Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

LEts point out, suspicion, nothing says he did.

Surely he wouldn't be arrested unless he failed a roadside test or failed to supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Just like Firmino, Rooney will wrongly get away with it.

Drink Drivers are scum.

Didn't yaya get away with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    Didn't yaya get away with it too.

Yeah - once you make enough money you can do whatever the fúck ya like!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Haha, when Koeman said it was a good thing that Rooney retired from international so he could have more time off I doubt he meant this :D

It's poor form, but he just joins the long list of footballers who've done the same.

Yeah - once you make enough money you can do whatever the fúck ya like!

Infairness yaya drank vodka and coke by mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Infairness yaya drank vodka and coke by mistake
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?

Edit : actually hadn't realised that the general consensus is that he actually did drink it by mistake as opposed to it being a bull**** excuse.

He was drowning his sorrows because they forgot his cake :pac:

He too, is a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lukker- wrote: »
    Haha, when Koeman said it was a good thing that Rooney retired from international so he could have more time off I doubt he meant this :D

It's poor form, but he just joins the long list of footballers who've done the same.

He joins a long list of people in modern society who still do it. Anyway, for all we know he had a glass of wine with his dinner. Wouldnt read too much into it yet

bangkok wrote: »
    He joins a long list of people in modern society who still do it. Anyway, for all we know he had a glass of wine with his dinner. Wouldnt read too much into it yet

I get the feeling that a Scouse cop wouldn't test him unless he was lairy, or driving erratically. Unless he was at a checkpoint or something. Anyways we'll get the full story soon enough I assume.

S.M.B. wrote: »

Edit : actually hadn't realised that the general consensus is that he actually did drink it by mistake as opposed to it being a bull**** excuse.

He did in his fuk drink it by mistake ha. Did you ever put even a tiny drop of vodka in coke if you don't drink alcohol you would notice it straight away.

• Advertisement

Seemingly it's not even been confirmed people are jumping the gun.

He did in his fuk drink it by mistake ha. Did you ever put even a tiny drop of vodka in coke if you don't drink alcohol you would notice it straight away.

There was only one person that thought otherwise IIRC :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Premier League Player of the Month nominees: Jones, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Mane, Salah, Morata, Lossl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Premier League Player of the Month nominees: Jones, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Mane, Salah, Morata, Lossl.

Mkhitaryn or salah I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hococop wrote: »
    Mkhitaryn or salah I'd say

Ben Fosters done well in the West Brom goal too. But a United player would be the most likely. Id say Mkhitiryan

astradave wrote: »
    There was only one person that thought otherwise IIRC :D

The judge

Great to see jones been nominated long may it continue.

Phil Jones could win it, he has been the best defender in the league so far, would rather an attacker win it though as its harder to score and create goals so Mkitarayan for me

someone asked the other day about matic compared to carrick for forward passes.

in season 15/16 where they both played around the same games, Matic 2421mins, carrick 1976 mins, carrick averages 8.5 more forward passes per game and over the season has more than 80 more forward passes having played a lot less.

in season 15/16 where they both played around the same games, Matic 2421mins, carrick 1976 mins, carrick averages 8.5 more forward passes per game and over the season has more than 80 more forward passes having played a lot less.

Matic has never really been a forward passer, especially when playing deep. He's kind of like a metronome, he'll keep the move going usually recycling it onto the wings. He probably had a good amount of forward passes last season but he was playing box to box so got into advanced positions more often.

• Advertisement

Rooney charged...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Rooney charged...

Not past a defender I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No Big Ben, no Berbatov esque hijack neither, was some night seeing that unfold. :D

Was actually reading something yesterday that recounted the Berbatov deal.

I remember walked around to a mates house, we were to play some Fifa but just watch the end of the window, and I was devasted as the news was Spurs accepted City's bid and he was going there. As a big Berbatov fan was raging.

Walked in his front room to the lads all being "DANNNYYYYY" and I turn to the TV to see him walking through the airport with Fergie! Went mental

And then just reading back the specifics on it yesterday I wasn't actually fully aware that Fergie just told Gill he was getting Berbatov, nabbed him at the airport, City dignitaries all in a fluster with Fergie telling them to go **** and whisked him back to Carrington and just telling Spurs, well he's here...you might aswell take our money.

Unbelievable transfer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So TheDoc is Danny...

Fergie is a legend..

S.M.B. wrote: »

My mam used to drink gin a bit, gin and tonic. I'd come down the next morning and there would be a glass on the table or the kitchen and think "ooh cheeky 7up" and then instantly be gagging when I realise it was gin.

I didn't drink numerous glasses, get myself over the limit, be in a heap in the kitchen and be proclaiming to my parents "*hiccup* dat was gin was ih?!?!*hiccup*...no wayyyyyyyy"

brinty wrote: »
    So TheDoc is Danny...

Fergie is a legend..

Think it was established a number of years ago at this stage, that I am not infact a doctor :D

So TheDoc is Danny...

Fergie is a legend..

It's almost like his username are his initials! :eek:

Danny o'connor or Danny O'connell

Danny o'connor or Danny O'connell

Good man brinty, the intercert wasn't wasted anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

Good man brinty, the intercert wasn't wasted anyway :pac:

Whats the Inter cert old man???? :eek:

Whats the Inter cert old man???? :eek:

It was a paper you used to have to have to get into ANCO I think ;);)

Not past a defender I bet.

haha loved this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

This has just made me realise yours is Magic In Real Life? I need to read into peoples usernames more often..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

As a matter of interest would you have Carrick starting ahead of Matic based on above?

akelly02 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest would you have Carrick starting ahead of Matic based on above?

No chance. Carrick is a better passer but his age is against him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

It was a paper you used to have to have to get into ANCO I think ;);)

Group cert was enough for that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently one of the senior members of the team was looking for a move yesterday.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/848643/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Ed-Woodward

The Manchester Evening News say the unnamed squad member met his representatives to discuss a move away.

However, a deal hasn’t gone through because the club’s valuation put off prospective buyers.

The player in question was set to move in January but he eventually stayed put.

When a deal didn’t happen, chief executive Ed Woodward is said to have apologised to the player for denying him a transfer.

The MEN say there’s still a chance Jose Mourinho might sanction his - and others’ - departures in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Apparently one of the senior members of the team was looking for a move yesterday.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/848643/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Ed-Woodward

The Manchester Evening News say the unnamed squad member met his representatives to discuss a move away.

However, a deal hasn’t gone through because the club’s valuation put off prospective buyers.

When a deal didn’t happen, chief executive Ed Woodward is said to have apologised to the player for denying him a transfer.

The MEN say there’s still a chance Jose Mourinho might sanction his - and others’ - departures in January.

Still happy to have Ashley Young as part of the squad, tbh.

I know he was given a lot of stick by the fans for a few years, but he really showed a lot more than other players under LVG. His attitude always seems top notch...... at least that's the impression I get looking in from the outside.

We should have a lot of games this season so he should get chances. The likes of him, Blind (decent quality players that accept their position as part of the squad) are really important for any club challenging on multiple fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Darmian? Can't think of any other player that could fit the bill there. Young was apparently free to move if he wanted to, so maybe not him. Fellaini oft linked away but I'd say mourinho would be dead against that and don't think fellaini wants to leave.

Darmian or Smalling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Must be Darmian or Fellaini

Would like to keep both.

Think Darmian deserves a proper go at right back. I know TonyV is a favourite around here but i still think he a weak link of our attack and defense.

It was apparently, as Vettel says above, Ashley Young..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It was apparently, as Vettel says above, Ashley Young..

Seems an odd one, all the whispers around him indicate he didn't leave simply cause he doesn't want to.

Seems an odd one, all the whispers around him indicate he didn't leave simply cause he doesn't want to.

I think he came out towards the end of the January window and said he didn't know if he would stay.

He was heavily linked to a move to China around that time too, but I think stated he had no intention of leaving England. This is all from memory so not 100%

Pogba man utd player of the month for august for united and he not even nominated for premier league player of the month!!

Pogba man utd player of the month for august for united and he not even nominated for premier league player of the month!!

I thought he should of been nominated but to be honest anyone of him or mkhitaryan or jones could of got it and deserved it.

Has Youngs contract been extended? When does the optional year need to be triggered?

It's a bit ****ty to extend someone's contract just to cash in on them.

But if we're not doing that why are we haggling okay boys price when it'll be next to nothing in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If it is Young (or indeed whoever it is) fair play to them for going about it the right way and not making a big deal of it in the papers etc. Also, you certainly could not question Young's attitude on the pitch even with him not getting the transfer he wanted last Jan - clearly wasn't in a strop about it. Can understand why he might want more game time in what is probably his last year or two at a decent level, but happy to keep him at the same time.

Seems Pereira could be gone on loan to Valencia

https://twitter.com/dani_merono/status/903688408245166084
    Is already done! New player PEREIRA of Valencia CF. The VCF will pay the wage and the transfer of the player. Exchange of documents in brief

https://twitter.com/cmwinterburn/status/903692448156798978

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Rashers on for Sterling at half time (please don't get injured)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement