Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

adox wrote: »
    And Chelsea the current champions beaten by the bottom team that hadn’t scored a goal up until today.

City hammering Stoke. So what? **** happens. It’s a league season not one set of fixtures.

It’s bizzare how people are posting updates on the City score to somehow have a dig at Utd and th result.

Eaxctly. Oooooh City beat Stoke so City must be better? Well we beat Palace and Palace just beat Chelsea. Does that mean we are better than Chelsea now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I'd rather draw away to a mid table team then lose to the bottom club.

Be grand lads.

Some lads acting as bad as Liverpool fans.

Relax ffs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can see City extending their lead with the next 4 fixtures coming up, their attacking players behind their striker are different level to ours to be fair. Could lose Silva and De Bruyne and still be a major threat.

I said it before the start of the season not adding to Mkhitaryan, Mata, Martial and Rashford could easily be our dowfall in terms of a league title challenge and that might not be far off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A point at Anfield is not the end of the World. Yep it was negative, yep it was bit crap from some players, but we come away with a result in ine of our 5 hardest games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Christ, had a look at the match thread.

Consisting of Liverpool and “neutrals” discussing how utterly terrible and anti football Utd are. It’s bizzare from the Liverpool fans.

Some really childish stuff in there. I suppose I’m not surprised but then again I am at some of the really immature stuff that is posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Consisting of Liverpool and “neutrals” discussing how utterly terrible and anti football Utd are. It’s bizzare from the Liverpool fans.

Some really childish stuff in there. I suppose I’m not surprised but then again I am at some of the really immature stuff that is posted.

Toys out of pram stuff. But i find it enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's funny to see them complain about another team when they've failed to win yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Absolute salt mine. Many people called it in here pre game how that game would go. Wasn't expecting our players to be so poor, but the result is no surprise. Not sure why they thought it would go differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Every time I rewatch that save from Big Dave though... :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm so, so glad I get to utterly ignore that topic now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Credit to Liverpool though..they won the moral victory. Let's see what those moral victories add up to at the end of the season 😲

It's funny to see them complain about another team when they've failed to win yet again.

Never blame their own team or manager always other people's fault.

And the best thing about it is that the teasing we didn't attack more was because they actually played well in midfield.

Can't begrudge Liverpool in Match thread. One of their best results this season. Let them celebrate the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Lukaku was terrible today at getting near any high balls played towards him and holding it up, he never got a chance to run in behind either as we just didnt have the ball retention so if we were to play like this in future I think Ibra would be a better option then him. Specifically for these tactics.

To say he was feeding of a few scraps is an understatement. He did nothing wrong today. He had no service.

He had no right to win the vast majority of balls lumped at him you could argue he did very well will the few scraps he had to feed off.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Oh wow, jut noticed you are no longer mod here!

I’m just glad that we can post during games in the super thread rather than the match thread without repercussions.

That’s not a “keep it in-house attitude”,, it’s so I can discuss the match honestly and avoid all the drivel that’s invariably in there.

limnam wrote: »
    To say he was feeding of a few scraps is an understatement. He did nothing wrong today. He had no service.

He had no right to win the vast majority of balls lumped at him you could argue he did very well will the few scraps he had to feed off.

Yeah I’m somewhere in the middle. I thought he was a little underwhelming but had little or nothing to work with and wither no space to run into the channels like he likes to do or the service wasn’t there.

The best moment of the game for Utd involved him with that lovely move with Miki? For that chance he had.

Thought from the off the incident with Loveren was a nothing incident and Sky tried to milk it a bit.

Also had the otherworldly experience today of finding Souness the most level headed and on the money analyst today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Remember there few years ago every bloody Pic, Gif and Video was "are you mad Bro"

Kinda sums up 2-3 Liverpool lads in Match Theead.

Don't mind the digs and most Liverpool fans are fine, but the Match Threads bring out 2-3 of those lads everytime and it's funny reading.

0-0 is the new win for us there now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »

You stepped down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Credit to Liverpool though..they won the moral victory. Let's see what those moral victories add up to at the end of the season ��

and if we played like we did today against city chelsea or spurs we wont be winning much ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Small mid table mentality from a club who genuinely believe they are the pinnacle of attacking expansive football.

Just dont mention one win in eight, one trophy in eleven years or Klopps record in cup finals !!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never blame their own team or manager always other people's fault.

Had one poster complain about Nev/Jose (Carra during and after the game wasn't included :rolleyes:) comments about being defensive (not subbing one of the mids) and the very next comment was to agree the pool mid three are not creative enough.

If your really on top take the chance and go for it, Klopp knew there wasn't much in it so it ended up with hold what you got (defensive).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yeah I’m somewhere in the middle.

There is little point anybody going after Lukaku when the four behind him were so completely devoid of any creative or attacking intent. Martial and Herrera were bad enough but Mkhitaryan was atrocious, when thats the case then your striker is on a hiding to nothing.

There is little point anybody going after Lukaku when the four behind him were so completely devoid of any creative or attacking intent. Martial and Herrera were bad enough but Mkhitaryan was atrocious, when thats the case then your striker is on a hiding to nothing.

Worst I've seen Miki all season

Anonymous

Agree with all of that apart from Martial who I thought looked our most dangerous attacker.

Miki was just totally anonymous and not for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Worst I've seen Miki all season

Anonymous

when you set the team up the way jose did he was never going to be good.

couldnt believe how defensive we were. it was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did Gary Neville make a big deal out of the Lukaku / Lovren incident?

Because Phil thought Lovren needed to cop the f*ck on and stop making a big deal of athe tiniest of accidental contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

bangkok wrote: »

couldn't believe how defensive we were. it was a joke.

Agreed

I find it odd people having a go at tony/miki/rom or calling for Mata, wouldn't have made an ounce of difference the way we were setup was not designed to get the most out of our front line.

You can't have Dave launching it up and then complaining about the front 4/5 not doing it.

Far too much respect was given to a side who haven't won a game in 8 matches with probably the weakest back 4 in the league.

I was ok with this last year as circumstances called for some stability and a bad beating at anfield wasn't what was called for.

But I can't believe how we approached today. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Did Gary Neville make a big deal out of the Lukaku / Lovren incident?

Because Phil thought Lovren needed to cop the f*ck on and stop making a big deal of athe tiniest of accidental contact.

Neville is a bloody clown.

Mane driving his foot into Ederson's face is nothing but Lukaku's laces brushing off Lovren's head is nasty and dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Neville is a bloody clown.

Mane driving his foot into Ederson's face is nothing but Lukaku's laces brushing off Lovren's head is nasty and dangerous.

Neville is a horrific co-comm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Agree with all of that apart from Martial who I thought looked our most dangerous attacker.

What attacking did he do? I genuinely cannot remember him beating a defender, a shot or a dangerous cross? No doubt there are a few examples but there is no way I would describe him as dangerous today, all I saw was another anonymous performance.

I'd give him a pass down to the negative tactics and the lack of support he would have had anyway even had he managed to skin a defender, but there is no way I'd give him any praise for that performance.

What attacking did he do? I genuinely cannot remember him beating a defender, a shot or a dangerous cross? No doubt there are a few examples but there is no way I would describe him as dangerous today, all I saw was another anonymous performance.

I'd give him a pass down to the negative tactics and the lack of support he would have had anyway even had he managed to skin a defender, but there is no way I'd give him any praise for that performance.

He went past players on numerous occasions in the first half driv8ng towards the box, hence my comment about him being our most dangerous player.

That’s just giving the player a free pass. I’ve seen similar performances from him when playing at home.

I think Jose’s tactics are taking too much of the blame for some of the players performances. Lukaku I can understand as the furthest man forward, he was nearly always an isolated figure with little or no service.

I’d be more worried about Mikis form in general than Jose’s tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Cleverley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Good man Cleverly :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TC23, how 'bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That draw not the worst result now

Watford in the top four. :pac:

• Advertisement

Agreed to an extent, no risks were taken.
    But not that surprising. For Jose the result is all that mattered.

I've already said he should have rolled the dice and put Mata on but he didn't and I was disappointed for that reason.

s8n wrote: »
    Small mid table mentality from a club who genuinely believe they are the pinnacle of attacking expansive football.

Just dont mention one win in eight, one trophy in eleven years or Klopps record in cup finals !!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Attacking expansive football" = zero goals?

They way they moan about "anti-football" and how they "expected" Mourinho to be negative.

Then why the fuck couldn't Klopp figure out how to counter it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

In Nevilles defence i'm sure he has to put up with a lot of claims of bias so in this case may have leant a bit to the opposite side by trying to ensure he didn't look like he was being biased towards Utd.
    I know with Liverpool analysts/commentators,Souness in particular no matter what he says it's taken by a lot of Utd fans a biased view,an insult or a sly dig rather than ever just a straight comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

7 ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. That's a nice buffer as it stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You stepped down?

Really hope it’s not over the whole you know who saga..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

astradave wrote: »
    Really hope it’s not over the whole you know who saga..

I know that we shouldn't speculate, but I couldn't give a ****. It almost certainly was to do with that and it is a shambles that that person was allowed to go on any further after he admitted he was just winding everybody up. If that has resulted in somebody saying **** it to being a mod, it is an even bigger shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Anyone else think Salah is totally overrated? I've watched him a bunch this season and in years prior. He's a decent dribbler and pretty quick but a terrible finisher with bad decision making. Mane is leagues ahead imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Attacking expansive football" = zero goals?

They way they moan about "anti-football" and how they "expected" Mourinho to be negative.

Then why the fuck couldn't Klopp figure out how to counter it :pac:

We didn't play fair,does Klopp expect every team to rock up like Arsenal and get taken apart?
    De Gea had to make one world class save but everything else was routine catching practice.Had Lukaku been more composed we could have waltzed away with 3 points despite our inability to pass the ball a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A bit of transfer gossip,Don Balon saying United to bid €190 million for Harry Kane.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement