Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Are we expecting a full team against Basil? Or do you think he'll rest a few players?

(I just realized we get to hear the CL music again on Tuesday :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jones and Bailly suspended Fellaini maybe still out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Are we expecting a full team against Basil? Or do you think he'll rest a few players?

(I just realized we get to hear the CL music again on Tuesday :D)

I'd say a very strong team. Bailly and Jones obviously missing. I'd expect the likes of Pogba Lukaku etc to start.

It's taken enough effort to get back into th competition. No room for complacency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is Kew back from 1983 (sorry,Stoke) yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote: »
    Is Kew back from 1983 (sorry,Stoke) yet?

Don't you mean Swansea zerks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Off topic question lads

Does any of you have Eir sports mobile only? Is the app any use or dodgy? Can you cast your phone to chromecast okay with it on? If you get only the mobile option I think they disable the casting.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

But can they do it on a cold September's day in Stoke?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nalz wrote: »
    Off topic question lads

Does any of you have Eir sports mobile only? Is the app any use or dodgy? Can you cast your phone to chromecast okay with it on? If you get only the mobile option I think they disable the casting.

Thanks!

Iv trying using the app a few times over the last few months and all i get is error messages. Tried using a iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think jones needs a rest for a while, both goals he didn't have a clue what he was doing and looked like a complete numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Disappointing to see jose didnt shake hands with sparky after the game yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Iv been impressed with Fosu-mensah's passing so far. Seems to be well able to pick a pass be it long or short.

brinty wrote: »
    Don't you mean Swansea zerks.....

He said he was headed to Stoke too,I wonder if they had their Munich flags out this time to greet him.A weird bunch who see us as one of their main rivals.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Poor TFM. Playing well but this Palace side are awful. De Boer hasn't a foggiest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Disappointing to see jose didnt shake hands with sparky after the game yesterday.

Hughes was acting the maggot earlier in the game, and told Jose to **** off at one point, shoving him in the process. So yeah, can't say I have an issue with Jose's response.

Meanwhile, Fellaini is on Twitter calling BS on a Daily Mail story saying Rooneys drink driving girl also had an encounter with him.

Rashford closing in on Rooney's scoring record as a teen.

Since making his Premier League debut in February 2016, the 19-year-old has 12 goals to his name and now needs four more to break a record held by Wayne Rooney.

As Opta explain, Rooney scored 15 league goals for Man United as a teenager, but Rashford has six games to at least equal that before he turns 20 on 31 October.

17 September: Everton (home)

23 September: Southampton (away)

30 September: Crystal Palace (home)

14 October: Liverpool (away)

21 October: Huddersfield (away)

28 October: Tottenham (home)

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/manchester-united-fc-news-rashford-just-three-premier-league-goals-behind-rooney-record#qSAiSDpQy7CeODrH.99

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hughes was acting the maggot earlier in the game, and told Jose to **** off at one point, shoving him in the process. So yeah, can't say I have an issue with Jose's response.

Meanwhile, Fellaini is on Twitter calling BS on a Daily Mail story saying Rooneys drink driving girl also had an encounter with him.

No matter what happens on the line, manager should always shake hands after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

No matter what happens on the line, manager should always shake hands after the game

Not really. Every one is entitled to shake hands or snub. WHy should Jose shake hands with some guy who told him to **** off and tried to get him sent off to stands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why? Why should there be a forced sign of respect for someone who was a d1ck?

Why shouldn't someone maintain personal autonomy at the end of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Mark Hughes is a cantankerous man and if The situation was reversed you can be sure he wouldn't be running over to shake Jose's hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not really. Every one is entitled to shake hands or snub. WHy should Jose shake hands with some guy who told him to **** off and tried to get him sent off to stands?
    Why? Why should there be a forced sign of respect for someone who was a d1ck?

Why shouldn't someone maintain personal autonomy at the end of the game?

You making it sound like your manager is a saint on the sideline and has never done anything similar on the line. Its called respect and to show a bit of maturity at the end of the game. I bet Jose would be all over the papers if someone refused to shake his hand. I wonder did you say the same when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No they shouldn't.Personal choice and I see no problem if managers don't shake hands with each other.

Probably be a meal made out of this now because it's Jose but I liked the way he made a point of shaking all the other staffs hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You making it sound like your manager is a saint on the sideline and has never done anything similar on the line. Its called respect and to show a bit of maturity at the end of the game. I bet Jose would be all over the papers if someone refused to shake his hand. I wonder did you say the same when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand

Yeah compare Mane's kung fu kick to elbows, Jose not shaking hand with Suarez incident which had Racial history and lot of drama.

Also what Jose did in the past doesn't matter, I was talking about yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wonder did you say the same when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand

This hand?

evra_1715584a.jpg

No one has said Jose is a saint and he does ****ty things at times.Because it's on the sideline does it excuse Hughes for being a complete dickhead earlier in the game?

Why you bringing up Saurez and Evra totally different situation.Stupid comparison.

yabadabado wrote: »
    No one has said Jose is a saint and he does ****ty things at times.Because it's on the sideline does it excuse Hughes for being a complete dickhead earlier in the game?

Why you bringing up Saurez and Evra totally different situation.Stupid comparison.

I brought up the Evra one because the poster said anyone has a choice tto shake a hand and I offered a comparison I will agree it was not the best and I should have searched for a better one but it done

Yes I think a hand shake at the end of a match should be done by managers as a mark of respect as in good game its over lets move on

This hand?

evra_1715584a.jpg

With Suarez biting record it be the other way round probably:p

Suarez did so cause he was racist. Not the same.

At no point did I say Jose was a Saint - but if he doesn't like someone and has issues with him he should not be forced to shake tat persons hand.

Should Evra have been forced to shake Suarez hand? Should Rio or Anton Ferdinand be forced to shake Terry's hand.

Yes, hand shake is a matter of respect. Respect is earned, not given by default.

• Advertisement

Yeah compare Mane's kung fu kick to elbows, Jose not shaking hand with Suarez incident which had Racial history and lot of drama.

Bull crap. So if I do or say something today and do the exact opposite in a bit I should not be call out on it or is it just Jose history we should just forget

Yes I think a hand shake at the end of a match should be done by managers as a mark of respect as in good game its over lets move on

If everything goes as it normally does Yeah - but if someone feels their counterpart has overstepped a mark why should that handshake be forced? If Hughes said something racist should Jose still be forced to shake? If there isn't actual respect between people what's the point of an empty gesture?

??????????????????????????????????????????????

I brought up the Evra one because the poster said anyone has a choice tto shake a hand and I offered a comparison I will agree it was not the best and I should have searched for a better one but it done

Jose didn't shake Hughes hand 20 minutes after they were arguing.Saurez wouldn't shake Evras hand months after Suarez racially abused him.Evra was willing to let it go but .There is no comparison at all in those situations.
    Trying to get a bit of one upmanship with your post just makes you look silly.

If everything goes as it normally does Yeah - but if someone feels their counterpart has overstepped a mark why should that handshake be forced? If Hughes said something racist should Jose still be forced to shake? If there isn't actual respect between people what's the point of an empty gesture?

Its to show it is just a game. Hughes told him to F$%^K O£$ nothing else if that was the limit of not shaking hands very few player or managers would shake hands

Jose didn't shake Hughes hand 20 minutes after they were arguing.Saurez wouldn't shake Evras hand months after Suarez racially abused him.Evra was willing to let it go but .There is no comparison at all in those situations.
    Trying to get a bit of one upmanship with your post just makes you look silly.

I will not go in to the Evra thing as it old news and I should never have brought it up. They argued over something on the pitch for crying out loud and Hughes said F$%K O$% according to the papers that happens in many many matches and other managers and mature enough to just to shake hands at the end of the match of a sign of good battle. I bet if Utd had won he would have had no problem

• Advertisement

You won't do into the Evra thing yet brought it up originally.It has made you look silly and I'm not surprised you want to now move on.Comparing both situations was down right stupid.

You have absolutely no idea what Jose would have done if United had won.Dig up ffs.

No point shaking hands if it's just an empty gesture .Respect is earned.

Its to show it is just a game. Hughes told him to F$%^K O£$ nothing else if that was the limit of not shaking hands very few player or managers would shake hands

Who are you to demand people act to your requirements though? Why are you demanding people ignore their own feelings in any given situation?

Yes, the hand shake thing is a nice 'games over' thing, but if someone feels the action of another went beyond acceptable behavior they should have the right to not interact with that person.

You won't do into the Evra thing yet brought it up originally.It has made you look silly and I'm not surprised you want to now move on.Comparing both situations was down right stupid.

You have absolutely no idea what Jose would have done if United had won.Dig up ffs.

No point shaking hands if it's just an empty gesture .Respect is earned.

I agree with that and said as much in another post bringing up Evra and Suarez was a stupid and dumb thing for me to do I have no issue with admitting that.

No idea what you mean by dig up ffs. We will not agree on the shaking of hands so we will leave it there.

Who are you to demand people act to your requirements though? Why are you demanding people ignore their own feelings in any given situation?

Yes, the hand shake thing is a nice 'games over' thing, but if someone feels the action of another went beyond acceptable behavior they should have the right to not interact with that person.

I am not demanding it I am giving my opinion it should be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hughes told him to **** off, pushed him and tried to get him sent to the stands.

Not getting a handshake was the least he deserved.

The rest about Jose being dug up is pure whataboutery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

adox wrote: »
    Hughes told him to **** off, pushed him and tried to get him sent to the stands.

Not getting a handshake was the least he deserved.

The rest about Jose being dug up is pure whataboutery.

Was Hughes wound up or did Jose do something?

Hococop wrote: »

I think it was over a tackle by Martial, turns out he didn't even touch Zouma who merely went over on his ankle himself.

Hococop wrote: »

Jose went into the stoke technical area where he was not meant to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm sensing a bit of tension...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jose went into the stoke technical area where he was not meant to go

Ahh stop Bangkok if your going to stick to the rules sure they ain't ment to leave the tech area but every manager does it every game.

From what I seen Jose wasn't happy with Hughes having a go at the official about the challenge by martial so Jose went in to have his say to which Hughes said **** off and shoved him in my opinion Jose has every right to ignore him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

They're like a pack of 12 year olds, if you had 12 year olds in the class you're teaching or team you're coaching acting as petty you'd tell them to grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How much were we going to pay for that lad at Swansea?

Had a shocker today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Big feature interview with Jose in the Sunday Times if anyone has access. Says the club stopped evolving after SAF & Lukaku & Matic were important because they know what he wants.

://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/10/manchester-city-dogged-by-the-new-neighbours

A great read from The Title: The Story of the First Division by Scott Murray.

Discodog wrote: »
    Big feature interview with Jose in the Sunday Times if anyone has access. Says the club stopped evolving after SAF & Lukaku & Matic were important because they know what he wants.

This one?

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/906786211070693376

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement