Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised by the betting. We're 5th favourites for it.

Real 7/2
    Barca, PSG & Bayern 7/1
    City & United 11/1
    Juve 14
    Chelsea 16
    Athletico & Liverpool 20
    Spurs 40

In fairness, bar Juve and Chelsea who else should be shorter prices than us? We've a handy group that we should by rights go through in first and then a bit of luck in the last 16 and we're away with it.

Impossible to look past Real, and if you managed to get them at anything outside 4/1 it's a great bet.

The real joke is Barca at 7/1 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The real joke is Barca at 7/1 :eek:
    Barca being so heavily tipped has had a knock on effect on Juves odds as they assume it'll be Barca topping the group. Not 100% sure what that's based on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha was shaving this morning and just said ****it, cut myself an Ibrabeard and tache in celebration!

Only walked in the door at work and my mate who sits behind me "oh you bleedin sap"

:D:D:D

TheDoc wrote: »
    haha was shaving this morning and just said ****it, cut myself an Ibrabeard and tache in celebration!

Only walked in the door at work and my mate who sits behind me "oh you bleedin sap"

Throw up an ol' photo there good man.

For research purposes, I swear. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ticket sorted for the Basel game and flights booked last night, prices now after shoooooooting up.

Can't wait to hear the Champions League choon in OT again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

No good without the ponytail.

paulbok wrote: »
    No good without the ponytail.

I know, think that is the line if I cross the OH walks out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I love shaving and creating styles to see what they look like.

The trick is to create said style and admire it for a few mintues in the bath room then shave it off before anyone can see it because they usually look silly. From my Wolverine look, to my Hulk Hogan tache and even my Craig David drawn on beard look, all fun to play around with.

If I went in your direction and strolle dinto work, Im sure my little Hitler taches wouldnt go down well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Manchester United Premier League squad numbers 2017/18:

1 David de Gea

2 Victor Lindelof

3 Eric Bailly

4 Phil Jones

5 Marcos Rojo

6 Paul Pogba

8 Juan Mata

9 Romelu Lukaku

10 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

11 Anthony Martial

12 Chris Smalling

14 Jesse Lingard

15 Andreas

16 Michael Carrick

17 Daley Blind

18 Ashley Young

19 Marcus Rashford

20 Sergio Romero

21 Ander Herrera

22 Henrikh Mkhitaryan

23 Luke Shaw

25 Antonio Valencia

27 Marouane Fellaini

31 Nemanja Matić

36 Matteo Darmian

38 Axel Tuanzebe

40 Joel Pereira

45 Kieran O’Hara

This was released last night don't think I'm zerking it... Only changes I think are zlatan a Andreas Pereira it was also announced that he will wear the name Andreas on back of his shirt.

Kieran O'Hara also in at number 45 wouldn't expect to see him near a match day squad anytime soon he has 3 keepers ahead of him.

Got the nose and all :P

IQ15yfdm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol good man Doc. All you're missing is the Pony.

^^Ibra official

All he needs is a Utd jersey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Has a sportsstars bmi and all. Uncanny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

#15 for Andreas Pereira, I know he did very well in preseason but players often get a look in there then nothing bar a tiny handful of meaningless minutes over the season (EFL Cup, 6th CL game if through, 5 mins at home against bottom feeders etc), though seems with that number we might be seeing a fair bit of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I love shaving and creating styles to see what they look like.

The trick is to create said style and admire it for a few mintues in the bath room then shave it off before anyone can see it because they usually look silly. From my Wolverine look, to my Hulk Hogan tache and even my Craig David drawn on beard look, all fun to play around with.

If I went in your direction and strolle dinto work, Im sure my little Hitler taches wouldnt go down well.

One of my mates does this, shaved one half of his face before and called himself Halfbeard, Marvel's newest villain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Manchester United Premier League squad numbers 2017/18:

1 David de Gea

2 Victor Lindelof

3 Eric Bailly

4 Phil Jones

5 Marcos Rojo

6 Paul Pogba

8 Juan Mata

9 Romelu Lukaku

10 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

11 Anthony Martial

12 Chris Smalling

14 Jesse Lingard

15 Andreas

16 Michael Carrick

17 Daley Blind

18 Ashley Young

19 Marcus Rashford

20 Sergio Romero

21 Ander Herrera

22 Henrikh Mkhitaryan

23 Luke Shaw

25 Antonio Valencia

27 Marouane Fellaini

31 Nemanja Matić

36 Matteo Darmian

38 Axel Tuanzebe

40 Joel Pereira

45 Kieran O’Hara

This was released last night don't think I'm zerking it... Only changes I think are zlatan a Andreas Pereira it was also announced that he will wear the name Andreas on back of his shirt.

Kieran O'Hara also in at number 45 wouldn't expect to see him near a match day squad anytime soon he has 3 keepers ahead of him.

No7 awaits the arrival of Griezmann i would imagine

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    No7 awaits the arrival of Griezmann i would imagine

Shock end of transfer window Memphis buyback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Castles saying Thomas Lemar want's a move to Utd over Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That will go lovely alongside his PL player of the year for this season.

#wasteofmoney

#lookathishaircut

#allhecaresaboutistwitter

#cantdoitinbiggames

#lethimgoforfreethenspent8billionbringinghimback

#canyoudecipherthesehashtags

#docsbeard

#upthera

:D

^You forgot #nothingplayerbill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Who would blame him

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Who would blame him

Alex Shaw must be the most biased journalists operating in terms of his club support
    Reading Arsenal fans behaving and acting like the UEFA cup draw is beneath them, been a waste of space in the Champions League for years

haha roasted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I'm not saying that what he said there isn't true, but does Castles ever say anything negative about Jose or his team? I follow him and he's so far up Mourinhos ass it's quite creepy. Apparently he was the same in Mourinho Chelsea days.

I'm not saying that what he said there isn't true, but does Castles ever say anything negative about Jose or his team? I follow him and he's so far up Mourinhos ass it's quite creepy. Apparently he was the same in Mourinho Chelsea days.

Oh he's a known Jose lick arse, but he's also been spot on with some of his predictions / sources of info over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He is mates with Mendes, he's his mouthpiece, and Jose is a client so he won't report anything against Mendes clients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Surely Miki deserved that. Thought Zlatan was better than Pogba too.

Anyways well done . I think he is going to shine in Europe this year

• Advertisement

Paul Merson is claiming United are worse off after signing Zlatan.
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Man Utd better, quicker and have title hopes without ace - Paul Merson
    MANCHESTER UNITED have a greater chance of winning the Premier League title WITHOUT playing Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/639975/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Manchester-United-better-quicker-title-hopes-Paul-Merson-Transfer-News

He has a close relationship with Mourinho. Sometimes it happens where a journalist becomes basically a friend, and there is an agreement of sorts to basically be the managers front in the media.

It's somewhat compromising some journalistic integrity, but the payoff, especially when its a top manager, is floods of jobs offers since you are going to have a flood of exclusives.

It's typically taken(and within the UK media/journalistic circles itself) that when Castles reports something about Jose, it's likely him getting information or detail directly from Jose himself.

He actually isn't well regarded in the UK journalist pen for what is such an obvious disregard for integrity.

Other examples are Hunter with Barcalona (such a close relationship he was invited into the inner circle of the club to write a book) and Ballague with Madrid.

They typically won't report negatively on the clubs because they have such a privileged relationship so it's no use referencing them for opinion pieces since it will be pure biased(and don't be shocked to see the drafts go to the clubs or managers before their own editors) but they can be good shouts for "inner workings" and information.

Employed for the dribble fanbase who believe foreign players and managers have ruined the premier league, have ancient views that hold no water in the modern game but still get cycled.

If he wasn't so stupid, and become a household/viewer favourite on Soccer Saturday for being thick, he'd have been dropped ages ago.

You can actually see Le Tiss and Nicholas wince visibly now at him and Thompson when they trot out their anti-foreign agendas.

That panel needs freshening up I think, I've gone off it totally the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Employed for the dribble fanbase who believe foreign players and managers have ruined the premier league, have ancient views that hold no water in the modern game but still get cycled.

If he wasn't so stupid, and become a household/viewer favourite on Soccer Saturday for being thick, he'd have been dropped ages ago.

You can actually see Le Tiss and Nicholas wince visibly now at him and Thompson when they trot out their anti-foreign agendas.

That panel needs freshening up I think, I've gone off it totally the last two seasons.

I read dailystar.co.uk and Paul Merson, nuff' said

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bit of a Today I Learned moment. Turns out that Conor McGregor is a Manchester United supporter.
    If Conor McGregor beats Floyd Mayweather on Saturday night in Las Vegas, the boyhood Manchester United fan will perhaps owe a small debt of gratitude to Manchester City.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/41046772

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting Lemar would be brilliant, and after Wenger said he wasn't available for sale would be icing on the cake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I'd tend to agree....we look a different team so far this year with Lukaku in the central striker role rather than Zlatan.

Zlatan will always get his share of goals but the team as a whole will be so much better with RL. It's the pace and the threat in behind, it makes so much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting Lemar would be brilliant, and after Wenger said he wasn't available for sale would be icing on the cake :P

Dont think wenger said that. Didnt monaco even say if any club met there valuation he would be sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If we shoehorn Zlatan into the side, it will be poor for the side, imo. I can only hope he is being brought into the squad as backup to Lukaku and as a plan B option.

A change to accomodate both him and Lukaku in the side is one that I think we be poor for us overall.

Still, we'll see in time, I suppose.

He could be an excellent 'Larsson' like addition to the squad - along with adding a mentality and drive the squad lacks without him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ericzeking wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree....we look a different team so far this year with Lukaku in the central striker role rather than Zlatan.

Zlatan will always get his share of goals but the team as a whole will be so much better with RL. It's the pace and the threat in behind, it makes so much of a difference.

Or more likely you have Matic in midfield allowing the rest of the midfielders to attack rather than sitting deeper
    The pace has always been there, its now the midfield allows Pogba do his job rather than someone elses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

lol at the last two hashtags there.

#docsbeard needs to become a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Leicester, Stoke (after the international break) & Basel are United's next 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dembele to Barca for an initial 97m plus 38m in ad-ons if the numbers reported are to be believed. Liverpool rejected 118m for Coutinho. Mourinho was spot on when he said last Summer that Pogba would turn out to not be expensive in relative terms and that the record would be broken multiple times the following Summer.

It's crazy at start of summer we predicted griezman and mbappe to break record but not 100 million but fuk sake 200 million neymar and dembelle a player that was signed for a tenth of his fee a year ago.

I honestly think Barca are desperate now no way is he worth half of that even in inflated window.

#pogbargain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Off topic I know, but heading on a stage at the end of next month and we are going for a ****e shirt night out, anyone have a good site, found one site with some truly awful ones but it's hit and miss with size and delivery time,

And before the jokes start pouring in no opposition jerseys mentioned please haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's crazy at start of summer we predicted griezman and mbappe to break record but not 100 million but fuk sake 200 million neymar and dembelle a player that was signed for a tenth of his fee a year ago.

I honestly think Barca are desperate now no way is he worth half of that even in inflated window.

#pogbargain

They were prepared to spend 120m+ on Coutinho too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I dont think Zlatan will want to come back and step on anyone's toes. Himself and Jose must of had a sit down and said he'd be second fiddle to Lukaku.
    There's so many games this year with the Pleague, Champions league and FA Cup.
    With Lukaku firing on all cylinders, Jose isnt stupid to change it up just cause Zlatan is back.
    He's been recovering at carrington so he's still close with the lads but having him in that dressing room before a game will be immense, even if he doesnt start. He's a proper inspiration in there id say.
    Says alot about the guy when you go from 350k down to 135k a week. Clearly has unfinished buisness here
    We were short last season on strikers and i thoght we might be again this season but with Zlatan back we have an even better squad depth.

All being said, cant wait to see him in a utd jersey again.

They were prepared to spend 120m+ on Coutinho too.

That's why I think they are desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I dont think Zlatan will want to come back and step on anyone's toes. Himself and Jose must of had a sit down and said he'd be second fiddle to Lukaku.
    There's so many games this year with the Pleague, Champions league and FA Cup.
    With Lukaku firing on all cylinders, Jose isnt stupid to change it up just cause Zlatan is back.
    He's been recovering at carrington so he's still close with the lads but having him in that dressing room before a game will be immense, even if he doesnt start. He's a proper inspiration in there id say.
    Says alot about the guy when you go from 350k down to 135k a week. Clearly has unfinished buisness here
    We were short last season on strikers and i thoght we might be again this season but with Zlatan back we have an even better squad depth.

All being said, cant wait to see him in a utd jersey again.

I could not for a single second see Zlatan happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to anyone. He could have gone to any number of clubs and been the main man.
    He'll be bucking for a starting slot every single game. And rightly so.
    As long as Mourinho handles his presence in the dressing room the right way, he'll be of huge benefit to the young strikers around him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement