Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any chance Angel Gomes plays? Know nothing about him other than there is hype about him and he got a hat-trick recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any chance Angel Gomes plays? Know nothing about him other than there is hype about him and he got a hat-trick recently.

not heard anything about his possible involvement. He played for the U18 side at the weekend, was not involved for U23 side Monday night. Maybe a place on the bench? I doubt it myself to be honest, heard nothing about him being involved in first team training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Highly doubt Gomes plays. Carrick is a cert, one of Herrera/Fellaini with probably Mata in the advanced role. The non starter of Herrera/Fellaini will probably be joined by McTominay on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZQyLSKnLtt/

Totally looks like he is out for 12 weeks haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think he meant 4 players are for sure won't play and were given 2 days off, not rest will be playing. They might be in just match day squad or in regular training.

Yeah you're right it could be that the rest of them are only in the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Judging by pogba's latest instagram post i think he will be back for the liverpool game

Maybe I'm being over cautious but do some of you understand that these are in the championship not the 3rd division?

Jayop wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being over cautious but do some of you understand that these are in the championship not the 3rd division?

What third division ;);)

After some recent results from us in cups in years gone by even if they were in league two I'd never be over confident but truth be known we have a massive squad and even if we rested of our first team that played the weekend we could still field a team of internationals.

I'd suspect Jose might not be all that happy with him dancing around the place while carrying a hamstring injury!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd suspect Jose might not be all that happy with him dancing around the place while carrying a hamstring injury!

Ahh pal we don't know to what extent he is injured it's speculating like that is why people jump on stories and suddenly a player is worst in world.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh pal we don't know to what extent he is injured it's speculating like that is why people jump on stories and suddenly a player is worst in world.

Ah I didn't mean it like that! I'd take it as good news IMO

Ah I didn't mean it like that! I'd take it as good news IMO

I think he will be back soon enough definilty should be back for after international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

pjohnson wrote: »
    Highly doubt Gomes plays. Carrick is a cert, one of Herrera/Fellaini with probably Mata in the advanced role. The non starter of Herrera/Fellaini will probably be joined by McTominay on the bench

It sounds horrible as I've always rated him and praised him but I had forgotten Carrick was even still an option for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tuanzebe out injured it seems. Ah well, was hoping he would get a run out tonight, and a chance to impress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Maybe im late to the party but just heard Chelsea could be in trouble with FIFA and may face transfer ban for signing underage player

Hopefully FIFA throw the book and the kitchen sink at them

Lads I know it's nothing United related, but I just want to throw it out in here. I don't know if you have all noticed the Werewolf forum. It's an online game a gang of us play on Boards, good fun, easy to learn and pick up and we're always on the lookout for new players. A couple from here play already.

I'm running the next game, starts on Sunday and could run for a week, but you could be out in a day or two. If you're interested then please feel free to sign up in the following thread and ask any questions you might have there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789148

Lads I know it's nothing United related, but I just want to throw it out in here. I don't know if you have all noticed the Werewolf forum. It's an online game a gang of us play on Boards, good fun, easy to learn and pick up and we're always on the lookout for new players. A couple from here play already.

I'm running the next game, starts on Sunday and could run for a week, but you could be out in a day or two. If you're interested then please feel free to sign up in the following thread and ask any questions you might have there.

Could you give a very brief outline of what it is/what it involves?

Im not allowed to speak about city but werewolfs are ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Had a look at the thread/forum and can't for the life of me figure it out :(

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Had a look at the thread/forum and can't for the life of me figure it out :(

Here's a brief outline where you can ask any questions. It's good fun.

Don't want to derail this thread anymore.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104733877#post104733877

Fair point, it was me too!

That was some shout you displayed in fairness Mick. In the lands of Skyrim, you would have been known as Dragonborn.
    bangkok wrote: »
    Haha i was going to post here last night about the double standards in the thread but i said i would leave it. Log on this morning, read 3 pages about liverpool!!!

LADS, IF YE WANT TO TALK ABOUT LIVERPOOL, TAKE IT TO THE LIVERPOOL THREAD OR GENERAL FOOTBALL THREAD.

Thank you

:)

I'm always looking out for you, buddy. Anytime in the past it might seem like I was having words with you - It was all for your own good of course and has ended up giving you Immunity +90, Resistance +70, Defense x 4, to the likes of Mick's shouts. Such offenses just bounce off you now. You're welcome :)

bangkok wrote: »
    Im not allowed to speak about city but werewolfs are ok :)

Well, once you don't try to get too smart and bend that rule to talk about Wolves.

I'll give this a go, I haven't a clue what's going on but this might the time to help me figure it out.

Well after the last few posts and a visit to another thread....

I can well and truly announce.......

I am not jayop...

I'm generally not a nerdy person but I get that that all comes across as a very nerdy pursuit!! lol

Anyway, back to the important stuff. How many will we win by tonight??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZRLZFIFayU/

8 years ago today probably one of the best games for drama since 1999 loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Some boy Jayo...
    that was the sunday before i got married, i nearly burst my head leaping about the place
    The missus had some job trying to calm me down and not injure myself in advance of the big day....

As for this jayop, i'd say he's some nerdy chick magnet alright.. definitely not you mate ;) jayop you may reveal all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Excellent contribution from premier league winner for Manchester United and club ambassador for Liverpool FC.

Excellent contribution from premier league winner for Manchester United and club ambassador for Liverpool FC.

Couldn't of put it better myself xxx

Tbf I've never had a direct go at bangkok and I've stood up for him plenty of times before in the past!

Tbf I've never had a direct go at bangkok and I've stood up for him plenty of times before in the past!

Boards friends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was there that day and probably had my best ever time in OT. Not so good was deciding it'd be quicker to walk into town and find a pub to watch the All Ireland final. It wasn't quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I created a match Thread if ye are interested

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789218

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

DKL5BJiXcAU8wZ2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Shaw is ****ed. Will be sold next summer for sure.

Cant get a game fit or not against Burton.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Shaw is ****ed. Will be sold next summer for sure.

Cant get a game fit or not against Burton.

Major overreaction.
    The man isn't match fit, and he is on the bench.
    He will come on.

If Jose was done with him he would have sold him 3 weeks ago when it was still possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Major overreaction.
    He will come on.

If Jose was done with him he would have sold him 3 weeks ago when it was still possible

Agree - maybe he didn't want to put too much pressure on him by starting him.

If he doesn't get any minutes at all it would be a concern however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Major overreaction.
    He will come on.

Hope so, but it's not as if he can't run. He is still fit just a small bit off the pace. If he doesn't come on then will be a big sign.

That's a pacy front line. And Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

May be a bit of an overreaction but if he's fit enough to come off the bench then he's fit enough to start.

It does appear at face value to be passing on an opportunity to give Shaw vital minutes in an attempt to get him into the first team ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thats pretty much the lineup I expected, and like I said yesterday those players need to put in a performance. Solid isn't good enough, no excuses or crying about gametime and needing time to gel, its a team of potential first teamers playing a championship club and they need to get out there and win well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not sure why some posters here are so obsessed with hyperbole.

How anyone can make definitive statements about Shaw's future based on one selection decision. It's laughable.

• Advertisement

Was looking to post this one for a while and wanted to know what everyone else thought:

Weird one but since I have been following the man rigorously since he's taken over as manager (who wasn't my first choice) I don't think I have ever seen Jose as relaxed / level headed in his managerial career as he is now.

Might sound a weird one but has he matured further? I've done my best to watch all his conferences and interactions with the media, as well as his reactions and manner on the touchline and it's nearly like watching a different man at times to what I recall from Chelsea / Madrid / days.

He's always been a winner don't get me wrong but something is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im surprised to see Mata start. Thought he was Cup Tied.

#gonnabekickedout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Was looking to post this one for a while and wanted to know what everyone else thought:

Weird one but since I have been following the man rigorously since he's taken over as manager (who wasn't my first choice) I don't think I have ever seen Jose as relaxed / level headed in his managerial career as he is now.

Might sound a weird one but has he matured further? I've done my best to watch all his conferences and interactions with the media, as well as his reactions and manner on the touchline and it's nearly like watching a different man at times to what I recall from Chelsea / Madrid / days.

Before his appointment I stated a few times that I didn't agree with the common wisdom that he would be a short term, 3 years and done appointment. To me, a study of his career indicated that he was in the right place to come to a club like United and create a true long term legacy.

I think we are seeing more evidence of that these days, he has settled well into a huge club that gives a lot of freedom to the right managers, he has won trophies and taken the pressure off his shoulders and he has the team playing really good football. He knows that he has a real chance now to cement a legendary status in the game here and he is reacting accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a lovely goal that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Before his appointment I stated a few times that I didn't agree with the common wisdom that he would be a short term, 3 years and done appointment. To me, a study of his career indicated that he was in the right place to come to a club like United and create a true long term legacy.

I think we are seeing more evidence of that these days, he has settled well into a huge club that gives a lot of freedom to the right managers, he has won trophies and taken the pressure off his shoulders and he has the team playing really good football. He knows that he has a real chance now to cement a legendary status in the game here and he is reacting accordingly.

What is this sorcery, where is the real Bucky. Too much positivity!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Beautiful finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Superstar

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

He was a bit bonkers last year but definitely this season he has been totally different. Nice and calm and not acting like a spoiled brat, he also looks a lot healthier and would be great if this was the new and improved Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

See my previous post.

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    He was a bit bonkers last year but definitely this season he has been totally different. Nice and calm and not acting like a spoiled brat, he also looks a lot healthier and would be great if this was the new and improved Jose

Was he? Why so? Team was literally pissing away wins for draws.
    And he still didn't lose the head in all honesty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement