Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    But one could say that you could also consider it tactical from Jose. Maybe he believes we don't have the ability to completely dominate the game without Pogba in the 11. Just because someone says the team that lined up without Pogba should control the game doesn't mean it was directed to do so.

I was critical of Jose during that second half. I agree with you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Another bad call in the arsenal West brom game here, standard this weekend has been terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Hococop wrote: »
    Another bad call in the arsenal West brom game here, standard this weekend has been terrible

Refereeing in the Premier League has gone to the dogs over the last few years, while I actually think the standard of linesman’s decisions are incredibly decent lately the men in the middle are really letting the league down. I know it’s a hard job but some of the decisions have been so bad that you would wonder what’s going through their heads.

I think Jose being sent off for standing 2 feet onto the pitch typified the inconsistencies happening... it’s simple, one rule for every manager and player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Whatever happened to that linesmanwoman? The one Grey and Keyes were abusing.

I honestly don't think I ever seen her make a single mistake in loads of games. Not sure why she's not around in the PL any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anything further on Lukaku court case in LA, If I am remembering right it's taking place during international week seeing as Belgium have qualified already hopefully he and Fellaini are given a rest for one if not both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anything further on Lukaku court case in LA, If I am remembering right it's taking place during international week seeing as Belgium have qualified already hopefully he and Fellaini are given a rest for one if not both games.

Was only a misdemeanour no? So he doesn't need to be there, and can send a lawyer in his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jose should insist on Lukaku being an upstanding citizen and making the effort of appearing in person at this hearing no chance in hell of that happening but we can live in hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jayop wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that linesmanwoman? The one Grey and Keyes were abusing.

I honestly don't think I ever seen her make a single mistake in loads of games. Not sure why she's not around in the PL any more.

She was an assistant for Burnley & Huddersfield match on the weekend.

http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/sian-massey/105864/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just to update anybody around for the off topic stuff the the other day and apologies again. The blog is somewhat live, the about me section has been published anyway. Link in the sig for anyone interested, I expect to get the first post up by tomorrow.

Eh, football is good n stuff.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jose should insist on Lukaku being an upstanding citizen and making the effort of appearing in person at this hearing no chance in hell of that happening but we can live in hope.

Unless he was taking another holiday there at the same time, that is a total waste of time. You think a player (or anyone) should go on a 10,000 mile round trip to make an appearance at a trial for playing music too loud? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah - i'm desperate for Lukaku to make a round the world trip, twice, for something he doesn't need to attend.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    She was an assistant for Burnley & Huddersfield match on the weekend.

http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/sian-massey/105864/

Ah good stuff didn't see her in ages. Was hoping she'd be reffing games by now though if she was good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Independent UK going with new contracts to be sorted for Fellani, Herrera and Rashford before Xmas as well as a new one for deGea in the pipeline

Apparently doubts over Matic tomorrow....
    Midfield issues already it seems!

So Pogba out for a few weeks?
    Fellani available at the weekend again?
    Matic at the weekend?

I'd rather both Matic & Fellani are rested for the game tomorrow.

There's no Champions League on Sky this season... right?

Don't think so. citytillidie does the European threads and does the fixtures for each day and what's on TV.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057754076/10/#post104773842[url][/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

BT Sports, RTE and TV3. None on Sky Sports. The United game is on RTE 2 on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Matic is the one midfielder I really worry about if unavailable. Upsets the entire applecart.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/912648782013173760

Simon Stone on Twitter: 'Jose - We don't have Fellaini, Pogba or Carrick.'

The exact reason why Jose wanted Pereira to stay, he won't be impressed now :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jesus, could we see Blind at DM?

I've always wanted it... but this... not like this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Jesus, could we see Blind at DM?

I've always wanted it... but this... not like this :pac:

Matic is available is he not?

Matic, Herrera and Mata. Young, Blind or Lingard if needed, things could be a lot worse. Still better than the days of Cleverley and Anderson.

Matic, Herrera and Mata. Young, Blind or Lingard if needed, things could be a lot worse. Still better than the days of Cleverley and Anderson.

Your right I'd 8-2 be back in those days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jones also out.

Jones also out.

Lol injury crisis already, it's typical.

I was reading earlier he's a doubt but not sure what Jose has confirmed.

Edit*

Actual words from Jose today:

""Injuries will be key. The squad is strong but Pogba has his hamstring problem while Matic and Marouane Fellaini picked up knocks against Southampton. United can cope but won't want too many injuries in the same area of the pitch, especially one as crucial as central midfield,""

Jones also out.

Probably being rested, didn't he get a knock on the head from Smalling team weekend.. might have been advised not to travel.

Seen Luckhurst I think saying that Valencia didn't travel either.

Edit: MEN saying val and Jones rested not injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Might see Lindelof in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Jones also out.

suspended still.

• Advertisement

McTomminey might get the nod. Truth be told it wouldn't be a disaster if we lost this game and a draw would be a decent result all things considered. Should still top the group regardless, but it would be nice to get it wrapped up early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    McTomminey might get the nod. Truth be told it wouldn't be a disaster if we lost this game and a draw would be a decent result all things considered.

Have to disagree with that, we've seen it before where dropping points and needing to get results late in the group causes a load of unwanted pressure and hassle. What if they drop points tomorrow and then by chance drop more points in the following game? Then instead of resting players for the last games you need to play full teams and even then things can go wrog and bang, out you go.

Get the points on the board early is the only way to approach the groups, I'd have the strongest possible team out there playing.

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    suspended still.

Pretty sure he got a 2 match ban which was covered with the Supercup and the Basel game

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was reading earlier he's a doubt but not sure what Jose has confirmed.

Edit*

Actual words from Jose today:

""Injuries will be key. The squad is strong but Pogba has his hamstring problem while Matic and Marouane Fellaini picked up knocks against Southampton. United can cope but won't want too many injuries in the same area of the pitch, especially one as crucial as central midfield,""

Matic trained with the squad this afternoon so will probably be ok to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kane is something else

He'll probably break the transfer record if he moves in the next couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane is something else

He'll probably break the transfer record if he moves in the next couple of years

Hatrick now £150 million at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just to update anybody around for the off topic stuff the the other day and apologies again. The blog is somewhat live, the about me section has been published anyway. Link in the sig for anyone interested, I expect to get the first post up by tomorrow.

Eh, football is good n stuff.

Bookmarked the blog for future reading..

Have to disagree with that, we've seen it before where dropping points and needing to get results late in the group causes a load of unwanted pressure and hassle. What if they drop points tomorrow and then by chance drop more points in the following game? Then instead of resting players for the last games you need to play full teams and even then things can go wrog and bang, out you go.

Get the points on the board early is the only way to approach the groups, I'd have the strongest possible team out there playing.

Obviously a win is preferable but a draw away to the second best team in the group when we're severely weakened cannot be seen as a disaster by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kane is something else

Without doubt a class act but for his likely price I'm more than happy with Lukaku.Kane is a better all round player but not by a huge amount imo .
    If Kane leaves Spurs in the near future it's likely to be close 200m fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

yabadabado wrote: »
    Without doubt a class act but for his likely price I'm more than happy with Lukaku.Kane is a better all round player but not by a huge amount imo .

The feeling i get is when Ronaldo decides to move on Kane will be who they go for
    Be good to see a Galway man grace the Bernabeu :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I actually think Kane is definitely a significant level above Lukaku tbh, but agree that he would cost a fortune. Maybe if we win the euromillions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

PL Fixtures are getting bizarre every season. ManUtd who play in Russia on Wednesday will play their PL game on Saturday 3PM kick off, Liverpool who played in Russia on Tuesday will play on Sunday.

Likewise all our away games are on Wednesday followed by PL game on Saturday.
    Whereas United have a total of just 196 hours of respite between Champions League away games and their next Premier League fixture, Liverpool have 321 hours, Tottenham 290, Chelsea 250 and City 219 hours, although that figure will increase if the Manchester derby in December is moved from its current 3pm slot on a Saturday to a later time or date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/26/jose-mourinho-angered-premier-league-schedule-following-away/

That's just pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Swings and roundabouts.

A big reason we have the smaller window is because we don't have any prestige fixtures the weekend following a CL away game which I was delighted to see when the draw was made.

You'd also need to compare the figures for the respite between preceding PL fixtures and midweek CL fixtures to get a more accurate picture on the extent of european football interruption.

We play Livepool on a Saturday morning in a few weeks and we have a Wednesday game in Portugal whereas they have what will be a crucial away trip to Slovenia on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Swings and roundabouts.

A big reason we have the smaller window is because we don't have any prestige fixtures the weekend following a CL away game which I was delighted to see when the draw was made.

You'd also need to compare the figures for the respite between preceding PL fixtures and midweek CL fixtures to get a more accurate picture on the extent of european football interruption.

We play Livepool on a Saturday morning in a few weeks and we have a Wednesday game in Portugal whereas they have what will be a crucial away trip to Slovenia on the Tuesday.

Fair enough, PL should do better with their fixture scheduling at least whenever possible, like playing ManUtd on Sunday and Liverpool on Saturday this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The PL should be willing to help relieve the issue by offering clubs the flexibility to move fixtures if it's mutually beneficial for both sides but they simply don't unlike other leagues.

They are more concerned with the bottom line. However there appears to be zero favouritism towards any club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

The PL should be willing to help relieve the issue by offering clubs the flexibility to move fixtures if it's mutually beneficial for both sides but they simply don't unlike other leagues.

They are more concerned with the bottom line
    . However there appears to be zero favouritism towards any club.

The bottom line that allows clubs like ManUtd to buy players like Lukaku and Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Unless some oil rich club comes in kane will not go for that fee.

Just goes to show how much the neymar deal has had a knock on effect in the market. If neymar didnt move this summer kane would probably cost 90-100m max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bangkok wrote: »
    Unless some oil rich club comes in kane will not go for that fee.

Just goes to show how much the neymar deal has had a knock on effect in the market. If neymar didnt move this summer kane would probably cost 90-100m max

Levy has been holding teams to ransom for years,if a club wants him they are gonna have to cough up a huge sum.
    The Neymer deal did happen so it doesn't really matter now what Kane would have been worth pre Neymer moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Somebody finally calling out "journalists"

Even if he does play for City, well played Mendy.

https://twitter.com/benmendy23/status/913001955202617345

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/912944702089023488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

They are more concerned with the bottom line. However there appears to be zero favouritism towards any club.

Yes, they want to make as much money as they can, but I fail to see how United playing on a Saturday at 3pm is going to make them more money than if they were to change it to Sunday at noon, or any other time. Surely to maximise profits they'd make it a standalone fixture, and put it on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Somebody finally calling out "journalists"

Even if he does play for City, well played Mendy.

https://twitter.com/benmendy23/status/913001955202617345

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/912944702089023488

I don't get it. The journalist said it's a concern that it may be that injury and if so it's possibly 9 months. Yes, it's speculative but not exactly making things up.

It's amusing to see people thinking Mendy has actually had some sort of victory over journalism here.

I'm all for players calling out bulls**t from the press, but this isn't a good example.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement