Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What a start to the season.

Getting 19 from 21 available points and a goal difference of +19

pVGLv.gif

And outscoring "the best attacking team in the league" by some margin at that.

Viva Joseball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

And outscoring "the best attacking team in the WORLD" by some margin at that.

Viva Joseball!

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Martial makes Townsend literally facepalm...

https://streamable.com/ppq81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    Jesus lads is Bangkok OK
    He must be rocking back and forth in a corner foaming at the mouth right now
    Well done Fellaini,never his biggest fan but he's been brilliant recently
    Tip of my hat to the big man

He was excellent today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

And outscoring "the best attacking team in the league" by some margin at that.

Viva Joseball!

It’s common knowledge that Liverpool have the best attack in the league, despite scoring 9 less goals than us.

Sooner pogba back the better though. Big games coming up, need our best players on the pitch

J. Marston wrote: »

Wow, I missed that and the last 20 minutes.

Martial turned him into Reek there.

Not often you see chelsea getting totally dominated at stamford bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    Sooner pogba back the better though. Big games coming up, need our best players on the pitch

Still 3 weeks to the Huddersfield game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Not often you see chelsea getting totally dominated at stamford bridge.

It's worrying. This is arguably City's most difficult league fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Not worrying at all. Both side have been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Howd we do today lads, i missed the match today. Good to see fellani getting motm. Another 4/0 win is savage. Were getting those 3 points and scoring goals galore. Such a better feeling these days.

Hopeing Chelsea can pull 1 back now

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Not worrying at all. Both side have been poor.

City have been class. Nearly 70% possession at stamford bridge while missing aguero and mendy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Only seen the 2nd half but it was such a stroll so good to see the difference from last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Didnt see any of the match today was in work but another 4-0 crazy stuff compared to last season :D.

Saying that i honestly feel the goals and form this season will all be worth nothing to me if we dont beat that shower after the intentional break.

A 4-0 against them jesus i dunno what id do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Didnt see any of the match today was in work but another 4-0 crazy stuff compared to last season :D.

Saying that i honestly feel the goals and form this season will all be worth nothing to me if we dont beat that shower after the intentional break.

A 4-0 against them jesus i dunno what id do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jose watching the match making preparations for our game against city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

City have been class. Nearly 70% possession at stamford bridge while missing aguero and mendy

2nd half that's about it. Possession is nothing as we all know.

Morata also went off for Chelsea. Neither side were impressive today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I dunno would Jose be worried. Even before Morata came off Chelsea were awful. Hazard and Morata both ended up isolated with no midfield support, another Alonso was screaming for the ball but he wasn't picked out. Chelsea have been remarkably wasteful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Chelsea were as flat as anything. Gave City too much time on the ball and took too much time when they did have it. Got it tactically wrong too.

City totally dominated the whole game though, without playing too well.

It’s bizzare that Chelsea set up like that. The one weakness in the City team is their defending and they had very little of that to do with a large helping hand from Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

I predict Swansea away in December will be a more difficult game than tonight.

Chelsea were rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Chelsea had a tough midweek game in Atletico. Maybe the lacklustre performance is down to that as last season they had fresh legs in every game. I’m happy to leave the other teams behind and fight it out with City instead of having 3 or 4 teams all on similar points at the top. Hopefully Spurs and Chelsea fall further behind over the next 5 games and we can get out in front with City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

J. Marston wrote: »

Off to the stands for a hotdog.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    2nd half that's about it. Possession is nothing as we all know.

Morata also went off for Chelsea. Neither side were impressive today.

City had 14 shots compared to chelseas 4 and they dominated the ball. If you dont think they were impressive then i dont know what you would call impressive.

If we go to chelsea and do what city did i would be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

City had 14 shots compared to chelseas 4 and they dominated the ball. If you dont think they were impressive then i dont know what you would call impressive.

If we go to chelsea and do what city did i would be delighted

Chelsea were rubbish, they played 3 at the back, with City playing 1 up front, not one of those Chelsea 2 moved up the field, they sat back marking 1 player while the midfield was completely out numbered.. Chelsea played into Citys hands, we won't and I am sure a lot of other teams will not either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

limnam wrote: »
    I predict Swansea away in December will be a more difficult game than tonight.

Chelsea were rubbish.

I disagree, I think City will beat Swansea away quite easily.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Chelsea are struggling with the fixture list, United have taken advantage of the fixture list, City have done great with theirs and should be favourites at this early stage.

What happens now is about putting yourself in a position to win trophies later in the season.

City are genuinely going be looking at trying to win European Cup. League may fall to the side for them if they push for late stages again.

United and City are still only works in progress. United are not in a strong enough position yet to be sure a title challenge will carry through to end of the season while city are not sure of ability to keep going strong in league and europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We're doing great but I'm fairness city have already played and beat two of the top four from last year.

Jayop wrote: »
    We're doing great but I'm fairness city have already played and beat two of the top four from last year.

We'll beat em all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Very little we can do about how others are doing in games not involving us. The team is playing decent stuff, scoring goals from an abundance of sources, a lot of players in form, signings making a huge impact.
    And for the first time in ages, we can be really positive.
    Life's good. Enjoy it.

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    We'll beat em all ;)

I'd be pretty confident we'll get a result against Liverpool and if we do it'll be a big statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its such a wonderful feeling to be coming home from work each week looking forward to MOTD.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Just watched the highlights.
    Young with another assist today, cant argue the fact he's done well since called upon.
    He's a guaranteed starter for me these days. Brilliant attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'd be pretty confident we'll get a result against Liverpool and if we do it'll be a big statement.

It will be interesting what tactics Jose will employ. I think he knows if he goes for it Liverpool will tear them apart so I think it will be a defensive job and hope for a set piece goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

niallo27 wrote: »
    It will be interesting what tactics Jose will employ. I think he knows if he goes for it Liverpool will tear them apart so I think it will be a defensive job and hope for a set piece goal.

you think? They score 2, we'll score 4, their defense is a joke, will rip them to pieces

scudzilla wrote: »
    you think? They score 2, we'll score 4, their defense is a joke, will rip them to pieces

Espically with their rotation of keepers

Conte talks about playing 3 games in 7 days in September and I bet no one will accuse him of talking nonsense about player fatigue.

Problem is... he (and Jose) are right, it makes a difference, and it makes a difference when its a hard game against Atletico as a middle game.

There you go with the MOTD commentator mentioning Jose having issues with the fixture list as the teams are shaking hands. But saying it like a passive aggressive comment.

I’m on a rant here tonight but I’m seeing tweets earlier from respected journalists about Pep and his magical powers playing a central midfielder (Delph) at left back yet Jose plays Young (a winger/wide forward) at left back and........ nothing.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Conte talks about playing 3 games in 7 days in September and I bet no one will accuse him of talking nonsense about player fatigue.

Problem is... he (and Jose) are right, it makes a difference, and it makes a difference when its a hard game against Atletico as a middle game.

There you go with the MOTD commentator mentioning Jose having issues with the fixture list as the teams are shaking hands. But saying it like a passive aggressive comment.

It is an issue and its one he managers have to get on with, if clubs want to challenge in more than one competition.

Its why last weekend United went defensive to try and manage a busy week. It worked out, last season it didn't always work out.

Game management is also why he keeps picking Mata and Miki, its safer but worth it as they will work hard and both have Magic in them. Miki and to a certain degree are like how he used Sneijder back in the day to set the tone up front, force mistakes, cause the opposition to be uncomfortable.

Miki is loose at times with the ball, but off it he is taking up great positions and when the opposition have it he is working for the team. Mata does the same.

DM_7 wrote: »
    both have Magic in him.

:) is this a Matic spell check error? It’s happened so much I just assume magic means Matic now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Young has been unbelievable since coming in, talk of him leaving in the Winter window should now be put to bed.

Fellaini too, two players who looked to be out, or have one foot out the door in the summer should absolutely stay.

Excellent use of a squad, and man management by Mourinho.

Great stuff.

We'll be defensive because it's the smart way to play against you. You're guaranteed that Liverpool will cough up chances so let you have possession and hit you on the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We'll be defensive because it's the smart way to play against you. You're guaranteed that Liverpool will cough up chances so let you have possession and hit you on the break.

But can utd play like that effectively it will be an interesting game. It will be a true reflection on where this utd team are really at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

"tear apart" aye right.

Jesus wept.

But can utd play like that effectively it will be an interesting game. It will be a true reflection on where this utd team are really at.

1 game, 90 minutes of football will be a true reflection of where a club is at? A club which is rebuilding for the last 16 months. Nonsense

Its always going to be that way with us. Those guys just need a stick to beat us with, as there past players we've played against and beat.
    Its the same with rte panel on a champions league nte. Has to critisize us for anything.

Our first champions league game the rte panel tried to rip apart pogba for going out wide to recieve a pass. Literally one clip and the lad played for 25mins before going off injured.

Thesr are thr same people who called ronaldo ****e and a show poney when first at united. Now they jizz all over him.

Standards of punditry is ****e these days. Neville and Carragher have a debate thats at least cohesive.
    Shearer, brady, dunphy and the great richie saddler ( scored in the u21's quater final against **** knows) can piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I’m on a rant here tonight but I’m seeing tweets earlier from respected journalists about Pep and his magical powers playing a central midfielder (Delph) at left back yet Jose plays Young (a winger/wide forward) at left back and........ nothing.

It's always going to be like that with the media where Pep is concerned.
    Right now when he's top of the league and cruising he's an affable and accommodating post match interviewee, last season the toys were coming out of the pram from Pep every second week.
    Realistically the results City are getting now should be the minimum expectation after the investment that has been sunk into that club and Pep should be producing at minimum that level of performance, but Pep being Pep (habitually in the right place at he right time in terms of his managerial appointments) will be heralded as a genius. Sure he's had the most talented group of players of their generation at Barcelona and then moved on to take the helm of the all powerful and conquering hegemony of Bayern Munich before moving onto the biggest spending side in world football (PSG's recent form notwithstanding), Pep will always have the air of a managerial savant even though if you look close enough you should see that emperor isn't wearing any clothes, it doesn't matter because with Pep it's largely about perception.

A domestically successful Pep in an era of English sides struggling in the champions league would doubtless be seen as a potential return to footballs top table for English club football which is something the media are keen to nurture, I'd say we can look forward to even more fawning over Pep as long as City maintain their performance level of late.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    It's always going to be like that with the media where Pep is concerned.
    Right now when he's top of the league and cruising he's an affable and accommodating post match interviewee, last season the toys were coming out of the pram from Pep every second week.
    Realistically the results City are getting now should be the minimum expectation after the investment that has been sunk into that club and Pep should be producing at minimum that level of performance, but Pep being Pep (habitually in the right place at he right time in terms of his managerial appointments) will be heralded as a genius. Sure he's had the most talented group of players of their generation at Barcelona and then moved on to take the helm of the all powerful and conquering hegemony of Bayern Munich before moving onto the biggest spending side in world football (PSG's recent form notwithstanding), Pep will always have the air of a managerial savant even though if you look close enough you should see that emperor isn't wearing any clothes, it doesn't matter because with Pep it's largely about perception.

A domestically successful Pep in an era of English sides struggling in the champions league would doubtless be seen as a potential return to footballs top table for English club football which is something the media are keen to nurture, I'd say we can look forward to even more fawning over Pep as long as City maintain their performance level of late.

The funny thing is, mendy out for what looks like the season, media asked him whats the plan.
    His response 'i'll just buy another player in janurary'

If that was jose, even arsen media would be a over that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

genuinely laughed as hard as ive had in a long time at this, am still laughing. it'll be a tight game as always neither team will be doing any tearing apart ffs.

• Advertisement

:) is this a Matic spell check error? It’s happened so much I just assume magic means Matic now.

I meant they both (Mata and Miki) have some magic, can create something, score a goal while also do a lot without the ball for the team/gameplan.

But yes, Magic and Matic are almost interchangable words now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement