Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »
    To be honest lads I think its all bollox. Özil to United writes itself and we all fell for it.

Did we "fall for it" or are we discussing it because there's nothing else to talk about?

Or should we talk about the reports from dross papers saying we've "banned" Pogba from playing Basketball instead? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Seen some of the players that have been left out of the french squad for the up coming qualifiers. They have a serious talented squad and worth a bit of money to win world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yeah France have a very talented squad.I think they are good value to win it out/get to final.
    11/1 paying 2 places e/w.

Deschamp would be a concern,don't rate him at all.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah France have a very talented squad.I think they are good value to win it out/get to final.
    11/1 paying 2 places e/w.

Deschamp would be a concern,don't rate him at all.

Yea and he is 48. Will get it hard to play all the games in the world cup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »
    Yea and he is 48. Will get it hard to play all the games in the world cup :)

Bom, bangkok makes a funny... :pac::D

• Advertisement

is it 2010 with days of ozil talk...

is their anything to be said for signing Khedeira and Sneijder too????
    Maybe we could look at that Thomas Mueller guy too....
    That German lad in goals looks handy but i'd say he'll go to Bayern....

I reckon we're better fixed with this smaling guy and this little pea sounds intriguing...

I reckon we might try and sign a homeless guy too before the window closes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    is it 2010 with days of ozil talk...

is their anything to be said for signing Khedeira and Sneijder too????
    Maybe we could look at that Thomas Mueller guy too....
    That German lad in goals looks handy but i'd say he'll go to Bayern....

I reckon we're better fixed with this smaling guy and this little pea sounds intriguing...

I reckon we might try and sign a homeless guy too before the window closes...

Strootman is only 26 :) anyone hear of him?

jayo26 wrote: »

Its 2010 Jayo...

Strootman is 20 and playing for Sparta Rotterdam....

Jaysus lads is anyone else sick of this Harry Kane talk on Sky... (i'm working from home and Sky news is on in the background)

You'd swear he was Messi or Ronaldo the way they are going on...

I know he's a great player but he's no better or worse than Lukaku or Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will get it hard to play all the games in the world cup :)

latest?cb\u003d20150125195524

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kinda funny - got player of the month but only played in 270 of the possible 630 mins.

Kinda funny - got player of the month but only played in 270 of the possible 630 mins.

I blame Donald Trump

International break does strange things to posters :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    International break does strange things to posters :P

Organic spleef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Its 2010 Jayo...

Jaysus lads is anyone else sick of this Harry Kane talk on Sky... (i'm working from home and Sky news is on in the background)

Kane has scored more goals in 2017 than either Ronaldo or Messi can't remember which. He's comfortably the best striker in the league at the moment and better than both our guy and Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Realistically anyone over the age of 13 who watches soccer regularly and still thinks Ozil is either lazy and/or not brilliant should just be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I would happily take Ozil.

Play him Central, Mkhi right and then Rashers/Martial left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jayop wrote: »
    Kane has scored more goals in 2017 than either Ronaldo or Messi can't remember which. He's comfortably the best striker in the league at the moment and better than both our guy and Aguero.

Massive HK fan. He's not better than Aguero.

I wouldn't be getting on the English media hype train yet.

Kane is excellent no doubt about it, but still young and IMO a ways to go to be mentioned in the same bracket as Ronaldo / Messi.
    Same can be said with Lukaku.

And Augero is a better player currently. Nothing to say Kane / Lukaku won't surpass him.

I tell ya who they are better than. Mbappe, the hype around a one season wonder somehow put that price tag on his head.
    How do you price Kane / Lukaku now. I'd suspect 150 million easily in this market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its 2010 Jayo...

"Nice English lad done good" narrative

TheDoc wrote: »
    "Nice English lad done good" narrative

Or Amazing striker who won golden boot twice in his first 3 full seasons.

Not sure how anyone can say he is anything but the best striker in the league. He is easily better than any striker in the league and his shooting is ridiculous with both feet.

To be perfectly honest, probably no one in our lifetime will ever be in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.

IMO the 2 greatest players to ever play the game and probably will ever be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Or Amazing striker who won golden boot twice in his first 3 full seasons.

Not sure how anyone can say he is anything but the best striker in the league. He is easily better than any striker in the league and his shooting is ridiculous with both feet.

Kane better than Aguero?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Kane better than Aguero?

Yes. In the last 2 seasons he is.

Yes. In the last 2 seasons he is.

Aguero is still the best striker in the league for me.

Last 3 seasons he scored 32, 29, 33 goals all while he has had some injurys and suspensions.

Last 3 seasons he scored 32, 29, 33 goals all while he has had some injurys and suspensions.

In his first 3 full seasons, Kane has won golden boot twice, that's insane record.

In his first 3 full seasons, Kane has won golden boot twice, that's insane record.

On current form yes you may have a point

Yep he is class. Still think aguero has a slight edge on him though

• Advertisement

Yep he is class. Still think aguero has a slight edge on him though

How tho? Kane has consistently outscored him in the league in the last two years and was only 4 goals behind him in his first full year with club?

I think aguero is a fantastic player but Kane has been the better goal scorer too over the past two years and last season he assisted more too.

He has no slight edge Kane is as good as him if not better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Funny that neither of these play for Manchester United, isn't it?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Funny that neither of these play for Manchester United, isn't it?

Yeah, cause United have no ambition in the market.

Could have had Kane, or Neymar, or Mbappe - but nooooooo, penny pinching Woodward strikes again and United battle for best of the also rans.

here fishy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I see United are linked to both Aguero and Kane in one of the Nigerian papers today

*you're welcome

How tho? Kane has consistently outscored him in the league in the last two years and was only 4 goals behind him in his first full year with club?

I think aguero is a fantastic player but Kane has been the better goal scorer too over the past two years and last season he assisted more too.

Because i think aguero has done it more in high pressure games and in the champions league. Not much in it but aguero has been doing it for 6/7 years as well

Aguero has a case for being up there with the best PL strikers ever and without injuries would probably be up there with the highest scorers already.

Kane has certainly started his career very well but he's not scored a league winning goal yet or had those big game moments. Aguero has been consistently fantastic even with a lot of injury blows.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Aguero has a case for being up there with the best PL strikers ever and without injuries would probably be up there with the highest scorers already.

Kane has certainly started his career very well but he's not scored a league winning goal yet or had those big game moments. Aguero has been consistently fantastic even with a lot of injury blows.

I always think argument based on trophies are poor. He's done all he could to help tottenham win stuff, I wouldn't say their failure to lift a cup could be blamed on him or his performances at any point. He hasn't been given the platform to score a league winning goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

You can't discount them with him though he has a history of them that limits his effectiveness as he misses chunks a good bit.

Anyone else thinking about Zlatan's return? I'm excited at the prospect of him returning as the same effective player who left, but am wary at the possibility of him not being that same player. I can't write him off though until I see what he has to offer. Not this player.

If we had Zlatan back in time for some/all of the December run, that could be a big help to the team and Lukaku. Yes, Lukaku is in top condition, but even he will need a rest at some stage or we face the risk of him having that rest through injury.

Jose recently said that Lukaku won't be rotated until Zlatan returns. The two strikers play very different games IMO, so I hope that the team can adapt quickly to whoever is leading the line and it won't take a few dodgy games/results to get used to the 'new' set-up.

On the possibility of Zlatan returning in early December and not being that same player and/or picking up another injury - I wonder would Jose look to bring in a new striker in January. By January, we will still have many games remaining in the season, and hopefully a lot to play for in 4 competitions.

We do have players currently in the squad who could technically fill in for Lukaku in the short-term. However, since Jose said Lukaku won't be rotated until Zlatan returns, I'm assuming Jose doesn't see these players as regular strikers at the moment (Rashford, Martial) and therefore things seem a bit scarce in terms of squad depth there.

Long season ahead, we need Zlatan to come back strong and soon IMO. Lukaku is coping with the heavy workload at the moment, and he is scoring, but is that sustainable over 50-60 games?

I know I'm potentially looking for dark clouds in the distance while the sun is shining all around us at the moment. However, if Plan Zlatan doesn't work out on his return, we could find ourselves short in stock upfront.

I wouldn't worry too much about Zlatan not being at full capacity. There's still Rashford and Martial who can both play up front though that would still handicap the wings with regards pace somewhat I guess...

Liam O wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about Zlatan not being at full capacity. There's still Rashford and Martial who can both play up front though that would still handicap the wings with regards pace somewhat I guess...

Absolutely they can play up front, just these comments make it seem that Rashford and Martial aren't as available to play the position...
    “Look, without Zlatan, we cannot rotate the striker, especially because Marcus Rashford is playing also in other positions,”

“So until the moment we have Zlatan we cannot think about giving rest to our No 9, the same way we give in other positions. We cannot do that.

Full article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/29/jose-mourinho-underlines-romelu-lukakus-importance-man-utd/

We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I guess we are stuck with the guy who has more PL goals this season than either of them. Sad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Anyone else thinking about Zlatan's return? I'm excited at the prospect of him returning as the same effective player who left, but am wary at the possibility of him not being that same player. I can't write him off though until I see what he has to offer. Not this player.

I'm apprehensive about it to be honest, he limited our play last season almost as much as he benefited it, I have no interest in regressing to last seasons struggles.

It will all depend on his role, if he is content to be the wild card option coming on when the time is right and in the right conditions then fine, thats a great option to have.

But if Jose makes changes just so that Zlatan can be "accommodated", well, no, I wouldn't be too happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

Is this the home jersey of 90-92 ?.reason i ask is cause not sponsered by adidas

Sorry pic size to large to attach.

Its the home jersey that looks the very same as the 90-92 jersey,but its not got the adidas sponsor on it.

Any ideas on the year?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bassy wrote: »
    Is this the home jersey of 90-92 ?.reason i ask is cause not sponsered by adidas

Its the home jersey that looks the very same as the 90-92 jersey,but its not got the adidas sponsor on it.

Any ideas on the year?.

Huh? Have you a link or am I missing something

Nalz wrote: »
    Huh? Have you a link or am I missing something

It's the grey umboro jersey you can't see it 😊😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's the grey umboro jersey you can't see it ������

Its blending in with the background :D

Liverpool renaming one of their stands the kenny dalglish stand before the game.

Hope we hammer them after it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bassy wrote: »

Any ideas on the year?.

Who is the kit sponsor so?
    I think admiral were before Adidas and Umbro from 92 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is Lukaku injured or is it just a minor niggle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

paulbok wrote: »
    Who is the kit sponsor so?
    I think admiral were before Adidas and Umbro from 92 on

Theres no sponsor on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement