Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

As much as i dislike city, that red card is mad

You just scored the winner and celebrate with the travelling fans and its a red

Mike dean is such a pleb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »

Mike dean is such a pleb

It's mad same as taking off the jersey but it's still the rules.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's mad same as taking off the jersey but it's still the rules.

Well then the rules are ****e, i mean you cant celebrate an away win with your supporters.
    Sterling did nothing wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mike dean is such a pleb

But that isn't accurate.

It was a yellow card for that. Just happened to be a second. He wasn't sent off for celebrating with the fans, he was sent off for receiving two bookings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mike dean is such a pleb
    To be fair the fans all rush down and try to jump on the players and pitch, this can cause crushes and serious injuries to both Stewards and fans that are in between.. I agree with the yellow card for that.

Taking the shirt off is a different story altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Well then the rules are ****e, i mean you cant celebrate an away win with your supporters.

I doubt the stewards in the corner handling the situation were best pleased to be fair.

Also, just because nothing went wrong this time, doesn't mean it wouldn't the next time.

He could have caused someone to be crushed! It's from a health and safety point of view. Nothing else.

So of someone had been injured in the crush that would be grand? Cause that is why the rule is there, so players don't incite a heave of fans and possible crush situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was it not last season that Maro helped extract a United fan who was being crushed?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    To be fair the fans all rush down and try to jump on the players and pitch, this can cause crushes and serious injuries to both Stewards and fans that are in between.. I agree with the yellow card for that.

Yep, I don't get the jersey off one at all. Players strip off shirts on the bench and on the pitch after the match without getting a yellow so why is it a yellow during the match. Have never seen the justification for it.

I get what your all saying, and your all dead right. Just seemed harsh enough. Emotions would take over on the pitch so your going to celebrate with the fans. He scored the winner so the fans would of went mental anyway.
    Fan/steward safety is a priority though

Mike dean still a pleb though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mike dean still a pleb though

People argue on this forum over the smallest little things but everyone will always unanimously agree on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Surely it should be the club held accountable? The player didn't get into the crowd as such, they were after getting onto the sides of the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yep, I don't get the jersey off one at all. Players strip off shirts on the bench and on the pitch after the match without getting a yellow so why is it a yellow during the match. Have never seen the justification for it.

Sadly I'd say its a sponsor thing. Goals and pictures of them are going to circulate around the world when they are scored. I'd imagine sponsors weren't best pleased that their logo was on the floor when these moments happen. Money talks.

Whoever is on the match thread streak...keep her lit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Law 12 of the game. Removing the shirt is seen as an 'excessive' celebration and its mandatory for the ref to card the player if he does it. No discretion is permitted so Dean has to do it. Sterling ought to know the rules too so I honestly don't have huge sympathy for him. He is a professional.

If a player removes his shirt outside of a celebration, he's instructed to leave the pitch and correct his equipment before being permitted to return. Subs are already off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The commentator talking about City showing title winning mentality in their third game because they were blessed with a winner is laughable. To me it shows how they are struggling early doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I remember hearing that this shirt off horsesh*t was to do with all the rich Arab interest in the game. They find it offencivr and given the money they are pumping into the game , the powers decided to yield to their sensitive nature.

So of someone had been injured in the crush that would be grand? Cause that is why the rule is there, so players don't incite a heave of fans and possible crush situation.

Dunno if youve been to old trafford but when we score the place erupts, people can just as easily get injured during that.
    When your at a game, you expect it, your part of the celebration. To say someobe could of been injuree cause the 20 or so people rushed him is mad.
    Id say more people get injured when their side scores a goal wherever they are in the stadium not just where the camera points

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »
    The commentator talking about City showing title winning mentality in their third game because they were blessed with a winner is laughable. To me it shows how they are struggling early doors.

Yeah, they nearly ended up struggling to another draw (Bournemouth could have easily won it too). Far from the runaway leaders people make them out to be.

Ok, I'm two for two with my predictions so far. So today...

3-1 to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Drumpot wrote: »
    I remember hearing that this shirt off horsesh*t was to do with all the rich Arab interest in the game. They find it offencivr and given the money they are pumping into the game , the powers decided to yield to their sensitive nature.

Pretty sure it's do with shirt sponsors. They pay loads of money to advertise on the shirt and when a player scores a goal, you get the close-ups of celebrations and pictures with their logo front and centre.

If the shirt is in a crumpled heap on the ground with the player running around bare-chested, it affects their investment.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/901466779863719937

Martial starts instead of Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing delighted for Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Tony M getting a start ahead of rashers I'd good to see. Great competition between them will help the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial wont score, rashford will come on and will score :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That's a savage looking line up lads barring Blind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

Fascinated to see how he does. He's not coming on against a wrecked full back now. Hope he shows he same fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

The crowd is going to get right behind Martial today. Really hope he can keep up his form and get a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Headshot wrote: »

Hope he makes the most of this now and has great game!!

That's a savage looking line up lads barring Blind.

Shaw played 90 mins for the reserves last night in a 3-0 defeat to Spurs. Hopefully he'll be back contending for the LB spot in our next game on September 9th, or very soon afterwards.

• Advertisement

Why the fook can’t Rashford play on the right instead of Mata?!

(Pretty much guaranteed Mata plays a blinder now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Thought we'd see Herrera in for Mata today given the strength of the opposition compared to the last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Any reason why Darmain isn't getting a look in at LB this season?

Any reason why Darmain isn't getting a look in at LB this season?

I do think Jose is reluctant to have 2 right footed players out there at the moment, at least bling can cross from the byline(if he gets up that far)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fascinated to see how he does. He's not coming on against a wrecked full back now. Hope he shows he same fire.

I've seen this a lot against Martial during the week and I'm just using your harmless line to mention a point. Yes, it's true, the defenses Martial faced in those two games had 70 minutes on their respective clocks. However, how many substitutes are made weekly in the PL, or any of the top leagues, to the same effect as Martial's recent appearances? If it was simply a case of the opposition being wrecked, there would be pacey, attacking substitutes scoring a lot more as a regular thing IMO.

Prior to these latest two games, we've seen Martial get subbed on against tired opposition where he looked really off the pace and out of form, even anonymous. Now lately, he's like the French Solskjaer but we still look for a stick to beat him with.

I think the 'tired opposition' line is good to bear in mind to anchor us to reality, however the amount of times it's been mentioned does a disservice to the efforts of Martial as of late and the work involved in his goals. Not LordTSC here, but some of the ways I've seen it portrayed it's as if the Swansea lads were on the ground getting treated for cramp by the time Martial came on.

When a player of ours scores early in a match - When do we ever say "...and he managed to do that against a fresh defence, fair play to him"? Never, and rightfully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread.......

Zerks get on it man

Zerks get on it man

Aaand it's LIVE. :)

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Aaand it's LIVE. :)

Good man zerks. I see it's already drawing them in.

If I'm not mistaken zerks, you were at this fixture last season, same as myself. I expect a far better Leicester team today, they were putrid for the 4-1 last season.

Good man zerks. I see it's already drawing them in.

If I'm not mistaken zerks, you were at this fixture last season, same as myself. I expect a far better Leicester team today, they were putrid for the 4-1 last season.

I was,all the goals went in at the other end of the pitch from where I was sat.
    Heading to the Palace game,by accounts from today they could need a new manager by then.

Id take Mahrez for our right wing. Very disciplined player when it comes to tracking back. He’s more of an old school winger.

Valencia's final ball disappointing so far.

that is awful ****ing decision by the lines man

Oliver does hold some sort of grudge against United. It's plainly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pogba has an amazing pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That felt like a better first half performance compared to last seasons game but we're unfortunately missing the 4 goals.

Mile off his line for the penalty.

Should of been Mata taking that Peno

Poor peno

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mile off his line for the penalty.

Keepers usually are. Very rare do they get pinged for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement