.

Splashing out a sh*t load of money on 7/8 top quality players and throwing them into a team isn't always a recipe for success.

I wouldn't be devastated if we got one step further to the PL title and deep into the CL if next year we set ourselves up perfectly for a few years of continued success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

United should have a bit of fun today and keep outbidding city for Sanchez just to up the price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kagawa gone to Stoke, we play them next, you know he will set up the winner for them :(

He's a Cm who covers RB, right? How many has Valencia got? Or Carrick? Seems a weird stat to bash him with...

I always thought he played as a winger and only really moved into the CM recently. I'm sure he played most of his games from wide right of a 4231

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Kagawa gone to Stoke, we play them next, you know he will set up the winner for them :(

Where ya seeing that, can see nothing at all anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

This may be a stupid question but here goes;

As the deadline in Spain is tomorrow night can they sign players from Spain only tomorrow or still able to sign players from Series A/EPL etc?

I swear, I've read this one before in multiple windows and it's always a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

pretty sure that was a false rumour, havent seen it anywhere credible

Kankan14 wrote: »

As the deadline in Spain is tomorrow night can they sign players from Spain only tomorrow or still able to sign players from Series A/EPL etc?

From whomever they want.

In theory, teams can buy whoever they want whenever they want. It's just they can only register them during the transfer windows, so most clubs don't push for deals to be finalised until the windows open.

But Spanish teams will be able to buy whoever they want tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/903235632771866626

Wonder where this guy is going to end up. He clearly wants out of Leceister if he left the national team

Kankan14 wrote: »

They can sign anyone. It's all about registering players really. The only problem they would have is the other teams couldn't buy a replacement so probably won't deal with them

Wrong. I've always seen him playing out wide, but he himself wants to be a CM and then Arsene pulled a LvG and shoe-horned him into wing-back during injury spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm wrong was a fake pic of kagawa

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/903235632771866626

Wonder where this guy is going to end up. He clearly wants out of Leceister if he left the national team

He's a banker for Barca now that Balague has stated that :D

This Marhez thing will end up like Odemwingie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Really hope this doesn't happen. City on paper would have an incredible team with Sanchez

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/903231313561440256

Really hope this doesn't happen. City on paper would have an incredible team with Sanchez

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/903231313561440256

They already have an incredible attack on paper. Agureo, Jesus, Sterling, Silva. He'll don them well, but their issues really aren't in attack.

City with 55m bid for sanchez, not much of an increase on their initial 50m.

I think Sanchez basically guarantees them the league - can't see how their attacking options could fail bag more points than anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

The ox has a huge amount of talent but I would question his mentality he tends to give up in games I'm very glad we dodged that bullet.

Willian is Chelsea's best player at the moment would be hilarious stuff I also think impossible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is such patronising and condescending rubbish.

I've been arguing for a wide player since before the season began. Jose himself said the 4 signing he wanted was a wide player. Saying it is disappointing to have not got the wide player Jose wanted and I also said we needed has nothing to do with Sky Sports.

That wasn't directed at you, there has been a number of posts and there is a bit of a vibe going around.

But I do think people complaining we arn't in some deadline rush or big deal for someone, after the summer we have had, and the start of the season, is fans getting sucked into the hype machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

They already have an incredible attack on paper. Agureo, Jesus, Sterling, Silva. He'll don them well, but their issues really aren't in attack.

Spot the odd one out.

TheDoc wrote: »
    That wasn't directed at you, there has been a number of posts and there is a bit of a vibe going around.

But I do think people complaining we arn't in some deadline rush or big deal for someone, after the summer we have had, and the start of the season, is fans getting sucked into the hype machine.

Beating West Ham and Swansea - who exactly is getting sucked into which hype machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I think Sanchez basically guarantees them the league - can't see how their attacking options could fail bag more points than anyone else.

Would Sanchez fit in there? Could be argued he'd want to take a bit more out of the ball than Pep and co would appreciate.

Spot the odd one out.

sterling is good going forward...last 4 seasons 10 goals, 11 goals, 10 goals, 11 goals and he is still only 22

Seems a bit late in the day moving for Willian, player Jose obviously wanted was it last summer? Obviously would fit in lovely, a really talented player with the work ethic Jose likes and being a former player wouldn't take long getting up to speed.

But seems a bit late for making that assault again, when we were rebuffed so strongly first time around.

Would Sanchez fit in there? Could be argued he'd want to take a bit more out of the ball than Pep and co would appreciate.

jesus

sanchez----aguero
    de bruyne

silva----fernandinho

sane
    bernado silva
    sterling

3 back up players for the forward positions

Beating West Ham and Swansea - who exactly is getting sucked into which hype machine?

OK man a quick nosey on Twitter, reddit,F365 forums, redcafe and other platforms (by which now I've mentioned enough that I keep tabs on multiple things not just boards) there is plenty of vibes out there of people claiming if we don't do something today when our rivals are, its somehow a poor window.

Also did you not mention yourself that without a winger you consider the window a disappointment?

Just think thats extreme over the top reaction to another solid summer of acquisition with little disruption, where we have strengthened our first XI with a world class striker and a multi premier league winning midfielder. And a defender we don't know what will become off.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Seems a bit late in the day moving for Willian, player Jose obviously wanted was it last summer? Obviously would fit in lovely, a really talented player with the work ethic Jose likes and being a former player wouldn't take long getting up to speed.

But seems a bit late for making that assault again, when we were rebuffed so strongly first time around.

its a bulls**t link i can only imagine, he is in port alegre with brazil. no time for medical etc etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement