Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

bangkok wrote: »
    sterling is good going forward...last 4 seasons 10 goals, 11 goals, 10 goals, 11 goals and he is still only 22

Stats are not something I'm too fond of. He's headless and braindead footballwise in comparison to the others. I'd be surprised if he gets past this season with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Swansea confirming Renato Sanches transfer. Strangest transfer of the summer imo but could prove to be beneficial for both sides. Decent replacement for Siggy i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Stats are not something I'm too fond of. He's headless and braindead footballwise in comparison to the others. I'd be surprised if he gets past this season with them

yes but like i said he is only 22. a bit like rashford and martial with us, they will only improve. you are comparing him with players that are 6,7 8 years ahead of him in development.

Swansea confirming Renato Sanches transfer. Strangest transfer of the summer imo but could prove to be beneficial for both sides. Decent replacement for Siggy i guess

19 year old loan deal to a club where he has worked with the manager before. great for all parties involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hococop wrote: »
    Kagawa gone to Stoke, we play them next, you know he will set up the winner for them :(

Completely forgot about him. Granted he came in a bad period but such a nothing player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So City look to be closing in on a deal for Sanchez, with Arsenal confident of getting Lemar.

Have to admit its disappointing we didn't go for either in that case. If both are get-table then we should have at least thrown our hat in the ring. With Aurier going to Spurs its a slightly disappointing end to the window. All good players in positions we could do with an addition.

Unless we are working on Mahrez then we have an excuse, but the latest rumor is Mahrez opted to stay behind in London with his agent to get a deal done in case anyone came in for him which it looks like is not the case.. Always felt we needed 4 players this window to add to last seasons squad, not the three we added (not counting Zlatan as he was a squad member last season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

J. Marston wrote: »
    Completely forgot about him. Granted he came in a bad period but such a nothing player.

He was brilliant in his first spell at Dortmund ,never got going at United.Really good addition to Stoke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yabadabado wrote: »
    He was brilliant in his first spell at Dortmund ,never got going at United.Really good addition to Stoke.

Lads, seriously, its not true. This story, the fake picture of him with the Stoke jersey, crops up in every window....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's fake :D

jesus

sanchez----aguero
    de bruyne

silva----fernandinho

sane
    bernado silva
    sterling

3 back up players for the forward positions

DeBruyne has been deeper and more central this season

• Advertisement

DeBruyne has been deeper and more central this season

yep but if they get sanchez i think they will line up that way, unless they go with

jesus

---sanchez
    aguero

de bruyne

silva
    fernandinho

either way, still a frightening attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/903235632771866626

Wonder where this guy is going to end up. He clearly wants out of Leceister if he left the national team

Mahrez is at home on the sofa photoshopping himself into different airport photos for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

yes but like i said he is only 22. a bit like rashford and martial with us, they will only improve. you are comparing him with players that are 6,7 8 years ahead of him in development.

You state them being young and say the will only improve, which isnt true. They have the potential to improve and decline. Look at Martial, 2 seasons ago he looked like a great buy, yet he had a poor second season and didnt improve on his first season.

Just because someone is young and full of potential, doesnt mean they are a banker to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yep but if they get sanchez i think they will line up that way, unless they go with

jesus

---sanchez
    aguero

de bruyne

silva
    fernandinho

either way, still a frightening attack

Probably be a 4123 formation I'd say silva and deBruyne behind the front 3 with Fernandinho holding.

Very suspect on the break tbf and will probably have a lot of 4-3 wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

astradave wrote: »
    Probably be a 4123 formation I'd say silva and deBruyne behind the front 3 with Fernandinho holding.

Very suspect on the break tbf and will probably have a lot of 4-3 wins

And considering they pretty much play with wing backs, counter attacking against them could be profitable

jamesbere wrote: »
    And considering they pretty much play with wing backs, counter attacking against them could be profitable

that will change if sanchez comes in i would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pep cant make a defence. Even with Sanchez they will struggle to score enough to make up for the awful defence. Wait till Kompany gets crocked aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lemar turning down AFC as he prefers move to Liverpool are the latest reports.

Lemar is good, if true its a shame we didn't make a move

Chelsea and Arsenal both getting snubbed though in favor of pool :D not sure if that makes me happy or angry :confused:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Pep cant make a defence. Even with Sanchez they will struggle to score enough to make up for the awful defence. Wait till Kompany gets crocked aswell.

he now has walker, mendy, kompany back fit, stones and otamendi. The goalkeeper looks good as well. he has a championship winning team, same as us, will be a fascinating season

Lemar turning down AFC as he prefers move to Liverpool are the latest reports.

Lemar is good, if true its a shame we didn't make a move

Chelsea and Arsenal both getting snubbed though in favor of pool :D not sure if that makes me happy or angry :confused:

if you are a player and the choice is Arsene Wenger or Jurgen Klopp, you are going to klopp all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

if you are a player and the choice is Arsene Wenger or Jurgen Klopp, you are going to klopp all day long

Really Klopp reminds me of a salesman that promises so much and never delivers, in England so far his Dortmund reputation hasn't figured in yet.

I'm grateful we didn't have a De Gea saga this summer.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Really Klopp reminds me of a salesman that promises so much and never delivers, in England so far his Dortmund reputation hasn't figured in yet.

he got liverpool a top 4 finish last season and has one of the most exciting attacking teams in england right now. he is a superb manager imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tuanzabe looking to be headed on loan,Hull interested.
    Willock has signed a 2 yr deal before his loan move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

he got liverpool a top 4 finish last season and has one of the most exciting attacking teams in england right now. he is a superb manager imo

They played 20 odd games less than us and fell over the line for 4th, finishing what, 3 or 4 points ahead of us?

No more than Pep he is capable of having a team that looks great going forward but very suspect at the back.

Time will tell if he is as good as some would have you believe.

They play exciting attacking football but that means **** all if they can't win anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They play exciting attacking football but that means **** all if they can't win anything.

only 1 team can win the league, if either jose or pep doesnt win it this year it will be considered a failure. doesnt mean they are bad managers though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Some last minute shopping by the club perhaps?

Jim White would explode on screen,there'd be a sprint from City's training ground to ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

only 1 team can win the league, if either jose or pep doesnt win it this year it will be considered a failure. doesnt mean they are bad managers though

I don't think it would be a failure if Jose doesn't win it this season. It would be a failure if Pep doesn't though!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »
    Jim White would explode on screen,there'd be a sprint from City's training ground to ours.

Breaking news: Jim White spontaneously combusts with all the last minute deals/scramble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

cant see us buying anyone at this stage will definitely strengthen in jan window

Did we ever get any credible link to him?

More to play for than the league.Klopp has won nothing in England.He can't be considered close to Pep or Jose until he starts winning silverware regularly.
    Never said he was a bad manager but still has a lot to prove until he can be classed as one of the best.

• Advertisement

I don't think it would be a failure if Jose doesn't win it this season. It would be a failure if Pep doesn't though!

isnt it a failure for any team that sets out for to win the league not to win it which im sure jose is targeting.

failure is too strong of a word depending on cup results

sky88 wrote: »
    isnt it a failure for any team that sets out for to win the league not to win it which im sure jose is targeting.

It would be a failure if you are the clear favourite to win it, Utd haven't been clear favourites to win it in quite some time.

not sure how you came to that conclusion??

not sure how you came to that conclusion??

Unsuccessful is the word id choose to use seeing as Utd are not and haven't been favourites to win it in a long time, City are the favourites in every major bokkies so surely if they dont win it, theyve failed no?

More to play for than the league.Klopp has won nothing in England.He can't be considered close to Pep or Jose until he starts winning silverware regularly.
    Never said he was a bad manager but still has a lot to prove until he can be classed as one of the best.

he is managing liverpool though, will be extremely difficult for him to win a league title considering the money utd chelsea and city have spent over the last few years. What he did with dortmund was class and he is building a very good team at liverpool now (kills me to say it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Some absolute carnage going on today with the transfer window closing.

Arsenal bid 92m for lemar!!! Madness if i ever seen it

When arsenal are bidding that kind of money i dont know what the hell is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Arsenal bid 92m for lemar!!! Madness if i ever seen it

Talk about panic buying!! Apparently the player doesn't want Arsenal so we'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Where is the best thread to lurk and follow this as it unfolds haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Talk about panic buying!! Apparently the player doesn't want Arsenal so we'll see how it goes.

Even the Arsenal players don't want to be at Arsenal! Why would a fella with the world (seemingly) at his feet go there? Makes no sence imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Even the Arsenal players don't want to be at Arsenal! Why would a fella with the world (seemingly) at his feet go there? Makes no sence imo

Imagine what is lacazette is thinking.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where is the best thread to lurk and follow this as it unfolds haha.

The arsenal thread when the sanchez bid is accepted and lemar turns them down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Neil Custis is saying that United are trying to sign Willian from Chelsea for £35 million.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Neil Custis is saying that United are trying to sign Willian from Chelsea for £35 million.

Sun devastated they can't pull us into any stories today so are us fabricating them :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement