Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    We are so lucky to have Kane and lukaku and morata in the same league and all not even reached their peak yet hopefully they stay in the league for years to come.

La liga still have the best strikers though, ronaldo suarez benzema messi all a level ahead although aguero and kane are just a level off that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I just can't decide who is the better player or who will have the better career between Martial and Rashford. One week I'm convinced it's one then the next week it's the other. Suffice to say this week it's Tony M.

Jayop wrote: »
    I just can't decide who is the better player or who will have the better career between Martial and Rashford. One week I'm convinced it's one then the next week it's the other. Suffice to say this week it's Tony M.

2 of them are brilliant, love watching them both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rashford is better defensively than Martial but Martial is more clinical in attack.

3/5 at back works for Martial as he doesn't have to get back as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Martial is the better player easily imo. Rashford has the pace but Martial has that and the skill to beat players. A better finisher too. Get him on the ball consistently and good things happen. Drifting out of games is a problem that he could improve on but that's also a general tactical deficiency if you are playing him and not getting him involved in positions he can make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lol, even TSC is getting in on it.

What you on about???? :)

Liam O wrote: »
    Martial is the better player easily imo. Rashford has the pace but Martial has that and the skill to beat players. A better finisher too. Get him on the ball consistently and good things happen. Drifting out of games is a problem that he could improve on but that's also a general tactical deficiency if you are playing him and not getting him involved in positions he can make a difference.

Don't forger martial is two years the older which makes a massive difference at this level. Martial is the better finisher when they have more time in a one on one but Marcus is better from distance or taking a snap shot. Marcus has probably a little more pace and he's got plenty of skill to beat a player too although martial is probably trickier. Rashford definitely more reliable defensively.

Very little in it and given the manager seems to prefer Rashford at the moment I'd say it's far from as clear as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Martial has scored or assisted ten times this season. He managed a combined 19 in the entire of last, so even with his limited game time starting off, he has come on massively, stats wise, this season.

He has 30 goals and 24 assists in 99 games for us.

If he plays against Palace at the weekend, it will be his 100th game :)

Are you not concerned that he will bankrupt the club though?!
    Utd are paying Monaco 2 million for each goal he scores according to Dunphy last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

A lot of fans would have been content with a draw yesterday with the injuries, and instead we go out and thrash them.

So far this season we are back to playing great football and becoming a team others are afraid to come up against, something we drifted away from over the last few seasons.

Now we should definitely be expecting a win against Palace, then sit back hope internationals are kind for us and it's the big one!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    A lot of fans would have been content with a draw yesterday with the injuries, and instead we go out and thrash them.

So far this season we are back to playing great football and becoming a team others are afraid to come up against, something we drifted away from over the last few seasons.

Now we should definitely be expecting a win against Palace, then sit back hope internationals are kind for us and it's the big one!

I'd have taken a draw last night. Away in Russia with a lot of players out. Delighted we whipped them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Definitely enjoying this thread more this season than last.
    Last season... Which one of our underperforming players is most underperforming.
    This season... Which of our two brilliant young forwards is better than the other brilliant young forward.
    Sweeeeeeet.

Definitely enjoying this thread more this season than last.
    Last season... Which one of our underperforming players is most underperforming.
    This season... Which of our two brilliant young forwards is better than the other brilliant young forward.
    Sweeeeeeet.

So you only support us when we happy hun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It makes me giddy that we have both of them to choose from.

sigh, Jones is injured still
    Fellani a doubt
    Martial only taken off as precaution, seems to be ok.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fellani a doubt

Palace have lost every game they've played this season, let in 13 goals while scoring none, and Benteke is now out injured. I'm not worried about being without Jones or Fellaini at all tbh. We could play with no defense and Palace aren't going to score...

The fee for Martial doesn't look as mental anymore. Both are £100m+ players now imo. Hard to know who'll have the better career, doesn't really matter and it's very hard to quantify, hopefully both will be at Utd for a very long time.

Palace have lost every game they've played this season, let in 13 goals while scoring none, and Benteke is now out injured. I'm not worried about being without Jones or Fellaini at all tbh. We could play with no defense and Palace aren't going to score...

Not really sure that's the point, Jones has been excellent this season, has a history of being made of chocolate, and now he's injured again. It's bad news.

We should be beating palace easy enough but i would take a 2-0 victory now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Play the same team as last night imo.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fellani a doubt

I think Jose's quote was:
    “I think Carrick has no chance. I think Jones, I have many doubts, and Fellaini, I have a hope but just a hope.”

I always find it difficult with Jose to determine how much is the truth and how much is just games when he talks to the media, even about players and injuries.

Hopefully doesn't rush any of them back but I honestly won't rule out any of them until I see the starting lineup!

Not really sure that's the point, Jones has been excellent this season, has a history of being made of chocolate, and now he's injured again. It's bad news.

From what I've been seeing online it's simply a knock he was rested for, nothing serious. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the bench and come on against Palace.

I know we will never forget his history of injury but this doesn't appear to be anything serious at all. Obviously it may play on the mind of Jose to be careful in-case him rushing Jones out there making it worse, something I think which hasn't helped him to date.

Jones has been brilliant this season, hopefully he avoids any serious injuries but playing where he does like he does there will be the occasional knock, it's just important that we don't gamble with him when that happens. Where many players would go down and look to come off I think Jones always tries to fight on. Something I love from him but also I think has contributed to his injury problems.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Play the same team as last night imo.

Valencia will start v palace

So you only support us when we happy hun.

Jesus lad, when I started, times were so bad, the LVG years would've seemed like a golden era.

Dave Sexton, you scarred me for life.

Jesus lad, when I started, times were so bad, the LVG years would've seemed like a golden era.

Dave Sexton, you scarred me for life.

Haha thank God I wasn't around them years I'd say this thread was mental ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Lord TSC wrote:

Well done now you have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Got to love some of the notifications you get off that Fotmob app

A site called "The Gambling Times" is saying Arsenal are keeping an eye on Martial's situation at Utd who is apparently not happy at Utd

A bang in form player is not happy thats a new one

Well done now you have done it.

Were gonna beat them 7-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ancelotti got the sack from Munich, seeing that shows lvg got wayyyyyyy too much time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No fcuking about with Munich, Carlo gets the chop after only 15 months.

No fcuking about with Munich, Carlo gets the chop after only 15 months.

Its been on the cards for the last few months. Last night was the final nail in the coffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd genuinely expect 6-0 against Palace minimum. TFM has been one of their better defenders and wont be playing against us so they are weaker than ever defensively. They literally have no striker.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'd genuinely expect 6-0 against Palace minimum. TFM has been one of their better defenders and wont be playing against us so they are weaker than ever defensively. They literally have no striker.

Against a team that is fighting for their lives and us just back from a trip to moscow, that is being very optimistic

bangkok wrote: »
    Against a team that is fighting for their lives and us just back from a trip to moscow, that is being very optimistic

Agree we should be beating them but it won't be as straight forward as people think.

Hococop wrote: »
    Ancelotti got the sack from Munich, seeing that shows lvg got wayyyyyyy too much time

Crazy to think.

Won the league by 15 points last season, hasn't started great this season but only 3 points off the top, and have only lost 1 game in the league.
    I know they got bet convincingly by PSG but still very surprising to see them sack him.

I'm a big fan of giving managers time, don't like sacking managers right at the beginning of the season unless it has completely fallen apart. Moyes I was disappointed at first when sacked, looking back probably just wanted to believe he was good enough but he was let go towards the end of the season. LVG brought silverware but the football was dreadful and again the decision was during the latter phase of the season.

When Chelsea sacked Jose the summer after he won the title it wasn't too much of a shock with the poor form and him losing the dressing room but surely this sacking has to be a surprise.

I know Bayern are disappointed but it's hardly been a complete disaster of a start. They've played 10 games this season, lost 2 and won 7.
    Sorry if I've strayed off topic but I find it all a bit mad.

I'm hoping they struggle with the new manager coming in and end up slipping up in the CL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm hoping they struggle with the new manager coming in and end up slipping up in the CL!

They're on course to finish 3rd, drop to the EL and hammer Arsenal 7-0 again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    Lukaku
    He is brilliant
    We love him
    He scores goals
    Lukaku

Instant hit

Anyone singing my song today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Were gonna beat them 7-0

Oh ffs TSC you've jinxed it now, expect us to win by only 4-0 now :(

Anyone singing my song today?

It's been stuck in my head for days

It's been stuck in my head for days

to the tune of ???

:)

to the tune of ???

:)

Bizarrely similar to this!

Not as free flowing but in my head haha

astradave wrote: »
    Oh ffs TSC you've jinxed it now, expect us to win by only 4-0 now :(

Lukaku will score 5 of the goals in our now 9-0 win.

Every time some one accuses me of jinxing it, I'm gonna go further :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sorry to be a pessimistic but most I can see us winning by is 12-0

Sorry to be a pessimistic but most I can see us winning by is 12-0

hey x x x

Haha thank God I wasn't around them years I'd say this thread was mental ;)

Only difference between then and now, is that keyboard warriors don't slur their words the way barstool warriors used to.

Lukaku triple captain in fantasy football all while jose rests him and he comes on for last 15min and gets booked. Utd win 3-0 rashford martial and mata all score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think Palace will probably be hard work unless there is an early breakthrough. Hodgson will have had a couple of weeks with them now and the gameplan will be everybody sit at the edge of our own box and frustrate the **** out of this lot. When Pogba is out for those kind of matches I worry a little.

I think we win, but I don't think its a procession.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I still think we go for Greizmann but hes a left winger/attacking midfielder/second striker.

We dont play with a second striker, Rashford/Martial are really nailing the LW slot between themselves. Lukaku has the main striker spot sown up for a fair few years. Where would we slot Greizmann?

Maybe LW but Rashford/Martial doing too good to be dropped/relegated behind Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    I still think we go for Greizmann but hes a left winger/attacking midfielder/second striker.

We dont play with a second striker, Rashford/Martial are really nailing the LW slot between themselves. Lukaku has the main striker spot sown up for a fair few years. Where would we slot Greizmann?

Maybe LW but Rashford/Martial doing too good to be dropped/relegated behind Lukaku.

Greizmann plays from the right, like he might start as an AM or. SS but he will always drift out onto the right and cut in. Starts on the RW too

astradave wrote: »
    Greizmann plays from the right, like he might start as an AM or. SS but he will always drift out onto the right and cut in. Starts on the RW too

Bollox haha what made me think he was LW haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mendy out with a ruptured acl, just like he called our Castles for saying city were concerned that's what it was.

If we don't win at least 19-0 on Saturday, I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.

I'm already a bit concerned about a potential crisis looming with the 2 recent 4-1 results. I cannot believe that this is not being talked about more.

#Headsinthesand

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement