Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »

also on the fellaini thing......

This is simply not true. I don't want to keep the Fellaini thing going with you as it's been done to death but, even for you I'm surprised you would try and paint a narrative like that as to what you posted in the past.

At least have the balls to stand by your words or admit you were wrong. Trying to rewrite your own history is cringe worthy.

Anway I'll let you reply away and say no more as I'm sure this is irritating for a lot to read as it has been done to death and I don't want to clog up the thread with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we can all agree on 1 thing

Thank God we dont support Arsenal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oops sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    This is simply not true. I don't want to keep the Fellaini thing going with you as it's been done to death but, even for you I'm surprised you would try and paint a narrative like that as to what you posted in the past.

At least have the balls to stand by your words or admit you were wrong. Trying to rewrite your own history is cringe worthy.

Anway I'll let you reply away and say no more as I'm sure this is irritating for a lot to read as it has been done to death and I don't want to clog up the thread with it.

not trying to re-write any history.

He was useless in his first season. became a laughing stock and was voted in the top 10 worst signings of the season.

in actual fact, he has been crap for most of of his united career but obviously played well in some games. had a run under van gaal for 5-6 games where he was very good. Has done well now under Jose but is still liable to do really stupid things (penalty against everton, red card v city)

only last season got booed by large sections of the old trafford crowd (which was bang out of order) and was recently voted in the top 10 worst man utd signings of the premier league era.

but look, jose likes him, he is doing a good job when called upon so i will give him my full support like the rest of the players in a united shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

crap

Here, have a precis of your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    Going back to the topic of chants for Lukaku, saw someone on Redcafe say that the Falcao chant should be tweaked for him.

I agree, loved that chant.

That was sung at the first game of the season actually. It's very good.

I'm not sure why it has disappeared and has been replaced by that ridiculous one.......that surely won't take off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

not trying to re-write any history.

He was useless in his first season. became a laughing stock and was voted in the top 10 worst signings of the season.

in actual fact, he has been crap for most of of his united career but obviously played well in some games. had a run under van gaal for 5-6 games where he was very good. Has done well now under Jose but is still liable to do really stupid things (penalty against everton, red card v city)

only last season got booed by large sections of the old trafford crowd (which was bang out of order) and was recently voted in the top 10 worst man utd signings of the premier league era.

but look, jose likes him, he is doing a good job when called upon so i will give him my full support like the rest of the players in a united shirt

Jaysus where was that from? Thats ****ing ridiculous

Bangkok used to slate Depay for his ectravagent dress sense and driving of fancy cars so its ironic and hypocritocal him having a go at people over talking about pobgas hair cut.

O couldn't give a fiddlers what they wear or do the their hair once they get the job done on the pitch.

Bangkok used to slate Depay for his ectravagent dress sense and driving of fancy cars so its ironic and hypocritocal him having a go at people over talking about pobgas hair cut.

O couldn't give a fiddlers what they wear or do the their hair once they get the job done on the pitch.

He defied club orders by driving a rolls royce worth quarter of a million to an u21 game, thats where the issue was with depay. I couldnt care what he wore as long as he was doing the business on the field but he wasnt and even his dress sense was causing issues with the national team.

• Advertisement

Oops sorry about that.

No need to be sorry, I still thank god I don't support Arsenal :pac:

Oh and in relation to Matic, I love to say I told you so lads :D

k01MvEK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hate playing late on Sunday. If all the big teams win, then 3 points is just a must.

Sundays are perfect!

Few beers then a nice take away on the way home from the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm 20 and think Dabbing should be an automatic 3 match ban for utter gobshitery. Does this mean I'm an auld one?

No, this means you are hipster and joins the bandwagon very easily. It's just a celebration ffs.

Jayop wrote: »
    It's not rubbish deflection when it's exactly the post on here, in this thread that started this whole conversation.

And of course when you score 2 goals away from home in a notoriously hard place to score goals then it's the defenders who made individual errors that cost us the win that should be taking the heat. Or maybe the striker who missed a sitter at 2-2.

Pogba was very good against Stoke.

Pass to Lukaku 1.18
    Pass to Valencia 1.45
    pass to Lukaku 1.55
    Scored the goal that deflected off Rashford so was given to him 2.50
    Excellent dribble around 2 in midfield and pass forward 3.20
    Excellent pass to Mkhi (I think who was just off) 3.35
    Great pass (can't tell to who) 6.57

Watch the whole video. He made almost 70 passes in that game and there was only one bad one. I'd say about half of them were bringing the team forward. He held the ball up well too.

He did play a little deeper than the first few games but that was because Stoke had 10 men behind the ball almost every time he got it and they are one of the most organised defenses in the league.

So yeah he didn't single handedly win the game for us or dribble round 6 and score a worldie that some people seem to expect before they call it a good performance from him, but he was very very good against Stoke.

Superb posts, shame all the good things Pogba did will be forgotten the moment we get bad results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Superb posts, shame all the good things Pogba did will be forgotten the moment we get bad results.

Ah I don't think they will tbh. Maybe by a couple of fickle United fans or moron pundits / rival fans but anyone with half a brain knows how important a player he is for us.

Everton will be a tough game for us, we have only won 5 of the last 10 against them and drawn 2 however they are on the back of a demoralizing display last night and poor league form.

What odds I wonder on both Rooney and Fell to score against their former clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No, this means you are hipster and joins the bandwagon very easily. It's just a celebration ffs.

Jaysus I've been called auld before but Hipster is a new one for sure certainly more offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I thought a Hipster is someone that goes against the bandwagon? Maybe I'm just not with it these days.

itll-happen-to-you.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sundays are perfect!

Few beers then a nice take away on the way home from the pub

That's the Saturday routine :P

Jaysus I've been called auld before but Hipster is a new one for sure certainly more offensive.

Apologies.

astradave wrote: »
    I thought a Hipster is someone that goes against the bandwagon? Maybe I'm just not with it these days.

itll-happen-to-you.png

You can be hipster and join the bandwagon too like how it started with people started following Dortmund all of a sudden few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You can be hipster and join the bandwagon too like how it started with people started following Dortmund all of a sudden few years back.

Who are Dortmund....
    Its all about Eintracht Frankfurt these days....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah I don't think they will tbh. Maybe by a couple of fickle United fans or moron pundits / rival fans but anyone with half a brain knows how important a player he is for us.

Everton will be a tough game for us, we have only won 5 of the last 10 against them and drawn 2 however they are on the back of a demoralizing display last night and poor league form.

What odds I wonder on both Rooney and Fell to score against their former clubs?

And Lukaku. United to win 2 1 then. ;)

Schneiderlin
    Fellaini
    Rooney
    Lukaku
    Keane

That's 5 players who played for both teams.

****e 3 2 to them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Isn't dabbing part of the bandwagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This is going to a very anorak-ish post, but Sunday marks the tenth year in succession that United have played on All Ireland football final day. Always found it to be an odd coincidence.

Record in that time-frame reads: 4W-1D-4L. Two massive highlights though includes Mickey Owen's last minute winner vs City in 2009, and Berba's hat-trick vs Liverpool a year later. Low points are undoubtedly the 4-1 loss to City in 2013 and last year's 3-1 loss to Watford.

Not one to delve into superstition, but of the three All Ireland finals I have attended in the last ten years (and I have a decent chance of travelling up on Sunday), United won twice (2010,12) but lost to Leicester 5-3 in 2014. And the last two times Mayo have lost, United have too. And United lost in three of the four years Dublin won Sam.

Still though, United to win 2-0, Lukaku and Mkhi with the goals.

In the papers today jose blaming pogba for his injury saying he should not be doing his own private training

JamboMac wrote: »

I think so. Which makes me being part of this bandwagon confusing. I mean do I grow my goatee and have a deconstructed mocha-choca-frappa-kokomo-latte with my vegan homegrown potatoes or not?

Point?
    I think so. Which makes me being part of this bandwagon confusing. I mean do I grow my goatee and have a deconstructed mocha-choca-frappa-kokomo-latte with my vegan homegrown potatoes or not?

Part of "dabbing is red card worthy" bandwagon.

Point?

Part of "dabbing is red card worthy" bandwagon.

I didn't know there was a bandwagon against dabbing.

In the papers today jose blaming pogba for his injury saying he should not be doing his own private training

The Sun... the reports is that he uses a private trainer instead of a club trainer, which if true is ****in ridiculous, the club need to know exactly what he is doing..

I have doubts about it though...

• Advertisement

You know an awful lot about being a hipster...

*Wary eyes*

Are there non vegan potatoes?

Yeah, it's called Goat balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The Sun... the reports is that he uses a private trainer instead of a club trainer, which if true is ****in ridiculous, the club need to know exactly what he is doing..

I have doubts about it though...

Zlatan also has a private trainer don't he? I'm sure there is fek all the club don't know about??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Point?

Do you not see your own contradiction?

Would potatoes that use manure to help them grow not breach the vegan code?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The hell is this thread right now...

Do you not see your own contradiction?

No. There is nothing wrong with dabbing but very much wrong when people judge someone or have problem with people dabbing.

No. There is nothing wrong with dabbing but very much wrong when people judge someone or have problem with people dabbing.

Ok Paul. Dab to you fcuking hearts content if its that important to ya. Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I only dabble with da dabbing.

Edit, sorry, thought you meant babbling.

I'm convinced that's not the real bucketybuck, it's more like a parody twitter account.
    He / she makes me laugh though :D

WTF has Mick done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

WTF has Mick done

Just when ya thought one was bad enough!

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zlatan also has a private trainer don't he? I'm sure there is fek all the club don't know about??

Dunno about Zlatan but the point of the Sun article I think was that he was doing it without the Clubs knowledge.. one of the reason why I doubted it

Just when ya thought one was bad enough!

21d2f2194e7eb6925dac5a428cc518d4398b850316887505b740e8bd0e8ffdd2.jpg

• Advertisement

Dunno about Zlatan but the point of the Sun article I think was that he was doing it without the Clubs knowledge.. one of the reason why I doubted it

So instead of been a lazy youtube footballer he is been accused of working too hard haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Didn't the club specifically hire his trainer from PSG when he signed?

Didn't the club specifically hire his trainer from PSG when he signed?

Well he was zlatan trainer as far as I knew but yeh he was hired by the club.

Maybe there is truth in the pogba thing maybe he was overdoing it I know the likes of depay used to always do gym work and all at home.

Ok Paul. Dab to you fcuking hearts content if its that important to ya. Jaysus.

It's not important to me, I ****ig hate people make big issue for it.

So instead of been a lazy youtube footballer he is been accused of working too hard haha.

There is nothing to write about with the club at the mo so they are like leeches with any little thing.

Another is that Jose was furious with Herrera over him bringing a close friend who had ties to Celta to Carrington before the Europa Semi finals and their relationship has changed because of it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement