Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thank fook Sky have moved past that cringe worthy stage where their reporters stood with fans outside the ground. It has calmed down the whole thing to a more somber affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

GSPfan wrote: »
    Thank fook Sky have moved past that cringe worthy stage where their reporters stood with fans outside the ground. It has calmed down the whole thing to a more somber affair.

Wonder why?

BweLuguIAAEadaa.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads that sakho farce has to be up there with odemwinge surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shareholders in Anne Summers are the real losers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City not getting Sanchez is the best thing that's happened to us this window.

Title challenge is on as long as our forward players don't go off the boil like last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lukaku hatrick, granted it's Gibraltar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That is one scarily good French team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ElChe32 wrote: »
    That is one scarily good French team.

Looking at the stats Holland have been awful but as you said France are a monster of a team atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is there anything to be said for a sly loan offer for Fabio Coentraõ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Liam O wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for a sly loan offer for Fabio Coentraõ?

Sporting have him on loan I do believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Barkley snubs Chelsea. Plenty of clubs learning not to wait till last day to try and sign players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

pjohnson wrote: »
    Barkley snubs Chelsea. Plenty of clubs learning not to wait till last day to try and sign players.

Paul 'high IQ' Merson reckons he could change his mind again in next 38 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Paul 'high IQ' Merson reckons he could change his mind again in next 38 mins.

He said Barkley might have got nervous when he saw London :confused:

He said Barkley might have got nervous when he saw London :confused:

Then said “You can’t live in Liverpool all your life”. I’m guessing that must be a law or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Then said “You can’t live in Liverpool all your life”. I’m guessing that must be a law or something.

It was sore statement,but classic Merson

Gonna be a few sorry players tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Still no Mahrez update, crazy day to watch em all scrambling with no worries about us

astradave wrote: »
    Still no Mahrez update, crazy day to watch em all scrambling with no worries about us

I’m switching to Sky News soon to see if he is an official missing persons yet.

Did Evans get a move so much talk and feck all moves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its funny barely anyone wants to go to Chelsea

Did Evans get a move so much talk and feck all moves

No. Every club seems to have sobered up and took the beer goggles off.

Headshot wrote: »

The Conte effect. He seems quite confrontational.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As the transfer window comes to a close, let's remember back two years and the fax machine episode.

https://twitter.com/CraigNorwood/status/903369903952064517

The scenes back in 2015. #faxmachine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Overall it has been a satisfactory transfer window but I can't help but feel that Utd needed to buy another pacy player capable of sending in quality crosses for Lukaku to attack ala Mahrez.
    When you consider Mbappe is going to cost 165m Stg if Mahrez who was available for around 30m is good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

If they're stuck for a utility man that can play centre mid, right wing/full back I'm available.

• Advertisement

Wont it be really interesting how Renato Sanches gets on.

A guy who had the world at his feet but picked the wrong club to go to for his development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Wont it be really interesting how Renato Sanches gets on.

A guy who had the world at his feet but picked the wrong club to go to for his development

He looked a serious player prior to going to Bayern. Hopefully regains his form and becomes the player he looked destined to be.

BREAKING NEWS:

Confirmed with senior sources that Nothing is happening.....anywhere.... imminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Deadline day has went about as well as we could've hoped,in terms of not being involved.

Wont it be interesting also to see how Arsenal's Sanchez gets on. Personally if he was a utd player and he did his upmost best to move, id let him rot on the bench

The guy will never give 100% to the club now

• Advertisement

Wont it be interesting also to see how Arsenal's Sanchez gets on. Personally if he was a utd player and he did his upmost best to move, id let him rot on the bench

To be honest even if he gives 80% he is probably giving more than most at Arsenal right now. It’s all relative. United fans would feel much different than Arsenal fans due to the position they find themselves in.

Sanchez at Arsenal, and it will be interesting to see how Liverpool get on with Coutinho in a similar situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sanchez at Arsenal, and it will be interesting to see how Liverpool get on with Coutinho in a similar situation.

Doubt there will be any trouble with Coutinho, he'll suck it up and get on with his job.

Sanchez though, that guy seems toxic. Moaning arse on the pitch, smirking away on the bench when things are going bad. A bad egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Big Ben, no Berbatov esque hijack neither, was some night seeing that unfold. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

BBC saying Renato could use Swansea as a stepping stone to the bigger clubs in the PL. Did he not turn us down last year :/

Summer Window as a whole:

Chelsea - Embarrassing at times and arguably weaker as a whole.
    Spurs - Nothing of note, penny pinching too much.
    Man City - Alright, but have they actually improved?
    Liverpool - Stronger, but certain areas badly neglected.
    Arsenal - Almost couldn’t have been worse. Sad really.
    Manchester United - Definitely improved but a missed opportunity to put one hand on the trophy.
    Everton - Definitely improved squad, but massive overhauls can backfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can understand Spurs penny pinching, they're spending £800m on a stadium. Arsenal on the other hand is just shameful, most expensive tickets in the league and they buy one player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Seeing the likes of VVD being touted as being a £70m player despite not playing for 7 or 8 months and only 55 PL appearances makes me really appreciate how stacked we are in defense.

Bailly, Jones, Mike and Rocko would walk into pretty much any team in the league. Plus Lindelof is there too though I've aeen next to nothing of him so can't give any opinion on him.

All going well Shaw will stay fit and take his chance when it comes.

Sign an actual right back next summer and we could be sorted defensively for the next 5 years.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doubt there will be any trouble with Coutinho, he'll suck it up and get on with his job.

Sanchez though, that guy seems toxic. Moaning arse on the pitch, smirking away on the bench when things are going bad. A bad egg.

Suppose Coutinho has also given himself enough plausible deniability in his situation - He can blame it on agents. Even though everyone knows that is BS, especially Pool fans, it gives everyone enough to move on and judge him by his contribution on the pitch. Coutinho will be respectful and professional, and the Pool fans will respond accordingly IMO.

Sanchez and Arsenal...that is some shít show. I can almost hear Alexis crying from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba must be worth at least another £60 million to £80 million compared to what United paid last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea - Embarrassing at times and arguably weaker as a whole. (Don't see how they are weaker, Bakoyoko and Morata arguably improve the first XI, suit Conte's playstyle more)
    Spurs - Nothing of note, penny pinching too much. (Aurier and Llorente good signings to an already strong team, got an equal player to Walker for half the price)
    Man City - Alright, but have they actually improved? (Defitinitely stronger in every area)
    Liverpool - Stronger, but certain areas badly neglected. (Better attack, no defensive improvements, glaring)
    Arsenal - Almost couldn’t have been worse. Sad really. (Not great, but did sign a top striker, which they have lacked for years)
    Manchester United - Definitely improved but a missed opportunity to put one hand on the trophy. (Good business for sure)
    Everton - Definitely improved squad, but massive overhauls can backfire. (Agreed)

Disagree with some your comments, but I think overall most of the big teams are stronger.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Disagree with some your comments, but I think overall most of the big teams are stronger.

I said arguably for Chelsea as on paper I don’t see Bakayoko and Morata being better than Matic and Costa. They may end up being better but for now the jury is out. They won the league with relative ease last year so I think disrupting that team is a risk.

Arsenal signing Lacazette to me is not sorting any of their issues. Sure they dropped him on the weekend. He is a decent player but more of the same. They needed to sell Sanchez, Ozil, and Oxlade-Chamberlain early and reinvest before Neymar broke the market. They would know full well none of them would re-sign a contract so why persist with the stance of No Sale. Wengers own contract stand off undermined any persuasive leverage he could have used to convince Sanchez to stay. I would be fuming if I were an Arsenal fan.

Luckily I am not so I’m delighted! Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Chelsea - Embarrassing at times and arguably weaker as a whole.
    Spurs - Nothing of note, penny pinching too much.
    Man City - Alright, but have they actually improved?
    Liverpool - Stronger, but certain areas badly neglected.
    Arsenal - Almost couldn’t have been worse. Sad really.
    Manchester United - Definitely improved but a missed opportunity to put one hand on the trophy.
    Everton - Definitely improved squad, but massive overhauls can backfire.

I think your being harsh on all clubs here. Not overly harsh but Id be less critical.

Chelsea
    : While they did miss out on a lot of signings, they still have brought in some talented players. Morata looks like he’s settling in well and Bakayoko looks very good for a player lacking match fitness. They lack depth for my money up forward and not getting Llorente or any decent back up striker may haunt them later on. Matic being sold to United is a huge mistake. Id rate their window 4 out of 10.

Arsenal : They have kept Sanchez, easily their best player and they have brought in Lacazette who I feel will do well once he settles and gets chances. Losing Gibbs, OAC and Gabriel and even Jenkinson has seen them lose an edge to their squad depth. the lack of more players to replace these out goings will worry, but the squad is still strong enough to reach top 4 or win the Europa. But it will be a tough task

However Wenger seems to have lost what makes him a great a manager and with him in the helm, I believe they will struggle. 3 out of 10

Spurs : They retained most of the squad that made them so good last year. They have brought in players whom time will tell if they are worth it. Sanchez looks great albeit very young, Serge could be a great signing if he keeps his head straight and Llorente is a great back up option to Kane. They didn’t spend big but they look stronger to me. 7 out of 10

City : They bought plenty of defenders and a new goalkeeper which IMO the jury is still out on if they improve the team. However I believe they have enough attacking talent to win the league. Bernardo looked good in what Ive saw of him at Monaco and City this year, add him into what they already have and they are stronger. Missing out on Sanchez isnt the end of the world from them. 7.5 out of 10

Liverpool: Id be expecting more from Liverpool. If they can keep Coutinho after today that would be huge for them. They didn’t reinforce their defence enough for me but adding Robertson seems to be a huge upgrade from Moreno. Salah has settled well too and looks sharp. OAC will give them more options so overall they are stronger. But for the money they have you would expect more signings. Keita isn’t coming until next season either. 6 out of 10 (could raise to 7)

Everton : Big overall. Lots of money and new signings doesnt always mean improvement but Everton fans will be happy that big players were bought to help them challenge for top 4. Siggy will be a big signing for them once he settles but the others may not be good enough to lift them above others into the CL places. Pickford was a risky signing but so far hes done well but I still have my doubts that hes that good. Klassen looks average and Im still unsure about Keane. Sandro could be a steal if he gets going though at 6 million. 5 out of 10

United : I am happy with Lukaku replacing Ibra, and Matic slotting into the team seamlessly which also weakens Chelsea. So far so good, but we needed more. Im not sold on Lindeloff yet. He hasnt got any game time bar pre season and the super cup, and he doesn’t look ready for us yet (but its harsh to judge him on pre season and one kind of competitive game). I would have liked an attacking player/winger like Mahrez given he was available or a LB, but overall we have kept our squad intact, sold dead weight in Rooney and brought in Matic. Not ideal window but we had one of the better windows this season compared to others. Overall we are stonger last year, mainly down to the purchase of Matic as he was the type of player that can make us so much stonger which we lacked last year. 7.5 ot of 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lucas Hood wrote: »

WHAT AN IDIOT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Yeah at least he is an Everton player now and this bad PR is their news.

He plays for Everton now not our problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

beakerjoe wrote:
    City : They bought plenty of defenders and a new goalkeeper which IMO the jury is still out on if they improve the team. However I believe they have enough attacking talent to win the league. Bernardo looked good in what Ive saw of him at Monaco and City this year, add him into what they already have and they are stronger. Missing out on Sanchez isnt the end of the world from them. 7.5 out of 10

Still a Kompany injury away from a disaster at the back IMO. Them not signing another CB and Sanchez is a huge huge boost for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Just like Firmino, Rooney will wrongly get away with it.

Drink Drivers are scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

LEts point out, suspicion, nothing says he did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement