Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I genuinely like Klopp, thought he'd do far, far better at Pool but he's struggling so badly now.

I know he hasn't exactly failed at Liverpool yet but I am content that I called it right about Klopp, I never held him in near the same regard as a lot of people seemed to do. A quick search got me these posts from 2015 and one from 2014:
    He seems to be everybody's darling, but I think Klopp is going to flop in his next job. If he goes to Madrid he won't last a year.
    I hope Klopp does go to Liverpool, because frankly I think he will be a failure there.
    I have no axe to grind with Klopp, if Liverpool are going to get anybody it might as well be him, he can certainly make a good case for himself. But you would think to read posters like you that he was some managerial genius and I'm sorry, but he ain't.
    Of course every appointment is a risk, and I don't say Liverpool shouldn't take that risk. I just roll my eyes a little at the gushing praise Klopp gets from all quarters. He is as likely to be the next David Moyes as he is to be the next Mourinho, I just think people should have a little perspective on the guy.
    In my opinion the word Klopp is used far too much in this thread.

It seems everybody would be delighted to get him, but he would be just as big a gamble as the appointment of Moyes was so I don't really see why people are going on so much about him.

Its no particular shock to me that he hasn't brought Liverpool on much, it was always a distinct possibility because frankly, the line between success and failure is so fine that most fans always overstate the effect their next manager is going to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jayop wrote: »
    Win ratios....

Moyes at Man Utd: 52.9%

Klopp at Liverpool: 50.5%

That's a very unfair comparison..... Moyes only had 10 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

By comparison Jose now is on 59%. I can hardly believe that given how many league draws we had last year but the results in the cups and the league this season has dragged his percentage way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Actually usually love slagging the pool lads but when you go to the thread for a bit of a nosey and you see them saying " creat a match thread before the invalids come " it leaves a rotten sick taste!!!!

we may be the so called most annoying fans or whatever the fuk we are but I genuinely can 100 percent say I never ever see anyone on this thread using talk like that or even close to it.

Proud to be a member of our hated little thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Win ratios....

Moyes at Man Utd: 52.9%

Klopp at Liverpool: 50.5%
    Jesus, that's eye-opening context there, had no idea he was doing that badly, delighted!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Meh, everything that has been discussed tonight in the the cup thread has been valid.

It's easy for pool fans to simply dismiss it simple because we support Utd.

Some good debate going on IMO. If the rest don't want to engage then so be it.

Sh!t like that puts me off reading threw them.

luketitz wrote: »
    Jesus, that's eye-opening context there, had no idea he was doing that badly, delighted!

Apparently you can't count the first 20 odd games Klopp was there though because they don't count or something.

Apparently you can't count the first 20 odd games Klopp was there though because they don't count or something.

Or you can't count European games that we have won because they weren't against the elite of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Klopp is an idiot for not throwing everything at that cup. If they want to be successful, they need a catalyst and actually winning something is just that.

But they seem to think they're above certain trophies. That mentality will get them far.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Klopp is an idiot for not throwing everything at that cup. If they want to be successful, they need a catalyst and actually winning something is just that.

But they seem to think they're above certain trophies. That mentality will get them far.

Funny if you don't count that cup like they're claiming now then they actually haven't won a thing in eleven years.

And most of all...poor bangkok got the bollix ate of him for commenting on City in here on Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's better we don't count the games Liverpool didn't win and don't count the games ManUtd won. That would make it simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still only start of season. I be saving my sympathy for them for while yet.

Long way to go. Good start for us of course.

Would people have taken 13 from first 5 games? Last season we would have gotten 8 or 9 from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Would people have taken 13 from first 5 games? Last season we would have gotten 8 or 9 from this

13/15 points is an excellent return, throwing a goal difference of +14 on top of that makes it even better. We have come on leaps and bounds since last year. Games where we struggled to score last year are the games we have romped this season.

It's still incredibly early in the season but we can only beat what's in front of us, good start but still a long long way to go.

One game at a time and we will worry about what ifs next April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I hate clicking into this thread and having to read pages about Klopp. Unless people think hes secretly on our payroll what is the link he has to Manchester United? Could pass for Liverpool thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

pjohnson wrote:
    I hate clicking into this thread and having to read pages about Klopp. Unless people think hes secretly on our payroll what is the link he has to Manchester United? Could pass for Liverpool thread.

I have to agree with the sentiment here. Let's keep this a United thread

BTW is there anything to be said for me starting another "Is Klopp a busted flush ?" Thread

Only joking of course

Ignore the Kew in the back of your head :pac:

And most of all...poor bangkok got the bollix ate of him for commenting on City in here on Saturday :pac:

Fair point, it was me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Haha i was going to post here last night about the double standards in the thread but i said i would leave it. Log on this morning, read 3 pages about liverpool!!!

LADS, IF YE WANT TO TALK ABOUT LIVERPOOL, TAKE IT TO THE LIVERPOOL THREAD OR GENERAL FOOTBALL THREAD.

Thank you

:)

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Haha i was going to post here last night about the double standards in the thread but i said i would leave it. Log on this morning, read 3 pages about liverpool!!!

LADS, IF YE WANT TO TALK ABOUT LIVERPOOL, TAKE IT TO THE LIVERPOOL THREAD OR GENERAL FOOTBALL THREAD.

Thank you

Agh bangkok, just when ye start annoying me you find a way to redeem yourself.

I'm proud of you my son.

Can't because if you go to the Liverpool thread your regarded as invalid.

Agree it is double standards with what was said to Bangkok the weekend I blame m!ck^ he is terrible.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can't because if you go to the Liverpool thread your regarded as invalid.

Agree it is double standards with what was said to Bangkok the weekend I blame m!ck^ he is terrible.

do ye not mean our new poster jayo26p M^t!c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

brinty wrote: »

BTW is there anything to be said for me starting another "Is Klopp a busted flush ?" Thread

Only joking of course

Jaysus Brinty, ye'll be banned for life :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Jose very interested in a push for Sanchez according to today's papers....

So we are not supposed to discuss about rivals in this thread?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So we are not supposed to discuss about rivals in this thread?

No we can it's just Bangkok can't ;););)

rockal wrote: »
    Jaysus Brinty, ye'll be banned for life :D:D

agh they'd never do it to me...

but no I'm not engaging with soccer outside of the United thread. Its just not worth it as it gets too tetchy.

Plus if i got banned it'd ruin the fun I have on the american football threads and fantasy football over there. Its much more fun there

jayo26 wrote: »
    No we can it's just Bangkok can't ;););)

lol

poor bang-klopp...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

bangkok wrote: »

Thank you

It's a tough bit of business, seems to me to be a case of if someone comments positively about a rival (i.e how good they are or how well they're doing) it's met with the "this is the United thread" response by a lot, however if the rival is doing bad and it's making fun of them or criticising them majority find it fine.

However Phil Jones is a topic that can be appreciated any day of the week by all.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »

However Phil Jones is a topic that can be appreciated any day of the week by all.

Heck yea i can be appreciated all day long...

phil-jones-gurning.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Heck yea i can be appreciated all day long...

I'm just happy he's getting a good run of games and playing very well.
    For many years a lot of us have defended him, a lot of Smalling and Jones debate over the past couple of years, especially during Moyes/LVG.

Now saying that I hope I haven't restored normality to the world and we find out he's picked up a knock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Adamocovic wrote: »
    it's met with the "this is the United thread" response by a lot

Personally I think some people should shut the **** up with trying to dictate what others talk about.

Yeah, sure, this isn't a thread for talking about Trump, hurricanes or how to bake alaskans, but you have people whinging if you mention our biggest rival or one of our past players, as if there is absolutely no connection to the club there at all. Which is a load of old cock.

Personally I think some people should shut the **** up with trying to dictate what others talk about.

Yeah, sure, this isn't a thread for talking about Trump, hurricanes or how to bake alaskans, but you have people whinging if you mention our biggest rival or one of our past players, as if there is absolutely no connection to the club there at all. Which is a load of old cock.

Exactly. Now you don't want pages and pages of crap that but the odd few posts when something happens to a rival are perfectly OK.

Spot on. City had a massive win at the weekend away to watford, smashed 6 past them. Our main title rivals, was worth a mention i thought at the time.

It's official. I'm a **** :pac:

Ok Great lets talk about the demise of Wigan Athletic then.

I didnt think it THAT confusing that the United thread is for United discussion and the Liverpool thread for *gasp* Liverpool discussion. Its why these threads have titles to show what the topic is.

If its a case of Liverpool fans calling United fans invalids then there is a report function and moderators to deal with that. I dont see why the team discussion needs to be a safe zone where no rivals fans enter. Anyone moronic enough to call people invalids deserve the ban they get. Similar if I posted the nickname for Gerrard in any thread I would be reprimanded accordingly.

I guess its a bit more confusing than I thought.

It's official. I'm a **** :pac:

nah mate you're not a ****
    you're jayo26p M^t!c

anyways thoughts for tonight folks. Any young lads or fringe players getting games

I'm thinking

Romeo
    Darmian Lindelorf Smalling Shaw
    Carrick Herrera
    Lingard Mata Young
    Rashers

O'Hara, Fellaini, Lukaku, Martial, Jones, Mkhi Gomes, McTominay...

anyone else who might be involved

JOse said Tuanzebe is injured and Degea, Valencia, Bailly and Matic are being rested

nah mate you're not a ****
    you're jayo26p M^t!c

anyways thoughts for tonight folks. Any young lads or fringe players getting games

I'm thinking

Romeo
    Darmian Lindelorf Smalling Shaw
    Carrick Herrera
    Lingard Mata Young
    Rashers

O'Hara, Fellaini, Lukaku, Martial, Jones, Mkhi Gomes, McTominay...

anyone else who might be involved

JOse said Tuanzebe is injured and Degea, Valencia, Bailly and Matic are being rested
    RoShaun Williams for Smalling (I don't think Smalling has much of a future here, shame about Tuanzebe so why not give Williams a chance)
    Demetri Mitchell for Young (want Young fresh to start LB in League)
    McTominay in for Herrera (or take Herrera off for McTominay around the hour mark)

• Advertisement

I'd swap Young for Martial tonight.
    Keep young for the PL game as he's earned it IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely. But having no in retrospect, the dropped points against Stoke are frustrating, even this early on.

City look really strong, getting to scary strong for me. I think we need to stay neck and neck, if not ahead of them. Any sort of gap emerges, for either, then it will likely be enough to maintain to win the league.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Absolutely. But having no in retrospect, the dropped points against Stoke are frustrating, even this early on.

City look really strong, getting to scary strong for me. I think we need to stay neck and neck, if not ahead of them. Any sort of gap emerges, for either, then it will likely be enough to maintain to win the league.

i do agree with waht you say re City
    but lets not forget City won there first 8-10 last season and then fell off in October/ November, so lets wait til we're 10-15 games in to the season to see how things stand

Then drop Rashford for whom up top? McTominay? I'd only start one of Rashford/Martial with the other starting the PL game.

He said in the presser that he's only resting four players, DeGea, Valencia, Bailly and Matic.

He said in the presser that he's only resting four players, DeGea, Valencia, Bailly and Matic.

So no ****ing around approach. I like it.
    As long as he gives game time to younger lads even from the bench.

• Advertisement

Don't think Young will play against Southampton away, I think Jose will go for defensively stronger players in away games vs top teams and midtable teams.

I think he meant 4 players are for sure won't play and were given 2 days off, not rest will be playing. They might be in just match day squad or in regular training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ok Great lets talk about the demise of Wigan Athletic then.

I didnt think it THAT confusing that the United thread is for United discussion and the Liverpool thread for *gasp* Liverpool discussion. Its why these threads have titles to show what the topic is.

If its a case of Liverpool fans calling United fans invalids then there is a report function and moderators to deal with that. I dont see why the team discussion needs to be a safe zone where no rivals fans enter. Anyone moronic enough to call people invalids deserve the ban they get. Similar if I posted the nickname for Gerrard in any thread I would be reprimanded accordingly.

I guess its a bit more confusing than I thought.

Wigan are not a direct rival to United. If something happens with one of our direct rivals in the league it can be discussed from a United fans perspective..

The reason Klopp is discussed so much in this thread is not that he is Liverpool manager, sure that helps but it is because a majority of posters wanted him as manager of United at some stage. Showing how inept he is at organising a defence and throwing cups games out the window is something That could and should be discussed

Burton at home, should be playing a full 11 of players who are getting little or no game time.

Romero

Darmian----smalling
    lindelof
    shaw

carrick

Herrera
    mctominay

Lingard
    martial
    young

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Herrera, Martial, Shaw....they'd want to be playing an epic game tonight. It's Burton; I'd be expecting 4 or 5 past them easily....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement