Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Never seen Lemar play but going off few clips he looks like he has explosive pace and gets goals! Dunno what his assists are like tho and essentially we need crosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I could not for a single second see Zlatan happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to anyone. He could have gone to any number of clubs and been the main man.
    He'll be bucking for a starting slot every single game. And rightly so.
    As long as Mourinho handles his presence in the dressing room the right way, he'll be of huge benefit to the young strikers around him.

Never thought he would take a pay cut either but seemingly he is only on 120k a week. Hopefully whatever role he is playing it will help the team I really don't think Jose is unaware of pitfalls of using him wrong way at the expense of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I could not for a single second see Zlatan happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to anyone. He could have gone to any number of clubs and been the main man.
    As long as Mourinho handles his presence in the dressing room the right way, he'll be of huge benefit to the young strikers around him.

Plenty of games this season for everyone, Wheel Zlatan out for FA Cup, League cup and EPL games against the smaller teams like Brighton/Palace/Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If he likes it or not he might have to wait for his spot. I seriously doubt Mourinho is going to change it up just to suit him. Its pretty ideal anyway as they both bring different dynamics to the front line. The guy is a professional so cant see him kicking up a storm and bringing disharmony to the dressing room as he'll only be ready for half of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

AidoEirE wrote: »
    If he likes it or not he might have to wait for his spot. I seriously doubt Mourinho is going to change it up just to suit him. Its pretty ideal anyway as they both bring different dynamics to the front line. The guy is a professional so cant see him kicking up a storm and bringing disharmony tn the dressing room as he'll only be ready for half of the season

Ibra isn't back until December/January at the earliest. We're only a couple of games in and Lukaku hasn't had a bad start, but if goes 4 or 5 games without contributing, people will quickly wonder if he's going to work out or not for Lukaku.

Who knows what's going to happen with form/fitness, but having him around the club that is a good influence for the younger guys is really a no-brainer. If Lukaku continues to fire and we've to keep the guy who scored 28 goals last season on the bench, then how bad. I just Mourinho can manage the situation for at least the second half of the season. Plenty of games to go around and even with the best will in the world, a guy in his mid 30s shouldn't be playing every single week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,500 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wouldn't say he wants to sit on the bench, but I would say he is probably realistic about things and knows this is a good situation for him to be in.

He is still coming back from a very serious injury at the age of 35 and he has been given a contract by one of the world very biggest clubs. He knows he brings something to the team that the other players at the club don't and as such that he will be an option in certain games regardless of the form of others. And perhaps most importantly he knows that something is happening at United again that he could be a big part of. None of the other big clubs want him but its only a few months since United helped him lift the Uefa cup, play this role and he could easily be lifting more trophies in the very near future. What else is he going to do, scratch about in China or the US? No, coming back to United for a squad role makes good sense for him as well as us.

What I can't figure out is when he will be fit to play, how the hell can he be considered an option any time soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

scudzilla wrote: »
    Plenty of games this season for everyone, Wheel Zlatan out for FA Cup, League cup and EPL games against the smaller teams like Brighton/Palace/Liverpool

Lukaku hasn't proved himself against big teams. Granted he was at Everton but the main thing I'm hoping he can bring is goals against bottom 13 sides. Zlatan will hopefully come in and take the pressure off him in some important games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Ibrahimovic Full Interview on Manchester United Return
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgVvhkDavv8

Liam O wrote: »
    Lukaku hasn't proved himself against big teams. Granted he was at Everton but the main thing I'm hoping he can bring is goals against bottom 13 sides. Zlatan will hopefully come in and take the pressure off him in some important games.

Tbf Lukaku hasn't played with a big team. I hear that alot about not scoring agaisnt the big sides.
    He's in a big side now so we'll see at the end of the season if its true

Tbf Lukaku hasn't played with a big team. I hear that alot about not scoring agaisnt the big sides.
    He's in a big side now so we'll see at the end of the season if its true

They don't get much bigger then scoring against madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Looks like Fabinho is going to end up at PSG....thought he would have being an excellent signing for Utd as an eventual replacement for Valencia at rb and also offering cover for defensive midfield role.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

@sistoney67: Jose: "Everyone knows I wud like 4th player Don't think I'm going to have. Next summer I try to get player for position to make us stronger"

Out of curiosity, if we were going to spend say 150m + on a player, who would ye pick?

Out of curiosity, if we were going to spend say 150m + on a player, who would ye pick?

Neymar probably not any other players in the world at his age and talent... that don't mean i think he is worth it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ronaldo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ignoring the fact they probably wouldn't want to come.

Sanchez and Bale, rather than one player.

bangkok wrote: »
    Ronaldo.

Yikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neymar or Griezmann

Also I think we should say a big best of luck to Mars Bar who is heading off to the middle east as a coach with Juve soccer schools..

Have a blast and don't forget to check in with updates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »
    Also I think we should say a big best of luck to Mars Bar who is heading off to the middle east as a coach with Juve soccer schools..

Have a blast and don't forget to check in with updates :D

Seriously? Sounds like a great job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Seriously? Sounds like a great job!

Yup! Exciting and terrifying in equal measure.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Congratulations mars you have all the knowledge you gained from boards.ie to draw on and we are always here to advise you on the best course of action :):):)

Was thinking Veratti myself, himself pogba, matic would be a dream midfield

Delighted with second part of jose press conference he says zlatan will be coming into a made team he will possible be behind lukaku and rashford.

Its brilliant to see jose laughing and smiling and just looks likes he's enjoying his job again. He was a miareable lad for a few years. With utd just trusting him with his players, in's/out's he looks the old jose enjoying it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All the Juve heads over there seeing Mars Bar in United gear. Forever Red :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »

She'll be getting Mama Mia's galore.

Shaw played 90 minutes for u23 tonight valuable minutes for him but lost 3 nill to spurs tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Mars Bar wrote: »

Best of luck with it Mars Bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Must keep an eye on Griezman this season . I think he made bad decision to remain at AM .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Must keep an eye on Griezman this season . I think he made bad decision to remain at AM .

Don't bother with their next 2 games anyway. He made a tit of himself last week and is suspended for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Speaking of Griezmann/Atletico, not a bad outcome with the Champions League draw. They got Chelsea and Roma. It won't be easy for any team to get out of that group.

If Atletico were to get knocked out of the Champions League in the group stage and Costa can be signed in Janurary, you'd have to think it increasing the chances of Utd bringing in Griezmann before next summer. Could be a huge player to have for the second half of the season in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zerks wrote: »

I might get away with the United gear but I've been told to leave the Roma jersey at home! :D

https://twitter.com/skysportspaulg/status/901398841311809536

Looks like Aurier is definitely Spurs bound,medical done,waiting on work permit (outcome of trial)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Makes sense Spurs screaming out for depth. Wouldnt rule out them sniffing after Rashford/Martial again if Janssen heads to Palace.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Makes sense Spurs screaming out for depth. Wouldnt rule out them sniffing after Rashford/Martial again if Janssen heads to Palace.

Unless they have over £100 million for each they needn't bother even asking.

Wonder why nothing had been posted for two hours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno how pep gets away with the constant abusing officials.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wonder why nothing had been posted for two hours....

No one wants to be the one

Dunno how pep gets away with the constant abusing officials.

He is unreal to be honest absolute moaner.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is unreal to be honest absolute moaner.

Fair play to Eddie Howe not taking his ****e and telling him to get back in his box :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh piss fúcking off.

Ah, that's a sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

F8ck sake

Thats why its best to say nada till it ends.

Sterling should be off surely?

Edit: Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That's jammy right there ha. Ah well every team gets that at some stage over the season.

That was cruel on Bournemouth but ****ing hell city were awful shaky at back.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That was cruel on Bournemouth but ****ing hell city were awful shaky at back.

Pep needs another 100m for defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,715 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Plus side, the big teams should be confident of beating this city team

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement