Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How did your buddy Marouane Fellani do??

A lovely knee/shin finish and a solid 20mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    A lovely knee/shin finish and a solid 20mins

Welloff_Peaceful_Aurochs-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah, 30 years ago or not. Definitely.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Just on what henry said about lukakus movement last week, have to agree, his movement was very poor today. He needs to improve that big time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

How many handshakes does this guy have :P

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/901517974410059776

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the more I see pogba the more I think his fee was actually low. he is immense at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not going to get anything for €40 million these days

Yeah, only a Matic, no good :P

I believe that was £40 million, different currency 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

useless wrote: »
    No getting carried away folks. Remember 85-86- 10 game winning streak, 15 game unbeaten run, all went south after Christmas & ended with a fourth place finish.

Zlatan is our new year saviour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Shout out to Harry Mcguire today. Thought he was immense. He was good at hull but leicster for 17 mil is a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Watching Blind today was painful at times. I like Blind, he's a great squad player to have but he's far from being good enough to be a LB for us.

At times he was slow to help Martial out and then tracking back, you could see huge spaces left on his side.

We need a fit 100% Shaw back or a new LB to really drive for that PL title

We also need that winger to unlock the defensive teams we saw today.

Degea never struck me as a handshake kinda guy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Degea never struck me as a handshake kinda guy

Pogba seems to be that guy who makes sure everyone is happy and feels part of the cool club. His off the field presence, the way other players seem to adore him, makes me think he'll be a perfect fit for captain sooner rather than latter.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba seems to be that guy who makes sure everyone is happy and feels part of the cool club. His off the field presence, the way other players seem to adore him, makes me think he'll be a perfect fit for captain sooner rather than latter.

I can see the plus and negatives of him been captain he is probably the most talented player in the squad without a doubt and I think he is fantastic but I don't think he is the type of player that would drive a team on when we are under pressure.

I don't mean that in a negative way about him he is a flair player and a player that does stuff most others can't do but if we are getting overun by a team is he the type of player that's gonna calm everyone down and lead from the front or is he the guy that's going to try long shots and get frustrated it's not going the teams way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

New Phil face :D

nPibOBl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

How many handshakes does this guy have :P

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/901517974410059776

My favorite one yet, clean and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Wouldn't think Aguero too happy with being dropped today :)
    Deadline day looming..wonder what of the mooted big transfers will get done?
    City may still go big on Sanchez, Perisic for us, Barkley, Drinkwater and Ox to Chelsea..Mahrez to ??

Jones was again excellent today too. Just worth mentioning.

2 weeks now before Stoke away. Looking forward to that and hopefully we can keep this fine run going.

Jayop wrote: »
    Jones was again excellent today too. Just worth mentioning.

2 weeks now before Stoke away. Looking forward to that and hopefully we can keep this fine run going.

Every year is the same I hate this international break it's the worst of them all thankfully I'm away next weekend with the golf society I won't miss no games been on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Every year is the same I hate this international break it's the worst of them all thankfully I'm away next weekend with the golf society I won't miss no games been on.

Oh look at me
    I play golf....
    I have friends away from boards....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

OOOOOOH GOLF FRIENDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

brinty wrote: »
    Oh look at me

490938f7d922321fa975e80f86de0aff--comedy-quotes-comedy-films.jpg

Oh look at me
    I play golf....

Oh look at brinty he is a tit.....

;)

Oh look at brinty he is a tit.....

;)

What time are we teeing off anyways mate
    Do you need the cart 🛒 for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I can see the plus and negatives of him been captain he is probably the most talented player in the squad without a doubt and I think he is fantastic but I don't think he is the type of player that would drive a team on when we are under pressure.

I don't mean that in a negative way about him he is a flair player and a player that does stuff most others can't do but if we are getting overun by a team is he the type of player that's gonna calm everyone down and lead from the front or is he the guy that's going to try long shots and get frustrated it's not going the teams way.

Kinda showed today, first half he was all over the place taking responsibilty.
    Second to be fair he was kind if invisible for a bit. Not saying he had a **** game just went away a bit second half.

DDG would be my choice of a captain, then after a few years hand it to bailly.

De gea pulls of saves which wins you games and the keeper can often be overlooked at times

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Kinda showed today, first half he was all over the place taking responsibilty.
    Second to be fair he was kind if invisible for a bit. Not saying he had a **** game just went away a bit second half.

DDG would be my choice of a captain, then after a few years hand it to bailly.

De gea pulls of saves which wins you games and the keeper can often be overlooked at times

No I agree it's not a criticism to say he ain't captain material he is worth more to the team with no responsibility in my opinion.

I think Bailey be a great captain at the moment we don't have anyone else that would be a regular starter and captain material I would of said Ander but he ain't going to be playing every game now by looks of it and hasn't signed a new contract either.

What time are we teeing off anyways mate
    Do you need the cart 🛒 for it

I don't tee off that often mate haha it's the local pub society I pay up my membership ever year and go on a few outings just do enough so I can go on the pissup once a year haha it does be good session.

No I agree it's not a criticism to say he ain't captain material he is worth more to the team with no responsibility in my opinion.

I think Bailey be a great captain at the moment we don't have anyone else that would be a regular starter and captain material I would of said Ander but he ain't going to be playing every game now by looks of it and hasn't signed a new contract either.

Crazy idea perhaps
    Captain 👩*✈️ #Nemanja the second

Crazy idea perhaps
    Captain 👩*✈️ #Nemanja the second

Not as crazy as staying up for this boxing haha

• Advertisement

Not as crazy as staying up for this boxing haha

I'm with you to the end buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Feckin hate boxing.

But I can't not watch this. Total car crash TV.

Me and you brinty ya big tit. I'm cheering for the man United fan..

Me and you brinty ya bit tit. I'm cheering for the man United fan..

Me too
    Cmon the M guy

Me too
    Cmon the M guy

He like the Jamie vardy of mma :)

He like the Jamie vardy of mma :)

Yep can't score on the big stage...
    all that money 💰 but pillows for hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Good morning shadys and mental men.Normally if I'm up at this hour on a Saturday night,I'm pissed but tonight I just set the alarm.
    Golf for me next weekend too,I forgot it was the international break and there was me worrying that I might miss a United game.

Ahh your not hard-core to stay awake zerks

Ahh your not hard-core to stay awake zerks

Too sensible ;):)

Just in from work and I'm going to hunt for the PPV now. Did I miss anything exciting on the undercard?

Just in from work and I'm going to hunt for the PPV now. Did I miss anything exciting on the undercard?

Not really pal second fight was decent and last one there now was one sideded. I dont wanna say too much incase of spoilers for the morning fans.

• Advertisement

Not really pal second fight was decent and last one there now was one sideded. I dont wanna say too much incase of spoilers for the morning fans.

Say nothing then about McGregor roundhousing Floyd and then fly kicking the ref.

Heuston we have a problem!

Had an oh no moment,up and running again now.

In football news,I see Leicester want Smalling.

zerks wrote: »
    Had an oh no moment,up and running again now.

In football news,I see Leicester want Smalling.

I made a sneaky edit there. Ssshhhhh

They can go and ****e.

Say nothing then about McGregor roundhousing Floyd and then fly kicking the ref.

I did a wacky bet of floyd been knocked down and mcgregor having a point deducted and Floyd winning on points if that comes off the entire boards will know spoiler or not no fcks will be given.

Wait what edit did i miss ffs

Can we just discuss the fight in here? Not sure I can deal with the lads in the other threads.

Can we just discuss the fight in here? Not sure I can deal with the lads in the other threads.

I don't think we allowed but I tried to wander into The boxing threads on here before it didn't go well.

Can we just create a thread ourselves for soccer people and allow them delete it in morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

McGregor enunciating in the interview was soooo cringe.

The fight thread is going down the toilet due to asshats with new/re reg accounts polluting it with talk about doxxing.
    We are safe here,the lads who log in at a sensible hour and read back will wonder if they are in the right thread.:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement