Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

he is a convicted drunk driver now.
    This is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Good assist there for Blind.

Netherlands 1-0 Bulgaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does deaddonkey own a Volkswagen Beetle?

He might soon enough when his favourite lad loses his license.
    Apparently Koeman had warned Rooney about his behaviour only days before this stuff happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A lot of posters in here care very much about what United coaches have to say about Rooney's training application and diet. Of course, when Roy Keane is the target - who cares?

They might have careD. You get your tenses confused. Not anymore he is Evertons problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

rooney was treated respectfully... he had gone backwards by years imo a player that was past his best 5 years ago... he is a convicted drunk driver now too so in my opinion he is the lowest of the low. when you lose a family member to a drunk driver you will see where I'm coming from... in other words suck it up wayne and throw some of that bitter lemon in your vodka....

The drink driving was completely unrelated to the link that was posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Blind with 2 assists today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The drink driving was completely unrelated to the link that was posted
    I know that and to a point I would have defended him.. sniping isn't doing him any favors either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think it's fair game to discuss any United-related comments made by Rooney. He really doesn't do himself any favours in that respect - he should just move on and concentrate on Everton now imo. Commenting on United management like the above just makes him look unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'm literally too pissed to put an argument together, so I'll leave ye with this...

Gailaimh Abu!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lukaku scored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hococop wrote: »
    Lukaku scored

What a cross by Meunier.
    Think we were after the wrong PSG right back in Aurier.

I think it's fair game to discuss any United-related comments made by Rooney. He really doesn't do himself any favours in that respect - he should just move on and concentrate on Everton now imo. Commenting on United management like the above just makes him look unprofessional.

Chelsea signed Drinkwater,Everton signed Drinkdriver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Amazing that Martial cant get into this French team, just goes to show how bad the manager is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Pogs booked so gets a night off on tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

They're not playing again til October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

QikBax wrote: »
    They're not playing again til October.

Yep forgot that well hes suspended for their next match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    Chelsea signed Drinkwater,Everton signed Drinkdriver.

Classic zerks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Headshot wrote: »
    Amazing that Martial cant get into this French team, just goes to show how bad the manager is

The only player I could see him replacing in that squad today was Fekir on the bench and even that's a toss up on recent form.

He needs to be more productive, he has made over 150 senior appearances now so his age shouldn't come into it. He has started off well but that doesn't change how poor he was all last season yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Interesting article in the Sunday Times by Duncan Castles saying that Ronaldo was planning to join us this summer.

RM wanted to sell us Ronaldo to make way for Mbappe. When the Mbappe deal fell through they wanted to sell us Bale but he didn't want to leave.

Discodog wrote: »
    Interesting article in the Sunday Times by Duncan Castles saying that Ronaldo was planning to join us this summer.

RM wanted to sell us Ronaldo to make way for Mbappe. When the Mbappe deal fell through they wanted to sell us Bale but he didn't want to leave.

Has to be BS - I was told in no uncertain terms that there is no way Madrid would consider selling Bale.

• Advertisement

Has to be BS - I was told in no uncertain terms that there is no way Madrid would consider selling Bale.

Sun running the same story

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4381084/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-kylian-mbappe-gareth-bale/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm delighted tbh. Keeps him fresh & injury free for us when he returns. In fact, I'd love if none of our players played for their country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lindelof with an unreal ball over the top

https://imgtc.com/w/ZJVnsgl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Article doesn't even make sense.

We didn't get Ronaldo because Mbappes dad told him not to leave France right now.

We didn't get Bale because he didn't want to leave.

You have a source?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The only player I could see him replacing in that squad today was Fekir on the bench and even that's a toss up on recent form.

He needs to be more productive, he has made over 150 senior appearances now so his age shouldn't come into it. He has started off well but that doesn't change how poor he was all last season yet.

Coman and there are at least 3-4 players who aren't better talent or players than Martial.

Giroud, Coman, Thauvin for a start.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You have a source?

Bangkok - he was very clear that there was no reason in the world that Madrid would sell Bale. Not because of any injury concerns, not because of Asensio, not because of Isco - none of these things ment, in any way at all, that Madrid would ever consider selling Bale. Not a chance of it. So the articles are clearly just made up.

Etmh3B.jpg

Bangkok - he was very clear that there was no reason in the world that Madrid would sell Bale. Not because of any injury concerns, not because of Asensio, not because of Isco - none of these things ment, in any way at all, that Madrid would ever consider selling Bale. Not a chance of it. So the articles are clearly just made up.
    Oh right haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Etmh3B.jpg

I'd say big dave and sergio should be worrying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

And i was correct. He wasnt sold this transfer window just like i said he wouldnt be

bangkok wrote: »
    And i was correct. He wasnt sold this transfer window just like i said he wouldnt be

But by all accounts they were actively trying to sell him but he refused the move. Which is kind of the point of Mitch's post

The article says he only didn't move cause he didn't want to leave. It has to be a total BS article cause you said, in no uncertain terms, that Real Madrid would never look to sell him.

As I said, must be a BS article - cause you laid out the facts clearly.

astradave wrote: »
    But by all accounts they were actively trying to sell him but he refused the move. Which is kind of the point of Mitch's post

My argument all along was that he wouldnt be sold and he wasnt.

If they wanted to sell him he wouldnt have played super cup against us and wouldnt be playing la liga games for them

My argument all along was that he wouldnt be sold and he wasnt.

If they wanted to sell him he wouldnt have played super cup against us and wouldnt be playing la liga games for them

Yeah, that was totally what your argument was. Completely. Well done Bangkok - your facts and debating skills top notch again.

Moving on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bankok and Mitch having another domestic...

0eZh24w.gif

Yeah, that was totally what your argument was. Completely. Well done Bangkok - your facts and debating skills top notch again.

Moving on....

Think about it, if real wanted to sell bale and jose said before we played them in super cup, if bale doesnt play we will go for him, guess what happens, bales plays and zidane or madrid have no intention of selling him. He is still a madrid player just like i said he would be. Moving on....

Think about it, if real wanted to sell bale and jose said before we played them in super cup, if bale doesnt play we will go for him, guess what happens, bales plays and zidane or madrid have no intention of selling him. He is still a madrid player just like i said he would be. Moving on....

Well done

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Conspiracy theory: bangkok and Mitch are the same person, who just loves this sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Conspiracy theory: bangkok and Mitch are the same person, who just loves this sh*t.

Tyler Durden?

• Advertisement

#rumbled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is that like when you see an old wino arguing with themselves???

City to be investigated now over FFP.I suppose when you throw the GDP of a country at a team every year to try to win trophies then somebody will have to say "ah here lads".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Griezemann, Lacazette, Giroud, Coman, Mbappe... he could certainly go in over Fakir or Thauvin but that is a ridiculously deep bunch France have up front (and around most of the field at that!). Payet and Dembele also didn't make the squad.

zerks wrote: »
    City to be investigated now over FFP.I suppose when you throw the GDP of a country at a team every year to try to win trophies then somebody will have to say "ah here lads".
    City to be found guilty.

City to be fined the equivalent of four days wages of one of their top players.

City to repeat.

City to be investigated.

City to be found guilty.

City to be fined the equivalent of four days wages of one of their top players.

City to repeat...

---

They either need to find a stonewall, black and white way of using a FFP type system or just ditch the whole idea altogether. All we've seen in the last several years is transfer inflate during it, and at a much higher level even than they were in the 1990s or 2000s.

zerks wrote: »

Don't think they are being investigated yet though are they? Think it's just LaLiga throwing a hissy fit for Barcelona.

https://twitter.com/robharris/status/904649336092545024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

La Liga should look a bit closer to home if that's what they're investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's not fair why always city why don't they investigate someone else... city are been hard done by... They picking on man city why can't people just all love city.

Bigger than a club indeed, they're actually an entire football league now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To think I used to have a soft spot for Barca before. My shame

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement