Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ok Paul. Dab to you fcuking hearts content if its that important to ya. Jaysus.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My dad(63) dabs with my niece who is 12.. I call it Grandabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No. There is nothing wrong with dabbing but very much wrong when people judge someone or have problem with people dabbing.

Who judged anybody for dabbing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has anyone here been dabbling in dabbing?
    Didn't Bob Marley have a song about it?

What happens if I unthank bucketys post...

Mindblown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What happens if I unthank bucketys post...

Mindblown

You'll break the matrix we are in and cause Bangkok to announce that in his opinion Fellaini should win the Ballon D'Or.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I fking love the champions league music.
    Would potatoes that use manure to help them grow not breach the vegan code?

Human manure??
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    The hell is this thread right now...

Awesome, that's what it is. Fking awesome!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You'll break the matrix we are in and cause Bangkok to announce that in his opinion Fellaini should win the Ballon D'Or.

The Ballon D'Ab

The Ballon D'Ab

This is the trophy...

container_superman-dabbing-superdab-3d-printing-82748.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

JamboMac wrote: »
    Who judged anybody for dabbing?

Nobody has. It's just the new line that's trotted out if you suggest that Pogba had anything less than a stellar game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

on the pogba topic, well written, well i enjoyed it anyway and agree with it

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2017/09/13/red-streak-garth-crooks-pogba-black-players-ucl-injury/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Of all the hoopla regarding Pogba recently, the key phrase in that article Bangkok linked.
    Get over yourselves.

He's a 24 year old, course he'll do silly things that will no doubt get on people's nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm going over for the match, was thinking of going to the supporters club bar in hotel football. Never been down there before, is it a good spot?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Of all the hoopla regarding Pogba recently, the key phrase in that article Bangkok linked.

He's a 24 year old, course he'll do silly things that will no doubt get on people's nerves.

people need a long hard look at themselves if pogba's hair, dabbing etc is getting on their nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bangkok wrote: »
    people need a long hard look at themselves if pogba's hair, dabbing etc is getting on their nerves.

Can you post some examples of this from the forum regulars ?

Moving away from Pogba, I think Lukaku isn't getting nearly the credit he deserves.

So many players can't make the step up to a big club, or need time to settle and all that guff, but Lukaku hasn't just settled quickly, he has had a fantastic start and we have heard very little about it.

6 goals in his first 6 games, 4 from 4 in the premier league and there is minimal talk about him, like it was just to be expected. Well it wasn't, he has hit the ground sprinting and it really bodes well for the future.

beno619 wrote: »
    Can you post some examples of this from the forum regulars ?

im on about people in general or gareth crooks for example mentioning his red hair, or graeme souness just having a go at him for no reason

Moving away from Pogba, I think Lukaku isn't getting nearly the credit he deserves.

So many players can't make the step up to a big club, or need time to settle and all that guff, but Lukaku hasn't just settled quickly, he has had a fantastic start and we have heard very little about it.

6 goals in his first 6 games, 4 from 4 in the premier league and there is minimal talk about him, like it was just to be expected. Well it wasn't, he has hit the ground sprinting and it really bodes well for the future.

to be honest i think it was expected, just like matic was expected. when you buy players that are already in the premier league and have excelled in the premier league, there is not much transition and they slot right in.

if lukaku wasnt scoring i think it would have been a bigger surprise

• Advertisement

to be honest i think it was expected, just like matic was expected. when you buy players that are already in the premier league and have excelled in the premier league, there is not much transition and they slot right in.

And there you are, downplaying the start he has made. Exactly my point.

We spent extra to get the PL proven player, we all know that, we did expect goals. But 6 from 6 is better than a good start, its a ****ing great start and of the type you would expect from the very top drawer of world class strikers. Stop underselling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

In fairness, yeah you could say Matic had experience playing at a big club in the premier league but Lukaku hadn't played at that level yet, with that level of expectation. He's been outstanding and really made the step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Especially with the fixtures we have had so far.

I see Gareth Barry will equal Giggs' premier league apps record if he plays this weekend.

We spent extra to get the PL proven player, we all know that, we did expect goals. But 6 from 6 is better than a good start, its a ****ing great start and of the type you would expect from the very top drawer of world class strikers. Stop underselling it.

I said he's had a class start yesterday!
    M!Ck^ M!Ck^ M!Ck^!!

Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin etc say hello.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    M!Ck^ M!Ck^ M!Ck^!!

You're doing a zerks on it, this thread already has triplets.

Jayo, jayo and jayo.

adox wrote: »
    Has anyone here been dabbling in dabbing?
    Didn't Bob Marley have a song about it?

Yeah he did, it's gas seeing kids and older people doing it, or it even being a mainstream thing. Actual dabbing is the only way you can OD from marijuana, reportedly. Even in my heavy smoking years and seeking that next level of high (from weed) I wouldn't try it.

I had that thought watching him on Tuesday night. It's an unreal start, and one the majority (fans and pundits) seem to be taking for granted and/or letting go without much praise.

Right, him being a proven PL striker does mean that he should ideally have a decent start with a new PL club, but the reality of his start with United goes beyond that expectation, and beyond 'decent'.

I also like the fact that he's scoring regularly, but we're not a one man team.

im not down playing anything, he scored 2 goals against west ham, 1 goal against swansea and 1 against stoke. 4/4 in the league, 1 goal in the champions league v basel.

in his last 3 seasons with everton he scored 20, 25 and 26 goals so i would expect him to be hitting 30 goals for united easily barring injury.

we also didnt spend extra, we spent the going rate to get a striker we wanted and if we had of signed him after the neymar deal would have probably cost 20-30 more.

Lukaku has done very well so far, but thats why he was signed for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Thomas Meunier who was linked with a move from PSG to Real Madrid and also wanted by Chelsea, was asked which team does he play on FIFA. He said Manchester, then asked which one, he said the real one, Man United, because I've always been a fan.
    He said he would like to play in the Premier League one day.
    He went onto say he is a big fan of United and the club remains the real reference in world football. He said United is a perfect club.

He will end up at United is my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin etc say hello.

Was a bit sad to see him go, but doesn't look like he's been up to much at Everton either.

He'll score on Sunday purely cause of this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hopefully Shaw gets a run at LB. Need his creativity and pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hopefully Shaw gets a run at LB. Need his creativity and pace.

I assume he will play against Burton in the cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

im not down playing anything, he scored 2 goals against west ham, 1 goal against swansea and 1 against stoke. 4/4 in the league, 1 goal in the champions league v basel.

in his last 3 seasons with everton he scored 20, 25 and 26 goals so i would expect him to be hitting 30 goals for united easily barring injury.

we also didnt spend extra, we spent the going rate to get a striker we wanted and if we had of signed him after the neymar deal would have probably cost 20-30 more.

Lukaku has done very well so far, but thats why he was signed for big money.

I dont think you realise how often that figure is hit in the league :rolleyes:
    In twelve years its been hit 3 times so ya easily hitting it sure buddy

irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont think you realise how often that figure is hit in the league :rolleyes:
    In twelve years its been hit 3 times so ya easily hitting it sure buddy

Sorry i meant total goals, champions league included. Only 24 goals to go. Should hit it easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hococop wrote: »
    I assume he will play against Burton in the cup

Hopefully but I wouldn't count on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm thrilled with Lukaku, but not surprised. I argued at the beginning of the summer that he was keeping up with Kane despite being in a weaker team at the time, and he's showing now that as our focal point, he's going to be amazing.

And that's also ignoring he's fluffed a few chances as well; a missed penalty, the shot near the end of the Stoke game. He's 6 from 6. He could have even more. He's incredible. And even better, he's not even near his prime yet. At his age, its scary to think how good he could get.

The only slight question I have over Lukaku is can he keep it up. Even at Everton he could be unplayable one month before having a dreadful patch the next month and then be unplayable again. How much of that was due to him or due to the supply Everton gave him we will see this month. If he keeps up his form this month we are laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think Lukaku will only be as good as the service he gets. If Shaw can sort himself out, if Mourinho would play Rashford on the right and Martial on the left, if Mkhitaryan stays central, if Pogba plays, I think Lukaku will get goals galore.

If we revert back to the ultra defensive 631 formation we ended last season with then he will struggle.

The only slight question I have over Lukaku is can he keep it up. Even at Everton he could be unplayable one month before having a dreadful patch the next month and then be unplayable again. How much of that was due to him or due to the supply Everton gave him we will see this month. If he keeps up his form this month we are laughing.

That can be said about every striker Wayne Rooney was notorious for it and even Harry Kane goes threw it every August.

Only people that are surprised about lukaku are the ones that said he isn't a United player quality wise.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That can be said about every striker Wayne Rooney was notorious for it and even Harry Kane goes threw it every August.

Only people that are surprised about lukaku are the ones that said he isn't a United player quality wise.

Well yes but I'd say it is only a problem for some strikers. Ruud or Ronaldo didn't have drought issues like that from my memory, then others like Berbatov and Hernandez while never perhaps reaching a patch of being unplayable they never experienced particularly barren spells. I'm nowhere near saying he isnt a United player.

• Advertisement

Well yes but I'd say it is only a problem for some strikers. Ruud or Ronaldo didn't have drought issues like that from my memory, then others like Berbatov and Hernandez while never perhaps reaching a patch of being unplayable they never experienced particularly barren spells. I'm nowhere near saying he isnt a United player.

Ruud with us probably had his most prolific scoring run of his career I could be wrong on that but i don't think he ever reached same scoring rate anywhere else.

I say you could count on one hand the number of strikers that go threw their career without going threw a Barron spell of not scoring for a good chunk of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

See TFM is starting at CB in a back 4 for Palace today. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Pereira with an assist for Valencia. Cross from the left with his right foot. Free header for Rodrigo.

See TFM is starting at CB in a back 4 for Palace today. Good to see.

It looks his best and most natural position.

It looks his best and most natural position.

Don't let Bangkok hear you say that.

Nice he started. Shame its still Palace being clueless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I would never compare Berbatov to Hernandez
    There was times Berbatov was unplayable, Hernandez is very one dimensional

irishman86 wrote: »
    I would never compare Berbatov to Hernandez
    There was times Berbatov was unplayable, Hernandez is very one dimensional

I wasnt comparing the styles I just meant their goalscoring. Both were (are in Hernandez case) somewhat fairly regular scorers. They'll end a season aroundabout 15ish goals fairly well spread out rather than patches.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Don't let Bangkok hear you say that.

He is a quality player who can play a number of positions. I think he will be our rb for years

• Advertisement

I don't think he will make it as a first team regular and will probably be sold in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement