Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

I disagree, I think City will beat Swansea away quite easily.

You should be a millionaire with your insight into the results 3 months away.

They didn't beat them so easily at _home_ last year.

When the cold snap came in last year, between oct-jan

beat by spurs/leiciester/chelsea/liverpool/everton (4-0!)

They drew with everton/southampton/midboro/spurs

They had a fairly similar start last year and everyone was foaming at the mouth only for them to fall apart during the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

City are the team to beat, make no mistake about it. Whoever finishes above city wins the league imo

What I find hilarious is Liverpool haven't exactly been "tearing it apart" for well over a month.

They couldn't even tear up a sub par Russian side

Only two teams doing the tearing at the moment and that's Utd & City, maybe Spurs as a third

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

niallo27 wrote: »
    It will be interesting what tactics Jose will employ. I think he knows if he goes for it Liverpool will tear them apart so I think it will be a defensive job and hope for a set piece goal.

So much ammo.... must not water the gremlin

😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It will be interesting what tactics Jose will employ. I think he knows if he goes for it Liverpool will tear them apart so I think it will be a defensive job and hope for a set piece goal.

The post you made last night when you were mad drunk wasn't as stupid as this :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yabadabado wrote: »
    The post you made last night when you were mad drunk wasn't as stupid as this :o

Ahh leave poor Niallo alone.

He just gets scared, confused and angry when a team can deploy more than one way of playing a game or can adapt styles to counter their opponents weaknesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ye have a goal difference of 1 ffs lol

the only tearing ye will do will be tearing sheets of toilet paper to clean your arses after we have our way and bend ye over......

Jose in dressing room...
    ok so begin by bending your opponent over
    grease them up or go in dry that's your personal choice
    enter and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

limnam wrote: »
    You should be a millionaire with your insight into the results 3 months away.

They didn't beat them so easily at _home_ last year.

When the cold snap came in last year, between oct-jan

beat by spurs/leiciester/chelsea/liverpool/everton (4-0!)

They drew with everton/southampton/midboro/spurs

They had a fairly similar start last year and everyone was foaming at the mouth only for them to fall apart during the winter.

Gas. You predict a a difficult game for City in 3 months time, I disagree and predict an easy one then you have a petty pop at me for my "insight into results 3 months away". Grow up.

They aren't destined to repeat what happened last season. 3 of the teams you named that beat them during the "cold snap" have already failed to beat them this season. 2 of them lost. Perhaps we should pick this up again after the Swansea/City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Just watching match of the day, looked like Bilic was standing on the pitch directing things as West Ham broke to score their goal. No red card in sight .

VW 1 wrote: »
    Just watching match of the day, looked like Bilic was standing on the pitch directing things as West Ham broke to score their goal. No red card in sight .

Conte did the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

"Lads, it's Liverpool"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Selfishly hoping Atletico bomb out of everything in the next couple of months, Griezmann in January to keep the train going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Selfishly hoping Atletico bomb out of everything in the next couple of months, Griezmann in January to keep the train going.

Me too but doubt there’s much hope of it. Unless Griezmann himself pushes for it.

Gotta say though we aren’t really suffering much without him but he would instantly take Mata’s wide right position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anything to be said for this guy, he was great yesterday again. Has thoroughly earned his place in the squad

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/914164236472987648

https://twitter.com/Falmudhaf/status/914186918740529152

:D

Plenty of us have been backers of him tbf

But he took an awful lot of ****e and was scapegoated from rivals and from some of our own fans too

His attitude and versatile attributes cannot be denied

I'm delighted this Utd team has a player like Fellani in the squad

An underrated gem who gives 100% and to his credit is technically underrated also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

the only tearing ye will do will be tearing sheets of toilet paper to clean your arses after we have our way and bend ye over......

Jose in dressing room...
    enter and repeat

WTF :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Benitez with a gem yesterday in relation to 2004-10. "United had £50m more (transfer budget) each year". Even though he outspent United, net and gross, during his tenure. Nice little manager but a very deluded man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'd expect him to start v liverpool. He consistently does a number on them

Gas. You predict a a difficult game for City in 3 months time, I disagree and predict an easy one then you have a petty pop at me for my "insight into results 3 months away". Grow up.

To be fair it was more pointing out how bad chelsea were than what was going to happen in December. I thought it was fairly obvious when I chose Swansea as the tougher game rather than United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs etc
    They aren't destined to repeat what happened last season. 3 of the teams you named that beat them during the "cold snap" have already failed to beat them this season. 2 of them lost. Perhaps we should pick this up again after the Swansea/City game.

It wasn't specifically about the teams, it was about the time of year.

Feel free to get jumped up and offended though.

Lets see how the land lies come Febuary.

Poor Niallo.

Looks like your chemist got in a very strong batch of benlyn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Jose in dressing room...
    enter and repeat

A grown man wrote this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

But can utd play like that effectively it will be an interesting game. It will be a true reflection on where this utd team are really at.
    Can we play like that effectively?

Is that not the way we've been playing for most the season and the results show that it's been incredibly effective.

We now need to see how effective it is against a top 6 team.

Hopefully we'll create a few more chances than we did last year but I expect it to be a similar enough game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Benitez with a gem yesterday in relation to 2004-10. "United had £50m more (transfer budget) each year". Even though he outspent United, net and gross, during his tenure. Nice little manager but a very deluded man

FACTS !!

What a bellend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It's hilarious that that period in his career has traumatized him so much he's still making up false faucts years later. What a whopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m on a rant here tonight but I’m seeing tweets earlier from respected journalists about Pep and his magical powers playing a central midfielder (Delph) at left back yet Jose plays Young (a winger/wide forward) at left back and........ nothing.

What were they even talking about that for? Surely it couldn't be praise for Pep, don't they remember where James Milner spent most of last season playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

429410.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

429410.JPG

That's a lot of football in a 2 week period. We'll definitely use the squad in the league cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Looks like everton did a Spurs on it with the lukaku money so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

429410.JPG

Liverpool and Spurs games will tell us a lot more about our progress under Mourinho. Will he trust the players and play to win the games or revert back and set up not to lose. Somehow I think we will see the latter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

429410.JPG

That's unbelievable we don't play a top club all season until 28th of October that's nearly a third of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's unbelievable we don't play a top club all season until 28th of October that's nearly a third of the season.

Run of away games early on against the smaller ones too so more handy home games 2nd half of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

jayo26 wrote: »

There are another 16 goals for us and 4 clean sheets before we meet Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is there any chance of Pogba being back for Liverpool match?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZtkHV4lOt2/

Can't believe this is 22 years ago today.... I feel like jayo76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

F*****g stupid international break bulls**t, it always seems to come at the wrong time for us and gets in the way of momentum.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I know that it's tiring to see constant b*tching about it but I've never understood the logic of having three international breaks in the first twelve weeks of the season then nothing again until March. Why not have a proper window for international games at the start and the end of the season and just play football in between, it's so frustrating how it's stop start for the first few months, then severe congestion towards the end of the season.

And while they're at it, I know it's cliche but the Carabao cup needs to go. Complete waste of time and nobody really wants to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

thelad95 wrote: »
    I know that it's tiring to see constant b*tching about it but I've never understood the logic of having three international breaks in the first twelve weeks of the season then nothing again until March. Why not have a proper window for international games at the start and the end of the season and just play football in between, it's so frustrating how it's stop start for the first few months, then severe congestion towards the end of the season.

And while they're at it, I know it's cliche but the Carabao cup needs to go. Complete waste of time and nobody really wants to win it.

Carabao Cup should just be treated like Fergie used to. Its useful in that respect.

I don't think the league cup is a waste of time at all. We played about 7 players in our first round that can't get a league game. Important to give players game time from the fringes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't think the league cup is a waste of time at all. We played about 7 players in our first round that can't get a league game. Important to give players game time from the fringes.

i think it partially depends on the club and the ambitions as to whether it is a valuable/worthy trophy.

For United, we won it last season and I think it was important to United last season.

I think in the case of United winning a trophy, any trophy, under Mourinho was important - even after winning the FA Cup under LVG. Winning the League Cup will have been a boost to Mourinho, a vindication of his management to that point. A first trophy for his group of players. The Europa League was similar. It is not a massive trophy - there are only two major trophies - but the 'smaller' trophies can be important stepping stones for managers and the group of players.

I would actually consider the league cup should be very important to Spurs and Liverpool this season for example. They need to be lifting cups, any cup - to provide that winning mentality and confidence to the players. Spurs, in particular haven't won anything in years - despite their improvement in performances and their squad. People see them as a top side, but their trophy count does not indicate that at all (in recent time anyway). Also, with Walker having left, Rose speaking out - i think Ali and Kane's future could be a cause of concern too - and I think winning a trophy is important. Obviously the league cup would be the lowest priority one - but i don't think they should they should treat it as below them.

On the contrary, I think United can afford to bin that cup this season, even if we don't win anything else this season. We won it last season, we won the EL last season - our priority has to be league and making quarters of the CL (imo) this season. If we fail to win anything this season, then next season we may need to treat the league cup more importantly. but this season - fringe players and don't risk anyone important unless we make it to the semi-final (then go all out to win it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is there any chance of Pogba being back for Liverpool match?

Maybe but he'll probably be rested for the bigger games later in the month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Telling you lads, quivering in my boots I am about our next game. Terrified.

Lol, no I'm not, we are going to crucify them....

Tear us a part he said.....

proxy.gif

I just don't agree with the last part of your post Mitch. We can use the squad and give fringe and young players game time and take it seriously at the same time. I wouldn't consider putting out the first team until the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The league's great entertainers swat aside another team. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Has! Good enough for Rafa after that sh1te talk, only could manage a home draw today. What'll the excuse be now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was implied earlier this will be a season definer for us. It won't be.

It will be for Klopp and his team though. One win in seven, a dreadful defence. They are going to be well up for this one. But if we beat them at Anfield in the condition they are in, it might be a final nail into Klopps coffin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The League Cup is the only real chance to give McTominay, Mitchell, J. Pereira, Tuanzebe, Gomes, RS Williams etc. Giving those lads senior minutes will be great for us in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The league cup is important enough for a Jose team as because he plays with such a core group of players. It gives other options in need of gametime an avenue to impress. Otherwise it's just a closed door to the first team and players they would be useful for cover or future starters would be a bit more isolated from the first team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Telling you lads, quivering in my boots I am about our next game. Terrified.

Lol, no I'm not, we are going to crucify them....

Form goes out the window tbf in this fixture.

I fancy our chances but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

It would be orgasmic to give them a good hiding at anfield though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement