Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Pogba has been disappointing again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bailey falls asleep a gain

He really hasn't again

Having been so frustrated watch stoke do this since Danny Murphy get a goal and shut these noisy fans up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Does Mark Hughes ever shut the **** up?

Stoke gonna nick this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hate them so much, always gets a result off us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Lukaku misses a sitter. If it was Rashford this place would be in meltdown

Muck

Come on there's still time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's depressing. Defence was dreadful for both goals, and Lukaku should have scored that chance near the end :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really annoyed but this should be a bloody catalyst for starting Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very disappointing. Both centre halves let us down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

God I detest stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feck off Stoke. Pests

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

What in the fcuk was Phil Jones at?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Two errors costing us three points.

Was happy with the subs, we showed a desire to win the game. Top of the league.

Get well soon Fellaini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Positive we came from behind big disappointment was the defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fcuking hate playing Stoke. Disappointing result but nothing to worry about at this stage of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

With 10 minutes to go I would have taken the draw.

Sloppy performance overall. Really two awful goals to concede. Both cbs awful for the goals. Having said that, the two goals Stoke conceded were brutal too.

Pogba fleeted in and out of the game. It's the sort of game where we really need him to shine. Hopefully that will come as the season goes on.

Valencia is such a contradiction. He's our biggest threat out wide yet you just know he isn't going to deliver.

Miki again disappointing imo. Despite his impressive stats this season I think his overall performances have been hugely underwhelming. Looses possession so easily. Thought Lukaku was a mixed bag. Herrera a little underwhelming. Matic decent.

Save if the season so far from big Dave. Possibly save of the season already. World class. Not many keepers would save that.

You sort of feel there was two points left behind there and we should have been winning that fixture but I'm content enough with the point after watching the performance. It wasn't terrible but it was underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Two errors costing us three points.

Was happy with the subs, we showed a desire to win the game. Top of the league.

2 points

Also while it was refreshing to see a game with no cards, how Fletcher went the 90 minutes without getting a card was mystifying. A serial fouler the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thinking of all the trouble he had , it's great to see fletcher playing well for another club. I remember it looked like he might have to retire.

Asides from that, can you do it at stoke on a poxy day?! Nope. First test failed... Not a disaster but dissapointing. I only text a friend before the game saying the defence is an issue. Remember DDG also made an amazing save!

Still think they will improve as they go on and still think they are favourites for the league. Pool looked the better team until the ref handed the game to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

adox wrote: »
    Also while it was refreshing to see a game with no cards, how Fletcher went the 90 minutes without getting a card was mystifying. A serial fouler the whole game.
    Made 5 fouls. Pogba made 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

With 10 minutes to go I would have taken the draw.

Sloppy performance overall. Really two awful goals to concede. Both cbs awful for the goals. Having said that, the two goals Stoke conceded were brutal too.

Pogba fleeted in and out of the game. It's the sort of game where we really need him to shine. Hopefully that will come as the season goes on.

Valencia is such a contradiction. He's our biggest threat out wide yet you just know he isn't going to deliver.

Miki again disappointing imo. Despite his impressive stats this season I think his overall performances have been hugely underwhelming. Looses possession so easily. Thought Lukaku was a mixed bag. Herrera a little underwhelming. Matic decent.

Save if the season so far from big Dave. Possibly save of the season already. World class. Not many keepers would save that.

You sort of feel there was two points left behind there and we should have been winning that fixture but I'm content enough with the point after watching the performance. It wasn't terrible but it was underwhelming.
    Agree 100% with all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Which means he simply isn't a threat. Is that a contradiction? Irony? Or is it just not good enough?

There are no bonus points for getting into good pitch position so I don't really get why people are so content with valencia and his heroic efforts running up and down the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Which means he simply isn't a threat. Is that a contradiction? Irony? Or is it just not good enough?

There are no bonus points for getting into good pitch position so I don't really get why people are so content with valencia and his heroic efforts running up and down the right hand side.

In ffairness he left that chance on a plate for Lukaku.
    2 centre halfs were **** and Lukaku misses a sitter. They are the reasons we didn't win the game. Valencia is not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Couple of mistakes at the back cost us today. Stoke had there moments but for most part where happy to keep basically there whole team behind the ball which is annoying as **** but seems to be one of our massive downfalls these days.

Pogba needs to take these kinds of games and make them his own. Hes had a good start to the season but its days like this when you really need a player to pop up and make a difference where he will be judged ultimately by everyone when comparing him to the best.

All i know is ****ing hate playing Stoke really have become a pain in the arse for us over last few seasons.

A lot of giving out about Valencia but on the other side i think Darmian played great. Really dug in won the ball and brought it forward a fair few times for us which was very nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

2 points

I meant it cost us all three points, not clear enough it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hello! I arrived in Kuwait safe and sound but I was pretty ill for the first 24 hours. All good now. I won't get to see the game tomorrow unfortunately as we have more training.
    We really should be beating Stoke though.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Today was a game made for Ibra, i'll be happy when he's back for that option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

nobody commenting on darmian ? seemed to be out of position the whole game today and just a liability, offered nothing going forward from what i seen.

i could be wrong because was in pub etc but didnt seem at the races at all, left back is a big hole we need to fix and blind and darmian are not the answers, dont think shaw is either should of been sorted out in the summer.

overall obvious frustrating performance fcuk stoke and fcuk the brittania will celebrate and get pissed when they finally get relegated.

chips1234 wrote: »
    nobody commenting on darmian ? seemed to be out of position the whole game today and just a liability, offered nothing going forward from what i seen.

i could be wrong because was in pub etc but didnt seem at the races at all, left back is a big hole we need to fix and blind and darmian are not the answers, dont think shaw is either should of been sorted out in the summer.

overall obvious frustrating performance fcuk stoke and fcuk the brittania will celebrate and get pissed when they finally get relegated.

He literally created the second goal by winning the ball and driving the counter attack forward.

Well if you want to check my posting history you will see I've been consistently critical of Valencia.

What I meant by contradiction is to the observer really. You watch the game dear develop and see the most space and best attacking opportunities co.jng down our right, only to realize that it's Valencia and be more likely than not won't deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well if you want to check my posting history you will see I've been consistently critical of Valencia.

What I meant by contradiction is to the observer really. You watch the game dear develop and see the most space and best attacking opportunities co.jng down our right, only to realize that it's Valencia and be more likely than not won't deliver.

He gets into the space and positions that any attacker would love to be in yet constantly does a little dance over the ball before passing the buck to somebody else. The only time he seems to cross the ball is when he has no other option. People will point to his stats yet in fairness somebody who gets as much space on the wing should be contributing something assists wise as a bare minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What do you mean again today??

He has just won man utd player of the month for august and has been class for us. Probably the best player in the league this season so far

bangkok wrote: »

He has just won man utd player of the month for august and has been class for us. Probably the best player in the league this season so far

Dude, he's not even the best midfield at your club.

bangkok wrote: »

This is the sort of stuff that drives people nuts, you know. The unnessecary hyperbole just weakens your stance right off the bat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He literally created the second goal by winning the ball and driving the counter attack forward.

like i said i could be wrong, so hold my hand up, maybe i think he could of done more, anyways disappointing result not a disaster in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dude, he's not even the best midfield at your club.

Well that's just not true. I don't know where he was at today but he has been absolutely class the first 3 games. Almost like changing shape from something that's been working very well was a mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pogba played some lovely passes today he was probably the only one of our midfield that looked to great something Ander had one nice pass I think maybe he did have more but he also had chances to create going forward plenty of times and he delayed and took the easy option.

Yes pogba gave ball away twice I think but it was defensive mistakes that lost us that game even lukaku missing he should of put it away but it shouldn't of mattered of we defended properly.

These are games that happens in the season it's a draw the encouraging thing to take out of it from last year is we broke them down and acored twice but unforunatly we conceded twice too but it's something to work on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Matic was a bit loose with some of his passing compared to previous games yet his desire to win the ball back really shone through. Look at the 2nd goal,he lost the ball cheaply on Stokes 18 yard line yet tracked back all the way until Darmian won the ball back from Allen who did the opposite of Matic and turned his back on the ball and waved his hands in the air.10 seconds or so later we scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Valencia as first choice RB and seemingly one of the first names on the team-sheet is why I think United will ultimately fall short this season.

Look at all the other contenders' full-backs. Mendy a constant threat today, Davies with an assist and absolutely nailing down the position at Spurs. Kolasinac the same at Arsenal. Alonso more or less a FF revelation.

Now I know those mentioned above are part of different systems/tactics and what not, and most of them play as (left) wing-backs, but Valencia is meant to be United's best option at FB, and out wide as a whole, yet fails miserably at the creative side of things when compared to his peers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Valencia as first choice RB and seemingly one of the first names on the team-sheet is why I think United will ultimately fall short this season.

Look at all the other contenders' full-backs. Mendy a constant threat today, Davies with an assist and absolutely nailing down the position at Spurs. Kolasinac the same at Arsenal. Alonso more or less a FF revelation.

Now I know those mentioned above are part of different systems/tactics and what not, and most of them play as (left) wing-backs, but Valencia is meant to be United's best option at FB, and out wide as a whole, yet fails miserably at the creative side of things when compared to his peers.

all of our options at left back have shown themselves to be worse at the position than Valencia - and we still have big concerns at CB. Valencia won't be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Disappointing result, shame our CBs made 2 silly mistakes which cost us big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Disappointing result, shame our CBs made 2 silly mistakes which cost us big time.

Can't help but think if we subbed Bailly after getting his knock, that goal wouldn't have gone in. Then again Smalling would have came on and given a pen away instead.

So are Smalling and Lindelof going to start in CL next week? Tuesday yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I'm hoping it was the international break that dampened the performance. The midifeld and forwards didn't seem to be in sync to the same level as before. Or maybe it was the new introduction of Ander into it. I'm confident things will improve as we get more games under the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nalz wrote: »
    Can't help but think if we subbed Bailly after getting his knock, that goal wouldn't have gone in. Then again Smalling would have came on and given a pen away instead.

So are Smalling and Lindelof going to start in CL next week? Tuesday yeah?

Yah Jose said it after the game Donno how I feel about them coming in with no game time at all but can't be avoided now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement