Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

This one has 0-0 written all over it imo.

Remember 2 or 3 seasons ago Utd went to Stoke and got played off the park. Hopefully no repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A decent two nil after a frustrating first fifty. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The Saturday evening games are BT sport ain't they?

With regards the match, Hughes likes to try play football and this will play directly into our hands. Probably a couple of counter attack goals for A 2/3-0 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

astradave wrote: »
    Don't think Jesé is injured either.. where the fook do you get your information from :pac:

Zerks?

Stokes results this year are...

Everton A lost 1 nil
    Arsenal H won 1 nil
    West Brom A Drew one each

Hardly the most impressive start. Beating arsenal at home was good but arsenal are an absolute shambles so I wouldn't read into that too much. We should win this with a goal to spare.

The Saturday evening games are BT sport ain't they?

With regards the match, Hughes likes to try play football and this will play directly into our hands. Probably a couple of counter attack goals for A 2/3-0 win

They had 22 percent possession against arsenal. While I don't expect us to have as much as arsenal had we'll dominate them and pin them back. They will be hard to break through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    A decent two nil after a frustrating first fifty. Keep the faith.

I'd take it. All those happy clappy early results don't mean shit if we drop points in this one. The team needs to keep playing well and picking up points consistently for 10/15 games before they can truly believe they are over the struggles of last season, slipping up now will bring all those frustrating draws right back into their psyche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Turkey's voting for Christmas - how I see the Pl clubs voting to bring the transfer deadline to before the season starts. Voting to put themselves at a massive disadvantage to Europe, and before all teams will have the yearly budget confirmed (CL qualification). Insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stoke's cup final on Saturday. They are game raisers when it comes to playing United,they could lose every other game but throw their bodies and souls into any fixture against us.

• Advertisement

Good man Zlatan.

"I never left,I just upgraded my number".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

zerks wrote: »
    Stoke's cup final on Saturday. They are game raisers when it comes to playing United,they could lose every other game but throw their bodies and souls into any fixture against us.

Thats not really true. Going back to 09/10 season we have played them 16 times in the EPL. Lost 2 and Drawn 4. 10 Wins.

The Losses and Draws are pretty recent which I would put down to us being crap rather than them somehow playing well above themselves.

Hopefully MU are back playing at the required standard that SFA maintained and over the rubbish of the last few years. Play like that and history shows there is little they can really do apart from frustrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

DLDL, recent form at Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Balls to BT Sport.

I can't get the useless Eir app to work on my phone, I think it's because I've a UK mobile and they always geo block it.

Plus I'm on holiday at the minute. Wouldn't be arsed sitting in a bar for it. Sky would have been perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

J. Marston wrote: »
    DLDL, recent form at Stoke.

Badly owe them a beating.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Balls to BT Sport.

I can't get the useless Eir app to work on my phone, I think it's because I've a UK mobile and they always geo block it.

Plus I'm on holiday at the minute. Wouldn't be arsed sitting in a bar for it. Sky would have been perfect.

If you have an android, mobdro the **** outta that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Dropped 4 points against Stoke last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lucky not to drop 6.

I'm strangely optimistic about this weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Balls to BT Sport.

For Android, the play store is linked to an account. The account is linked to a region, rather than being geo blocked by IP. The bad news is that changing the geo the account is linked to is not as quick as saying changing from "UK" to "Ireland" in a dropdown adding an address, installing the app straight away and changing back again, but you should be able to get it sorted.

If you don't need the app and can say, watch it directly off the website or whatever but need to be in the correct region, there are many options that won't take effort.

Other countries have excellent legit streaming services available that the UK&I will never have due to TV deals.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Lucky not to drop 6.

I'm strangely optimistic about this weekend though.

We really weren't luck not to drop 6. We were desperately unlucky in the game at Old Trafford not to win. They equalized with a jammy goal after 83 minutes and it was one of those games we should have had 4 or 5.

FULL-TIME STATS
    Possession: United 67% Stoke 33%
    Shots at goal: United 24 Stoke 7
    Shots on target: United 9 Stoke 6
    Corners: United 13 Stoke 2

We were lucky enough at Stoke I suppose, but we were desperately unlucky to be behind at all with a deflected goal off Mata and we absolutely battered them the whole game to no avail.

FULL-TIME STATS
    Possession: United 65% Stoke 35%
    Shots at goal: United 25 Stoke 8
    Shots on target: United 6 Stoke 1
    Corners: United 7 Stoke 1

I know two bad draws and a memorable late goal can trick people into thinking we were lucky to get anything, but the truth is that Stoke got two poxy goals and we battered them the rest of the games. Stats like those above this weekend and we win comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

We were poor away to Stoke and barely threatened to win the game. The stats flatter us in both of those games.

• Advertisement

Yeah, "lucky to drop 6" might not give the clearest picture of the game at old trafford but we barely deserved the draw in the reverse fixture. And there's definitely an element of luck when you get a last minute winner in a game where you've created very few clear cut chances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Espn saying us and City voted against the transfer window shortening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Espn saying us and City voted against the transfer window shortening.

AFAIK Utd, City, Swansea, Watford and Palace voted against and Burnley abstained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

So will it be Rashford or Martial this week. I'd go with Rashford and put Martial if it's not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

AFAIK Utd, City, Swansea, Watford and Palace voted against and Burnley abstained.

It's a bad idea imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Am I doing this right?

Ye satanist shower of *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Charlie19 wrote: »

Am I doing this right?

Ye satanist shower of *****

No your a pool fan your just meant to shout 5times ;););)

jayo26 wrote: »
    No your a pool fan your just meant to shout 5times ;););)

Speaking of them, in the morning papers Wenger is claiming they tapped Oxelaide Chamberlaine up.Do they never learn?

Speaking of them, in the morning papers Wenger is claiming they tapped Oxelaide Chamberlaine up.Do they never learn?

Wenger should be rejoicing that he got rid of that for thirty five million. Makes Andy Carroll look a bargain.

Of course they tapped him up, like every single player is tapped up, probably talked to him though instead of his agent before being given permission like what happened with VVD.. really think it's just sour grapes from Wenger, he obviously like the lad and didn't want to sell him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tapping up happens with all players.

Harsh lesson for Klopp but that's what he gets for sending Snapchats of himself to VVD while wearing a Kenny Dalglish onesie.

It's very odd that there's a rule in place to prevent tapping up yet in reality most transfers are initiated by getting some sort of acknowledgement from the players representatives before proceeding to negotiate with the club.

A player can only be tapped up if he is contacted directly by another club but in today's world with agents and advisors that rule is so outdated.

20 Years ago if a player had an advisor more then likely that advisor would of only deal with one or two players at the most now you can go to agents and they have contact with multiple 10s of players it's too easy to discuss a move without talking to a player to make tapping up stupid.

The difference in what klopp did I imagine is instead of discussing playing details with a third party he wanted to get an idea of what vvd was like personally without permission which is of course against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Always interesting the first game back after an international break. I find they are some of the toughest to call at times.

Be a big confidence boost to start back where we left off.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Always interesting the first game back after an international break. I find they are some of the toughest to call at times.

Be a big confidence boost to start back where we left off.

One big plus is the international games were done and dusted by Tuesday night so the players weren't arriving back late to the club.Another thing is no injuries were reported, even Jones managed not to get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bangkok wrote: »
    Its brilliant!!! :)

"This does not fuc*ing slip now"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Slippy g

That was a soft yellow :(

Soccer-_Player-_Flicks-_Ball-_Into-_Players-_Face-_Afte.gif

Not a soft yellow, more a taking a yellow for the team situation :D

Not a soft yellow, more a taking a yellow for the team situation :D

Yea i SLIPPED up, wont do it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

May i enquire why it was a yellow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You're not allowed to hurt the footballers feeling by calling them names.

Sliggy G, Fat Frank, Man ****ty, Chelski etc. are all banned. Basically anything that is used to rile up supporters of that club or player.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You're not allowed to hurt the footballers feeling by calling them names.

Sliggy G, Fat Frank, Man ****ty, Chelski etc. are all banned. Basically anything that is used to rile up supporters of that club or player.

Who is sliggy g? :)

So moving on... what are we expecting for team selection the weekend? I reckon we might use 2 runners either side of Mkhi. Rashford on the right and Martial on the left but with them changing sides every so often to mix it up.

So moving on... what are we expecting for team selection the weekend? I reckon we might use 2 runners either side of Mkhi. Rashford on the right and Martial on the left but with them changing sides every so often to mix it up.

When did Valencia get back from friendlies? He usually is late back I thought maybe we might so some change there other then that I can't see much been changed unless he has an eye on Tuesday night.

One big plus is the international games were done and dusted by Tuesday night so the players weren't arriving back late to the club.Another thing is no injuries were reported, even Jones managed not to get hurt.

Shhh! Don't jinx it!

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

Same team as played in first 3 games i would imagine with martial starting on the left, mata on the right, rashford to come on 60mins and score a winner in 85th min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think we might see Herrera back in the mf with Pogba and Matic.

Mata dropped and Miki pushed wider.

adox wrote: »
    I think we might see Herrera back in the mf with Pogba and Matic.

Mata dropped and Miki pushed wider.

I'm a huge Herrera fan but I do not want to see Miki pushed wider.

He's be phenomenal in the more central role and should continue to play there in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Same starting line up as last time out and I'd be happy.

Shaw to come on after an hour and provide an assist for big Rom's hat trick goal.

:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder will we get a front three of Lukaku with Martial and Rashford either side of him at some point. Feels prtobably a better line up against the bigger teams, for counter attacking. But Mata ha, sadly, been the least impressive of the attacking unit so far.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement