Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

TheDoctor wrote: »
    He's our Belgian scoring genius

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I hope Matic & Lukaku get taken off early in the 2nd half, no need for them on the pitch at this point

Martial is ice cold in front of goal the born for it

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I hope Matic & Lukaku get taken off early in the 2nd half, no need for them on the pitch at this point

Yes, great call. Matic most definitely.aybe let Lukaku get his hat trick first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

HigginsJ wrote: »

Yeah get both off on the hour mark.Give McTominay and Rashford a half hour .Wouldn't mind seeing Tunzebe get a run out as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yes, great call. Matic most definitely.aybe let Lukaku get his hat trick first :)

Let Lukaku get his hat trick to match Harry Kane then swap him out for Rashford so he gets a hat trick too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

So near

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

paulbok wrote: »
    So near

Great play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They may do another drugs test on blind iv never seen him run as much and get into the opposition box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Easy nights work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/913135691932082184
    Ten goals in his first nine games is an incredible effort from @RomeluLukaku9. Sir Bobby Charlton got nine in his first nine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Easy nights work
    Could be costly though.....Martial and Mikitryan looked injured going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could be costly though.....Martial and Mikitryan looked injured going off.

Hopefully it's just a precaution and it's nothing serious for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Big Rom could solve any LB issues :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Blind the beast man of the match!

It was a nothing shot from Vitinho but I didnt like Lindelöf ducking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It shows how far we have come when we are winning 4 nil and I'm unhappy we don't have at least 2 more.

It shows how far we have come when we are winning 4 nil and I'm unhappy we don't have at least 2 more.

Nah it just shows your a greedy cnut ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Shambles of a performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Shambles of a performance

Fellaini at fault

Jose out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

29 goals in 10 games

It took us 19 games to get to that last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Always laugh at the RTE lads,if that was Real or Barca that won tonight,they would be drooling over the performance

Last time Utd were in the CL they struggled against the likes of CSKA in what was called a easy enough group, and even last season in the Europa Utd did struggle in some of the matches

The attitude and hunger in the team tonight,massive difference to last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RTE having their predictable digs at Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I do agree with rte about the bit of magic missing. No7 jersey still lies await for that player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Compare that performance to Rostov last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Always laugh at the RTE lads,if that was Real or Barca that won tonight,they would be drooling over the performance

Flicked over from BT to amuse myself and they never fail to deliver with their anti-United bias. Any praise seems to be begrudging. For them Ronaldo was a diva at United, joins Madrid and the RTE crew couldn't stop fapping with their praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any word on Martial or Mkhitaryan? Martial definitely called for the substitution himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Can anyone clarify what José means by PlayStation football that he said he didn't see tonight.

Lads wandering out of position and not doing their job?

Lads taking the mick out of the other team?

Lads trying to over play it?

All of the above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You can't really argue with a comprehensive away win and we did look very good tonight, but I think we were also a little lax at times as well.

We should really have had 5 or 6, but there were a few final balls misplaced not because they were too ambitious a pass, but because the player involved was far too lackadaisical in the execution. Harsh perhaps, but the great players keep the pace up and be ruthless at all times, I want to see that from our players.

Great game though, some of the interplay was just brilliant and this team continues to improve its patterns of play, they are just getting better and better!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's really awesome being able to sit down and enjoy games properly again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify what José means by PlayStation football that he said he didn't see tonight.

Lads wandering out of position and not doing their job?

Lads taking the mick out of the other team?

Lads trying to over play it?

All of the above?

All of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

10 goals in 9 games,with all but 1 coming from openplay. Not bad for someone dubbed as the "Belgian Heskey".

Great to see all the top teams come out of Moscow with a win ;););)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The one itch I can't scratch about lukaku (and I remember this observation from his Everton days too) is that he really does have a poor first touch at times unless that first touch is putting the ball in the net.

He messed up a 2 on 1 on the edge of the area tonight with a first touch reminiscent of an elephant which meant the ball slipped off his foot and ended up so far away from him that the defender was able to take control.

Still, can't argue with 10 goals in 9 games. He could break 40 by the seasons end especially if we have a few cup runs.

thelad95 wrote: »
    The one itch I can't scratch about lukaku (and I remember this observation from his Everton days too) is that he really does have a poor first touch at times unless that first touch is putting the ball in the net.

He messed up a 2 on 1 on the edge of the area tonight with a first touch reminiscent of an elephant which meant the ball slipped off his foot and ended up so far away from him that the defender was able to take control.

Still, can't argue with 10 goals in 9 games. He could break 40 by the seasons end especially if we have a few cup runs.

Funny thing is I actually think his first touch is a lot better then I was expecting. It was the main thing that was been thrown at him here from all the people that didn't want him signed but if you compare him to zlatan last year he is actually nearly better but when zlatan got it right it was spectacular so thats all you remembered but i also remember zlatan controlling the ball like a donkey wearing wellies.

Just saw Chelsea beat Atheltico too.

They have 1 point from their first two games, any chance we'd get Griezmann easier if they bomb out of the CL pre Xmas? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Could be a strong Europa League this year. Benfica, Liverpool, Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon and Porto/Leipzig/Monaco all look like they could end up dropping down. Not too mention that Spurs may well end up conceivably losing 3 of their remaining 4 games while Dortmund win 3 of their remaining 4 and draw with Madrid to sneak second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool dont get through that group

xtal191 wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Liverpool dont get through that group

Yah same here it's still close after two games they win their next two and they nearly there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bret Hart wrote: »
    10 goals in 9 games,with all but 1 coming from openplay. Not bad for someone dubbed as the "Belgian Heskey".

Benteke doesn't play for yous :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

thelad95 wrote: »

See the problem with this is that people remember the bad one more, out of all the first touches he had, that's the only one you can really criticise, about 5 mins before that he killed a through ball from Martial stone dead with his first touch to set up a chance that Akinfeev saved. So why are we not talking about what a great first touch that was?

astradave wrote: »
    See the problem with this is that people remember the bad one more, out of all the first touches he had, that's the only one you can really criticise, about 5 mins before that he killed a through ball from Martial stone dead with his first touch to set up a chance that Akinfeev saved. So why are we not talking about what a great first touch that was?

Because it's far more likely that it ricohets off his Shinguard and goes out for a throw than him killing a ball stone dead more often than not.

I didn't watch the game but as an Everton fan watching him most games previously his touch was always a massive let down

Because it's far more likely that it ricohets off his Shinguard and goes out for a throw than him killing a ball stone dead more often than not.

I didn't watch the game but as an Everton fan watching him most games previously his touch was always a massive let down

That may of been true I dunno but no way has he had a consistently poor touch in the 10 or so games he has played for us as I said last night it has been a lot better then expected judging by what people were saying and indeed what your saying now.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That may of been true I dunno but no way has he had a consistently poor touch in the 10 or so games he has played for us as I said last night it has been a lot better then expected judging by what people were saying and indeed what your saying now.

Yeah to be honest his touch has looked better and along with his clinical finishing.

I said before that he's a better striker than Kane he was just in a worse team, so interesting to see if hell get the Golden Boot. Very competitive year for it

Yeah to be honest his touch has looked better and along with his clinical finishing.

I said before that he's a better striker than Kane he was just in a worse team, so interesting to see if hell get the Golden Boot. Very competitive year for it

We are so lucky to have Kane and lukaku and morata in the same league and all not even reached their peak yet hopefully they stay in the league for years to come.

Martial has scored or assisted ten times this season. He managed a combined 19 in the entire of last, so even with his limited game time starting off, he has come on massively, stats wise, this season.

He has 30 goals and 24 assists in 99 games for us.

If he plays against Palace at the weekend, it will be his 100th game :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Martial has scored or assisted ten times this season. He managed a combined 19 in the entire of last, so even with his limited game time starting off, he has come on massively, stats wise, this season.

He has 30 goals and 24 assists in 99 games for us.

If he plays against Palace at the weekend, it will be his 100th game :)

But he is coming on at the end of games when they are tired I bet he wouldn't do it from the start............ Oh wait he did.

He has had an unreal start to the season keep that up we have a good chance of top four.

Lukaku certainly had a poor touch and was less mobile at Everton. His teamwork and touch have certainly improve under Jose this year.

jayo26 wrote: »
    But he is coming on at the end of games when they are tired I bet he wouldn't do it from the start............ Oh wait he did.

He has had an unreal start to the season keep that up we have a good chance of top four.

In fairness, I want to see him do it against a better team first before I fully get on board the train again. CSKA were dreadful last night and if not for their keeper should have lost by 7 or 8.

We've got a couple of games before we face a proper big team, though, right? Spurs at Halloween?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lord TSC wrote: »

We've got a couple of games before we face a proper big team, though, right? Spurs at Halloween?

Lol, even TSC is getting in on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement