Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Happy for the Fellaini dislikers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    How are we looking for center back suspensions I think Jones is back next game and Bailey has one more to go?

Bailly back next game, he missed the Europa final, super cup and this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Is there a competition that Rashford hasn't scored on his debut in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Oh yeh my bad forgot he missed the final That's good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Graeme has to still talk ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why the **** do I have to see Souness commentating on utd

And ****ing Gerrard on BT then

ffs

Is it bad i turned on to tv3 just to see old souness slate United haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Blind has been very good. I'm a fan of his. Also I think Fellaini is probably one of the most likely he will ever get rid off. Unfortunately for Bangkok.

im happy fellaini played well, mourinho likes that type of player. good for the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Filthy from Mkhitarayan

https://twitter.com/UnitedPeoplesTV/status/907707951053504513
    Mkhitaryan with a filthy nutmeg ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Disappointed with Mkhitaryan tonight, plenty of quality dribbling but some awful passing from a player of such ability technically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fellaini showing Pogba up.

Far more influential on games than the €100mill man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Said it in the match thread but

Sousness is a joke, talking **** about pogba after 15-20mins of play with 1 clip. Piss off

The guy is a fkin joke, lad beside him is no better either. G'wan and talk up celtic after they got hammered 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pure delighted with that game apart from the pogba injury. Hopefully nothing too major and it was more of a precaution but you could see him miss a few games.

Great to get back to a comfortable win after the bad result at the weekend. Should be confident going into the Everton game and hopefully they'll be the opposite. Everton have a game away in Italy on Thurs night too. Really need to beat them to keep top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is there a competition that Rashford hasn't scored on his debut in?

Lineker just listed them. Not in the FA Cup they think.

Mkhi could nutmeg a mermaid!

Jayop wrote: »
    Pure delighted with that game apart from the pogba injury. Hopefully nothing too major and it was more of a precaution but you could see him miss a few games.

Great to get back to a comfortable win after the bad result at the weekend. Should be confident going into the Everton game and hopefully they'll be the opposite. Everton have a game away in Italy on Thurs night too. Really need to beat them to keep top of the league.

Will be interesting to see how they line up on Thursday, they don't have the best of squads and i wonder if Koeman will take it seriously or play the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

How are we looking for center back suspensions I think Jones is back next game and Bailey has one more to go?

Bailly's should be done too. Finals, Super cup, first group game, so that's 3 games done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I transferred Pogba into my FPL team on Sunday. It's like voodoo for any players I select. Pogba, injury. Mane, red card. Salah, flu. Loftus Cheek, injury. Kane, sh*te in August. Dummett, injury.

Time to get Aguero, De Bryne, Gabriel Jesus, Morata & Hazard!

astradave wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how they line up on Thursday, they don't have the best of squads and i wonder if Koeman will take it seriously or play the kids

We're playing Sunday right? I'd imagine he'll have to play a weakened squad and they have no depth with all the injuries they have. They have 4 games in ten days too with a league cup game on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

I'm Young's biggest fan tonight. To start and play a game like that after god knows how long, he did very very well. Did his job at the back and whipped in some brillant crosses. Brillant attitude for the club

v3ttel wrote: »
    I transferred Pogba into my FPL team on Sunday. It's like voodoo for any players I select. Pogba, injury. Mane, red card. Salah, flu. Loftus Cheek, injury. Kane, sh*te in August. Dummett, injury.

Time to get Aguero, De Bryne, Gabriel Jesus, Morata & Hazard!

Stop picking united players ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/ViasportFotball/status/907713633446227969

United a bit behind Europe's top 5/6 clubs according to Jose. Fair comment

https://twitter.com/ViasportFotball/status/907713633446227969

United a bit behind Europe's top 5/6 clubs according to Jose. Fair comment

If he was to say anything else he'd be a laughing stock. We have to be honest, were improving but not that rapidly. Real,Barca Munich etc. are streets ahead.

If he was to say anything else he'd be a laughing stock. We have to be honest, were improving but not that rapidly. Real,Barca Munich etc. are streets ahead.

Not sure about munich to be honest, barca not the team they were either. Not saying were all better but those teams are not what they were. Juve and Psg id put up there

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Not sure about munich to be honest, barca not the team they were either. Not saying were all better but those teams are not what they were. Juve and Psg id put up there

Juve and PSG there for sure along with Atletico. Easy 7 or 8 teams a step above us regards Champions league for me. Quarter final or semi final are realistic aims for us but if we did miraculously win it id be delighted to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I wouldn't fear any side in the Champions League bar Real Madrid perhaps.

Juve and PSG there for sure along with Atletico. Easy 7 or 8 teams a step above us regards Champions league for me. Quarter final or semi final are realistic aims for us but if we did miraculously win it id be delighted to be wrong.

Dont think we'll win it but like you said,were going to be challenging, id have city up there with us.
    The teams look a lot more beatable though with this squad

I wouldn't fear any side in the Champions League bar Real Madrid perhaps.

Heart ruling head I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Three Spanish, one French, one Italian, one German. Six sides, wouldn't put anyone else in that group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Said it in the match thread but

Sousness is a joke, talking **** about pogba after 15-20mins of play with 1 clip. Piss off

The guy is a fkin joke, lad beside him is no better either. G'wan and talk up celtic after they got hammered 5-0

There is a reason he is known as Sourness.

I love listening to him when we win tbh.

He is loath to say anything good about us so when he has to it's through gritted teeth.

Delightful viewing.

There is a reason he is known as Sourness.

I love listening to him when we win tbh.

He is loath to say anything good about us so when he has to it's through gritted teeth.

Delightful viewing.

Its the nitty picky i need to find a clip so i can slate them **** he does
    At least the boys on bt, lampard and gerrard literally talk or try to talk neutrally. Listening to sousness now he's just a sour ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Heart ruling head I suspect.

No.

No.

Ok

Three Spanish, one French, one Italian, one German. Six sides, wouldn't put anyone else in that group.

I give Chelsea a huge chance, I think in the league we'll do better (think well win with Chelsea 2nd r 3rd)but a cup competition could be perfect for them. Napoli could be another outsider to keep an eye on.

• Advertisement

Its the nitty picky i need to find a clip so i can slate them **** he does
    At least the boys on bt, lampard and gerrard literally talk or try to talk neutrally. Listening to sousness now he's just a sour ****er

I actually like lampard he is one if the best of them from the recent batch of players to finish up the career and go into punditry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It looks like it's a year where one of a number of teams can win it. United may be able to beat anyone on their day but trying to put a run of 3 big performances in a row towards the end of the season is too big an ask imo. So I wouldn't fear a single team any more than I have in the past.

Wouldn't even think about who can win it until March injuries and transfers make massive differences right now we are far off but who knows.

For the CL realistically I wouldn't fear any team we can meet until the quarters unless we're very unlucky with the draw providing we win the group like we should do. We beat them easy tonight.

If we could win the next two games which are both away then we top the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Smalling is so uncomfortable in the left centre back position its almost painful to watch, other then the Pogba injury it was a pretty handy night. Stroll in the park with some players not even getting close to the level they can play at.

CSKA winning is a nice bonus too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just watching the highlights now, great cross for Fellaini to score from Young.Makes a change from Valencia dancing over the ball,passing it back or smashing it into a defender's shins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good win and job done. A worry about Pogba hopefully nothing too serious

Good win and job done. A worry about Pogba hopefully nothing too serious

Yea raging tbh, but no point rushing him back now, give him the 2/3 weeks he needs to recover fully.

b76c09bce1a078224df0e6b59d18456c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would have absolutely no complaints if Young started at the weekend. What a performance from him last night.

Ashley youngs crossing has always been one of his best attributes, but lets be honest here, basel were awful and valencia is a much better player

bangkok wrote: »
    Ashley youngs crossing has always been one of his best attributes, but lets be honest here, basel were awful and valencia is a much better player

To what extent? Not that different IMO and both looked to have been converted from wingers to wing backs.

1: Fitness- Yes I would say Tony V over Young.
    2: Workrate? Argument to be made for both.
    3: Final Delivery? I'd Argue Young is better.
    4: Pace / technical / dribble? Argument to be made for both.
    5: Shooting ability: I'd argue Young.

Speaking of workrates Lukaku was unreal last night he never stops running to close down defenders on the ball he was been slated for been lazy last year with Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Speaking of workrates Lukaku was unreal last night he never stops running to close down defenders on the ball he was been slated for been lazy last year with Everton.

lazy flat-track bully, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Young was quite underrated here given all the clamour for a FB. Offensively Young is better than Valencia but I'd give Valencia the edge defensively for sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement