Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I assume as I missed all the talk yesterday that how poor Bailly and Jones were? Bailly was very bad in my eyes, some really poor moments and lapses of concentration.

A point away to Stoke isn't the worst result but I do think its a game we should have been winning, team looked lethargic, could be the international break, not sure but not a great showing for the 3 man midfield system anyway.

Lukaku missed a great chance to win it of course, but that will happen. All players miss chances, two goals away from home to a mid table team should be enough.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im only in door from match so bit hungover.(well very)

Not read thread I think the concensus in here will be about the bad defending for both Goals. Bailly and Jones were poor enough I thought.

I just want mention something from game that might went a miss and got nothing to do with the game but the antics of a former United Legend and now manager of Stoke Mark Hughes. Maybe cause he was right down my eyeline but he was a petulant little bollix yesterday with some of the carry on. At United its pretty much impossible to be hated if your former player(bar Ince) well join the Club Mr Hughes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

That was really poor, but not surprising or unexpected, form from the Manchester United manger yesterday. Hughes is a Manchester United legend. The current manager is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

doc_17 wrote: »
    That was really poor, but not surprising or unexpected, form from the Manchester United manger yesterday. Hughes is a Manchester United legend. The current manager is not.
    Just because Hughes is a United legend doesn't give him a free pass.

Why is it really poor by Jose ? Would you shake someone's hand after they acted the prick with you for the sake of it.

I assume as I missed all the talk yesterday that how poor Bailly and Jones were? Bailly was very bad in my eyes, some really poor moments and lapses of concentration.

A point away to Stoke isn't the worst result but I do think its a game we should have been winning, team looked lethargic, could be the international break, not sure but not a great showing for the 3 man midfield system anyway.

Lukaku missed a great chance to win it of course, but that will happen. All players miss chances, two goals away from home to a mid table team should be enough.

Taking Miki Ryan out of position was a mistake IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

Hughes is a knob and has been for a long time.taught he was the cream as city manger and the lined up pellegrini while he was still in charge (sweet :) )

Ferguson had problems with hughes as a player also,so for the ones who think hughes is a nice fella and a red legend ye right.

Jose was correct and hughes showed himself for what he is a envious knob and manager at the pinnacle if hes superb managerial career bottom tier...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think this is a case of what happens when a former player becomes a relatively successful manager and gets positive results against their old side.

Yeah he's an arsehole at times but so was Fergie and so is Jose.

I'm sure people around here would rather he was a nice guy like Bruce, getting stuffed 4-0 every time he plays against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bull crap. So if I do or say something today and do the exact opposite in a bit I should not be call out on it or is it just Jose history we should just forget

Did he have any history with Hughes? We are talking about today's incident which has nothing to do with his past and someone else.

Looks like you are Liverpool fan, so can see obsession with talking about past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think this is a case of what happens when a former player becomes a relatively successful manager and gets positive results against their old side.

Yeah he's an arsehole at times but so was Fergie and so is Jose.

I'm sure people around here would rather he was a nice guy like Bruce, getting stuffed 4-0 every time he plays against us.

No it's a case of people slating our manager for not shaking someone's hand while ignoring the fact he shoved him and told him to **** off ECT.

If it was the other way around people would be shouting for Jose to be punished not one person here wants Hughes punished not one person said it either.

The only people that are making an issue about it are the ones looking for a stick to beat our current manager not people that have an issue with Hughes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    The only people that are making an issue about it are the ones looking for a stick to beat our current manager

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think it'll take a few weeks to determine how good/bad a result that was.

Stoke put in a decent performance and you could say a 'draw' was a fair result. Going forward it'll be interesting to see if Stoke can continue to play at that level or whether we simply under performed at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nalz wrote: »
    Off topic question lads

Does any of you have Eir sports mobile only? Is the app any use or dodgy? Can you cast your phone to chromecast okay with it on? If you get only the mobile option I think they disable the casting.

Thanks!

Watched the Stoke game on saturday through a mobile APP and chromecast. Was out with the gang from work and thats how I got the match in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Hughes told him to **** off, pushed him and tried to get him sent to the stands.

Not getting a handshake was the least he deserved.

The rest about Jose being dug up is pure whataboutery.

Agreed.

The "forced" handshakes prematch and post match are one of the cringiest things to come into football. Removes the genuine moments of display of respect between opponents. It's all diluted now. Hughes is an arsehole in the dugout, be near time someone stitches him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sometimes I wonder whether or not José does this sort of thing to draw attention to himself and off his players?

Either way, I'm sure he goes back to his hotel room and...

comment_W4a5F56g9ZaqeZbf4H2v7f40cG0nWGlO.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

doc_17 wrote: »

He wasn't pushed and told to f**k off?!
    Jose's actions are completely justified!!

If it was pep or Klopp there wouldn't have been a word said about it ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bennyl10 wrote: »

If it was pep or Klopp there wouldn't have been a word said about it ffs!

Thats because they have far bigger problems to worry about. If this non-event is all that people have to latch onto then I'll consider that a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

de Boer sacked. Have to worry for TFM now. What was meant to be a great move for him but now massive question marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

pjohnson wrote: »
    de Boer sacked. Have to worry for TFM now. What was meant to be a great move for him but now massive question marks.

Throwing a 19 year old player who only has a handful of league appearances at right back into your team at CB is a risky move. Watched a bit of palace so far and he's not looked very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Liam O wrote: »
    Throwing a 19 year old player who only has a handful of league appearances at right back into your team at CB is a risky move. Watched a bit of palace so far and he's not looked very good.

I thought he himself looked good but around him wasnt very helpful. Now they will be going into relegation battle mode where himself (and Loftus Cheek) will see sweet F all games. Hope it doesn't turn into an equivalent of Rossi's Newcastle loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hodgson in as replacement,the one good thing for TFM is that no replacement players can be brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liam O wrote: »

Fosu Mensah wasn't a RB, he was more central player playing many games as CB/DM for reserves. He made his full debut as CB too IIRC.

IMO he looked good for Palace except first few mins against Burnley, I think he will get games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I thought he himself looked good but around him wasnt very helpful. Now they will be going into relegation battle mode where himself (and Loftus Cheek) will see sweet F all games. Hope it doesn't turn into an equivalent of Rossi's Newcastle loan.

Im sure both fosu mensah and loftus cheek will still get plenty of games. Both have been good in games they have played but the system de boer wanted them to play was crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hughes has been anti united for as long as I can remember him managing. He's burnt all his bridges with me and I wish nothing but bad fortune on him as a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Smalling and lindelof start in the champions league

Centerbacks starting were known for the past month nearly and de gea also plays tomorrow night too.

Centerbacks starting were known for the past month nearly and de gea also plays tomorrow night too.

What side of the bed did you get out of?

JamboMac wrote: »
    What side of the bed did you get out of?

Left side same as always....

I wasn't been short with you or anything I was saying we already knew who was starting in Centerback if I really wanted to cut you I could accuse you of zerking it ;)

Left side same as always....

I wasn't been short with you or anything I was saying we already knew who was starting in Centerback if I really wanted to cut you I could accuse you of zerking it ;)

Pretty sure zerking is the new trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

JamboMac wrote: »
    Pretty sure zerking is the new trend.

Zerking it on purpose.......

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bangkok wrote: »
    Im sure both fosu mensah and loftus cheek will still get plenty of games. Both have been good in games they have played but the system de boer wanted them to play was crazy

I wouldnt say it was that crazy, he just hasnt got the players to play how he wanted. He wasnt given a proper chance. Very little investment in the summer bar Sahko.

Acombination of too many sub par players and bad luck.

TFM played well when I say him in the first two games, and he was solid enough yesterday. Cant see him as United player in the future though

astradave wrote: »
    Zerking it on purpose.......

giphy.gif

Consider me the rolling ticker on SSN,if you miss something you can be sure it'll roll around again.:pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt say it was that crazy, he just hasnt got the players to play how he wanted. He wasnt given a proper chance. Very little investment in the summer bar Sahko.

Acombination of too many sub par players and bad luck.

TFM played well when I say him in the first two games, and he was solid enough yesterday. Cant see him as United player in the future though

But that was my point, you said it yourself, he had too many sub par players and he was trying to play a possession game when it was never going to work.

Rojo took part in training today with the first team. Doubt it was full contact but good to see him around the team again already all wee need is zlatan back training with the team to some extent too I'd imagine he will give them all a big lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Read a few aslrticles about matic since joining us. Must say his attitude is superb. He brought a strong mentallity to that midfield and40 mil is a bargain.
    The guy just seems level headed is just well grounded

Should be winning tomorrow night to get the ball rolling. Hopefully get back to winning ways. Good to be back where Club should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

What about De Gea's save at the weekend? Not enough appreciation for it in here.

Incredibly lucky to have him. That fax machine should be in a glass case, and have its own special area in the Man United museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Irish94 wrote: »
    What about De Gea's save at the weekend? Not enough appreciation for it in here.

Incredibly lucky to have him. That fax machine should be in a glass case, and have its own special area in the Man United museum.

I think the fact that they scored from the corner straight after the save took away a bit of the spotlight on him.

But nonetheless this has got to be up there with some of his best saves in his career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Did he need to jump?

Did he need to jump?

He did exactly what he had to do. World class

Did he need to jump?

It's a natural reaction that a goalkeeper has as they are taught to do that from a very early age.

I still do it when the misses throws plates at me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

There's huge importance in Pogba being the creative presence in that system. Last season a lot of posters were willing to give him a pass now that we have Matic he'll simply have to perform this is probably the system will play away vs the top 6.

• Advertisement

CL match thread needs extra love, no pressure zerks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    CL match thread needs extra love, no pressure zerks

He'll start it on friday ;)
    God bless zerks

I feel I missed something..either that or I need more coffee....(Edit* NM got it :P)

Anyway, on this day two years ago...

Tony Martial put Liverpool to the sword...never forget :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I feel I missed something..either that or I need more coffee....

Anyway, on this day two years ago...

Tony Martial put Liverpool to the sword...never forget :)

That was funny when Pool lads got so angry about Tyler Commentary of the goal. Fun times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

#neverforget

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement