Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A lot of the cloggers are gone out of that Stoke team so at least they won't try to kick us off the park.Shawcross and Zouma doubts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

There is no chance that Mhkitaryan plays anywhere other than #10 like has has all season.

The only decisions Jose has are Martial v Rashford and Darmian v Tony V in my opinion. And the Tony V question is just given how far he travels for Ecuador.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    There is no chance that Mhkitaryan plays anywhere other than #10 like has has all season.

The only decisions Jose has are Martial v Rashford and Darmian v Tony V in my opinion. And the Tony V question is just given how far he travels for Ecuador.

I'd argue, Rashford on first and Martial as the impact sub. Think Martial seems to be capable of more damage off the bench especially when Rashford has tendancy to run defenders ragged.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm a huge Herrera fan but I do not want to see Miki pushed wider.

He's be phenomenal in the more central role and should continue to play there in my opinion.

Funny thing is Miki hasn't even been at his best but the goals and assists already speak for themselves. He needs to stay where he is in a sustainable run. I said it last season I'm still convinced he's one of our most exciting players and arguably one of the best #10s in Europe. So much potential still but needs to be played in his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    When did Valencia get back from friendlies? He usually is late back I thought maybe we might so some change there other then that I can't see much been changed unless he has an eye on Tuesday night.

He played on Tuesday with Equador so I presume he would be back late yesterday. Dunno if that is enough time. Maybe Darmian will start. He had a good international with Italy even though they lost to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I expect to see the same lineout against Stoke. There is no reason to change with the form the team was in, and a good lot of the players keeping that form up away on int duty.

Stoke are still a ****e midrift team, so we shouldn't be overly changing players or tactics worrying about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

nwbENhA.jpg

Found this on Reddit. It's very encouraging when you see the squad in picture format like that. Well... for my simple brain it is.

I also note it's missing the younger lads who were called up to the Champions League squad. McTominay in midfield, Pereira in goal and Wilson up front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MagicIRL wrote: »
    nwbENhA.jpg

Found this on Reddit. It's very encouraging when you see the squad in picture format like that. Well... for my simple brain it is.

I also note it's missing the younger lads who were called up to the Champions League squad. McTominay in midfield, Pereira in goal and Wilson up front.

Disapointing to see we have no cover for jose. Def should have tried to get someone before the window closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

bangkok wrote: »
    Disapointing to see we have no cover for jose. Def should have tried to get someone before the window closed.

fergie can always pull a scholes and come out of retirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm a huge Herrera fan but I do not want to see Miki pushed wider.

He's be phenomenal in the more central role and should continue to play there in my opinion.

Oh I agree, hes been much more influential centrally assists wise etc. I`m just speculating on what I think Jose may pick for the match, not what Id like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Martin Edwards says United turned down the chance to sign Zidane as they believed it would have upset Cantona, and in hindsight it was a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Makes a pleasant change from our players getting embroiled with saggy granny brassers tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/906209526537388032

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/906209941437992961

Just turned on, but commentators seem to think Shaw is Centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

M!Ck^ wrote: »

"Back of the net"

• Advertisement

Just turned it on now. Is he playing on the left of a back 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

astradave wrote: »
    Just turned it on now. Is he playing on the left of a back 3?

Seems that way, though hard to watch as my coverage kept ****ing up.

Got so bad that I turned off.

Managed to see utd concede from two direct free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hello! I arrived in Kuwait safe and sound but I was pretty ill for the first 24 hours. All good now. I won't get to see the game tomorrow unfortunately as we have more training.
    We really should be beating Stoke though.

Seems that way, though hard to watch as my coverage kept ****ing up.

Got so bad that I turned off.

Managed to see utd concede from two direct free kicks.

Keeper at fault for first one and the Wall broke up completely and didn't jump for second. 2 mistakes really, Shaw has been grand from what I have watched. Breaking up play nicely and his positioning has been great

Edit: United miss a sitter from 2 yards

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hello! I arrived in Kuwait safe and sound but I was pretty ill for the first 24 hours. All good now. I won't get to see the game tomorrow unfortunately as we have more training.

Glad you got there safe and sound, will probably take your body a while to get used to the climate and the food.

Wilson looks like he's injured again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

astradave wrote: »
    Glad you got there safe and sound, will probably take your body a while to get used to the climate and the food.

It was dehydration that got me and that started halfway through the flight here. God I was dying. It was like being hungover without the fun of the drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote:
    It was dehydration that got me and that started halfway through the flight here. God I was dying. It was like being hungover without the fun of the drink.

Take care chicken
    We're all waiting on ye to get back to us fellow fans and watch games

Will Jose go with this lineup v Stoke?

DJHF_FbUQAAjqwU-768x568.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Mars Bar wrote: »

You on a break or moving there? Good luck either way.

On another matter, watching Phil Neville on the debate and I have to say that he's so much better in this format than on MOTD. Speaking honestly and with insightful comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

RobertKK wrote: »
    Martin Edwards says United turned down the chance to sign Zidane as they believed it would have upset Cantona, and in hindsight it was a mistake.

Rubbish talk,it was cantona who recommeded zidane to ferguson when zidane was at bordeaux i think it was at the time.

I wouldnt swap king eric for zidane or anybody.eric 7 changed united and started them on there success story and helped with the fergie fledgings.ooh ahh cantonaaaaaaaa 7 the king.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    You on a break or moving there? Good luck either way.

On another matter, watching Phil Neville on the debate and I have to say that he's so much better in this format than on MOTD. Speaking honestly and with insightful comments.

Marsey got herself a job coaching with Juventus' academy!

Not jealous.

Not at all.

Nosireebob.

bassy wrote: »
    Rubbish talk,it was cantona who recommeded zidane to ferguson when zidane was at bordeaux i think it was at the time.

I wouldnt swap king eric for zidane or anybody.eric 7 changed united and started them on there success story and helped with the fergie fledgings.ooh ahh cantonaaaaaaaa 7 the king.

Weeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll raise a drink a drink a drink, for Eric the king the king the king.....

bassy wrote: »

The main point Edwards was making was that Le King retired a year later so they missed out on a worldie in the making for not much reason.

Lads if any of you have a full membership on redcafe can you shoot me a pm. I'm looking to get a post from an old thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

The main point Edwards was making was that Le King retired a year later so they missed out on a worldie in the making for not much reason.

Aye if you believe all that sounds like paper talk.......

Could have signed ronaldiho to..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Would be very pleased with 3 points today. Record last few seasons away to them is very poor.

Great to have football back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-put-head-noose-11137764.amp

Van Gaal has been chatting to The Mirror

Van Gaal, who has previously refused to comment over his sacking, said: “United put my head in a noose and I was publicly placed on the gallows.

“The pressure was enormous with my head in the noose and they went right behind my back.

“I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

“I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January."

He's damned lucky he was there from Christmas on....useless ould git!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Delboy5 wrote: »
    “I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January."

He's damned lucky he was there from Christmas on....useless ould git!

Thats what stuns me about what he is saying. There's no other "big" club that would have tolerated that turgid first half of the season. He was extremely lucky that we gave him the full season to pull things back.

Tbh he's a headcase, I'm more surprised that it has taken him this long to say anything.. thought he would have been across the back pages days after been sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How can your head be put in a noose without you knowing about it? He said there was enormous pressure because of that, but also that he didn't know about it. Maybe it's a weird translation I don't know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You got to love carragher..

"United are top but Liverpool should be up there watford scored a late goal"

Sorry Jamie bit that's the way it goes if you don't out score your opponent you don't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sorry Jamie bit that's the way it goes if you don't out score your opponent you don't win.

Expecting goalfest here. Two of the best attacks against two of the wonkiest defences.

Based on his logic we should have won the league last year

pjohnson wrote: »
    Expecting goalfest here. Two of the best attacks against two of the wonkiest defences.

Torn between wanting a draw and a liverpool win

Liverpool win is probably best for our title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He is such a dope it's unbelievable. Second rate footballer second rate pundit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

limnam wrote: »
    Torn between wanting a draw and a liverpool win

Liverpool win is probably best for our title challenge.

Same really. Hard to know which way it needs to go.

yabadabado wrote: »
    He is such a dope it's unbelievable. Second rate footballer second rate pundit.

Other teams not playing fair against Liverpool again,scoring goals and defending against them.They should be allowed play Arsenal every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Should be a good game this. I'd say a draw is the best result for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    Other teams not playing fair against Liverpool again,scoring goals and defending against them.They should be allowed play Arsenal every week.

It's a disgrace really and I'd hope something is done about it .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement