Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hococop wrote: »
    Just landed in Amsterdam for a friend's stag, 26 of us....... please pray for me haha

Well done you had one job and you were successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well done you had one job and you were successful.

Hococop was driving taxi obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The "pray for me" was obviously saying start a post on Facebook to get a million likes as that will cure his injuries caused by the car accident

astradave wrote: »
    The "pray for me" was obviously saying start a post on Facebook to get a million likes as that will cure his injuries caused by the car accident

I've read this 10 times and I haven't a clue what it means ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep me too I'd pick jesus best scoring ratio of all time in premier league :) seriously tho he is going to be world class.
    I definitely think he'll be world class too.

It's good news for us that's Aguero's out but rivalry aside, I hope Aguero broke his legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

We the sky ireland game tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

markc91 wrote: »
    We the sky ireland game tomorrow?

Ya, Sky Ireland Premier League Main Event Football channel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hate playing a team in awful form , they usually show up against us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

bangkok wrote: »
    He is a much better striker than jesus. Jesus may run more but in a one on one situation there is no one better than aguero in the league

One on one I'd say Martial, but Aguero is definitely the best striker in the league when fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Palace best player loftus cheek out of tomorrows game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just to add to the jinxing, I'd love to slaughter Palace tomorrow.

I know that in the grand scheme of things it would mean too much to batter a side in their horrible form and with the problems they have ahead of the game, but it's just such fun!

I remember the Ipswich 9-0. Glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Palace best player loftus cheek out of tomorrows game

Both loanees and both strikers out for them. Dunno why some people seem fearful. They are even more depleted than usual this season, and a full strength palace havent exactly been competent.

It's good news for us that's Aguero's out but rivalry aside, I hope Aguero broke his legs.

Ah stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ugh. Get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I am Duncan

I am Spartacus

I've read this 10 times and I haven't a clue what it means ha

Facebook likes = cure for cancer/ any illness

Terrible joke tbf haha

astradave wrote: »
    Facebook likes = cure for cancer/ any illness

Terrible joke tbf haha

Oh no it was brilliant ;)

Oh no it was brilliant ;)

Then why the **** didn't you thank it

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Hococop wrote: »
    Hate playing a team in awful form , they usually show up against us

They do indeed, we have seen it time and time again.

But I'll say the same thing I said before the CSKA and Burton games, if there is anything about this United team at all then they need to go out and give Palace a hammering. No excuses, no hard luck stories about missed chances or fluky goals conceded, considering the form of both if this isn't an easy United win then they may as well pack it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ah stop
    Jayop wrote: »
    Ugh. Get a grip.
    Lighten up lads. I wasn't being serious or can't you tell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Phases of fan logic:

1. I'll take a win even if we play like muck.

2. We won, but we played muck; won't be good enough against the top teams.

3. We won 3-0, but they're mid table and we left 4 clear chances unfinished. Not good enough.

4. We won against a top 4 side. Not the league leaders though. They're chokers anyway.

5. Haven't won the Champions League yet, therefore not good enough.

I'll take a few ugly wins in the first couple of months. I've yet to see a team start the season flying and maintain that form for the next 30 games. Workmanlike like wins early days and get through the group stages in the champions league and hopefully save their best form for the new year and I'll be more than happy

Well theres a bad start to the weekend, pogba injury is long term like zlatan and rojo!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well theres a bad start to the weekend, pogba injury is long term like zlatan and rojo!! :(

My understanding of his comment is that Pogba isn't going to be back in training this week, so Jose has no hope of seeing him in the immediate future (like a couple of other players, like Jones).

I don't think he means long term like near a season out like the time frames of Rojo or Ibra. I think long term in this context is meaning simple no chance of him being in training in the next week. I would imagine a month or so, but i don't think Jose's comments should be taken to mean longer than that - unless he further clarifies that is what he ment. I would guess the print papers might get further news on that.

Lighten up lads. I wasn't being serious or can't you tell?

No

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    One on one I'd say Martial, but Aguero is definitely the best striker in the league when fit.

If martial was better in a one on one situation he would be our no1 striker and would be world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I think your clutching at straws there. The lack of updates has me worried. I think this could be a similar time on sidelines as Dembélé at Barcelona. But, I'd be surprised if it was the same recovery length as Rojo and Ibra. I'd love to think Jose is playing it up because of the international break, but I doubt it. This is very bad news, and could have serious implications for a title challenge. I just hope he can come back for the business end of the season, before the champions league knockout stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He's not even the best striker in his own team any more.

He's a loss, sure, but not as big a one as ajesus would be tbh

Now that's a contraversial comment.

Saying that a team with title aspirations losing the best striker in the league, not being a big loss?

I'll never understand how as a collective people watching the PL can just completely forget, or underrate Aguero. Guilty of it myself sometimes.

Kane and Lukaku etc. are all trying to emulate the standards Aguero has set, being the best striker in the PL for about 5 seasons now, and for me the undisputed best since Henry.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Now that's a contraversial comment.

Saying that a team with title aspirations losing the best striker in the league, not being a big loss?

I'll never understand how as a collective people watching the PL can just completely forget, or underrate Aguero. Guilty of it myself sometimes.

Kane and Lukaku etc. are all trying to emulate the standards Aguero has set, being the best striker in the PL for about 5 seasons now, and for me the undisputed best since Henry.

Without doubt. Jesus has a long way to go to be even in the same bracket as aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Pogba injury, as bad it is for us, it probably couldnt have happpened at a better time all things considering.

We play a weak palace team 2mrw

International break the week after

I'd think he'd back at least training after that. Of course would be better if he didnt get injured at all

My understanding of his comment is that Pogba isn't going to be back in training this week, so Jose has no hope of seeing him in the immediate future (like a couple of other players, like Jones).

I don't think he means long term like near a season out like the time frames of Rojo or Ibra. I think long term in this context is meaning simple no chance of him being in training in the next week. I would imagine a month or so, but i don't think Jose's comments should be taken to mean longer than that - unless he further clarifies that is what he ment. I would guess the print papers might get further news on that.

ara ****e when did jones get injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ok I'm not sure what way my comment went earlier, I think ye related it to the aguero incident, I did not mean it that way,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

He picked up a knock in his last game. Nothing too serious but Jose said he "doubts" he will play.

As I said before hard with Jose at times, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jones on the bench.

Phil will pick up knocks with his style of defending, the key is to make sure he doesn't try to continue playing with one and make it worse. If he can avoid serious injuries he will be key to this campaign.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I think your clutching at straws there. The lack of updates has me worried. I think this could be a similar time on sidelines as Dembélé at Barcelona. But, I'd be surprised if it was the same recovery length as Rojo and Ibra. I'd love to think Jose is playing it up because of the international break, but I doubt it. This is very bad news, and could have serious implications for a title challenge. I just hope he can come back for the business end of the season, before the champions league knockout stages.

What are you basing that on though, apart from Jose's use of long term this afternoon?

For context, this is what he said (pic is in twitter, i'm not transcribing it!)

https://twitter.com/Doc_Joshi/status/913754295388000256

To me that reads there are two basic groups.

One in which players will be available in the next week or so - and then the rest.

Pogba is in the latter group, but that doesn't mean he is out til the new year. Could be end of October, and still be relevant for the long term category Jose might be implying here.

Of course we could also be simply disagreeing with what is considered a long term injury. If he is back end of October I wouldn't consider it long term - he would need to be out until December for me to consider it long term.

I'm not saying I expect him back for the next game, but I don't think Jose putting him in the long term bracket is actually putting him out for a long time. I think, right now, it could simply mean Jose isn't hopeful of seeing him in training in the immediate future.

I take Phil's "injury" with a pinch of truth. If we were playing City/Chelsea/Spurs I doubt it'd be mentioned. Its probably a mild knock and considering its Palace he can sit this out. This would be a great game for Lindelöf to debut in.

On second thoughts regarding Jones.

He was recently named on the England squad for the internationals. Now by all reports it wasn't anything serious, am I being paranoid or is there a chance Jose will not even put him on the squad versus Palace, then argue he isn't fit enough yet so he avoids international duty and is fresh for the big game against Liverpool....

...I think I need to have a lie down.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    On second thoughts regarding Jones.

He was recently named on the England squad for the internationals. Now by all reports it wasn't anything serious, am I being paranoid or is there a chance Jose will not even put him on the squad versus Palace, then argue he isn't fit enough yet so he avoids international duty and is fresh for the big game against Liverpool....

...I think I need to have a lie down.

National sides can call players to international duty and have them assessed by their own medical team - to stop just this type of thing happening.

For a player to miss a game through injury, the national side would have to be convinced the player is actually injured. Of course they can just decide to believe United, but if United start acting in such a way that makes England (or whomever) question their position on any players injury then things will just get more awkward for the club.

National sides can call players to international duty and have them assessed by their own medical team - to stop just this type of thing happening.

For a player to miss a game through injury, the national side would have to be convinced the player is actually injured. Of course they can just decide to believe United, but if United start acting in such a way that makes England (or whomever) question their position on any players injury then things will just get more awkward for the club.

Perfect! Wouldn't take much convincing to tell them Jones is injured anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Three things guaranteed in this life. Death, taxes and Jones being injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jones is always injured, its his default state. He's like the hulk really, thats his secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

pjohnson wrote: »
    I take Phil's "injury" with a pinch of truth. If we were playing City/Chelsea/Spurs I doubt it'd be mentioned. Its probably a mild knock and considering its Palace he can sit this out. This would be a great game for Lindelöf to debut in.

Didn't Jose say a good few weeks ago that Jones has an ankle issue that they have to "Manage" - it could have flared up badly and they don't want to risk it, or view that a week or two rest may get him back to being able to play with it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Disappointed to see pogba out. He slows everything down. Are we mature enough on here to see him as still as a player in development or are we to naive.

Classic late night niallo27

adox wrote: »
    Three things guaranteed in this life. Death, taxes and Jones being injured by Smalling

Fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

niallo27 wrote: »
    Disappointed to see pogba out. He slows everything down. Are we mature enough on here to see him as still as a player in development or are we to naive.

1386.gif

What substances led to this?

giphy_3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

pjohnson wrote: »
    What substances led to this?

Has to be be Ketamine to go with such horse sh1te

:)

https://twitter.com/FootballFunnys/status/914009921611497472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Apologies i was very drunk.

• Advertisement

Apologies i was very drunk.

You really didn't need to confirm it niallo :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement