Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »
    He got to round 10 with one of the the best in the business. Conor got his payday and no controversy.

He was allowed to get to round 10. Mayweather toyed with him and could've finished him anytime he wanted past round 2 after McGregor punched himself out like an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    He was allowed to get to round 10. Mayweather toyed with him and could've finished him anytime he wanted past round 2 after McGregor punched himself out like an idiot.

Ahh cop on I'd love to be an idiot that earned .myself 60 million like that.

Pointless even talking about his performance since every counterpoint will be "Hurr hurr, he got money tho."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pointless even talking about his performance since every counterpoint will be "Hurr hurr, he got money tho."

Well he did and ayone that followed it knew that's what it was all about. It was never about mayweather stamping his authority as best boxer ever that's already done... It was never about McGregor beating mayweather because that was never gonna happen so if you wanna hur but about it off you go but it was always down to the two of them making money and selling a show and they both did that better then anyone before......

#docsbeard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well he did and ayone that followed it knew that's what it was all about. It was never about mayweather stamping his authority as best boxer ever that's already done... It was never about McGregor beating mayweather because that was never gonna happen so if you wanna hur but about it off you go but it was always down to the two of them making money and selling a show and they both did that better then anyone before......

#docsbeard

So should the next one be Woodward vrs McGregor to see who's the best at making money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He got to round 10 with one of the the best in the business. Conor got his payday and no controversy.

Sorry to sound boxing snobbish, but he was allowed get to round 10 by a 40 year old, 2 years retired, happy to pot shot and smile Mayweather. Floyd didn't break sweat, Conor landed nothing that bothered him at all, the power is a myth, or didn't translate I don't care which you want to say cause he had zero boxing power. His technique was awful, slaps.

Mayweather didn't bother trying to throw anything till round 3, he knew he was never in danger, showboating, picked up the pace around 6 and just looked like a guy who was out to do a few rounds sparring, **** he would have got tougher contests in his spars for this circus act!

I am sorry, just not looking forward to my day of listening to people make a case for "ah he did well to get that far" or the morale victory brigade as if Mayweather is the best boxer on the planet right now and McGregor did well to go a few rounds with him.

Couldn't be further from the truth, I will say this for Conor, them legs just keep wheeling backwards when he is ****ed :) Course he would be finished quick by someone with intent and his cardio is shocking for a top athlete but he isn't simple to put away, will stand to him in the MMA world, where he needs to return to and stay or he will get seriously hurt by someone who punches with spite.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh cop on I'd love to be an idiot that earned .myself 60 million like that.

His fee was 30mil, disclosed. Why do you think it will double on the back end? I don't know whether it will or not, just wondering if you have something stating it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

When you add in the commercial side, they reckon he could earn close to 100 million from the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

His fee was 30mil, disclosed. Why do you think it will double on the back end? I don't know whether it will or not, just wondering if you have something stating it?

He gets a slice of PPV revenue as well as marketing / merch.

Is there anything to be said for another Welbeck or Rooney debate at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

paulbok wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for another Welbeck or Rooney debate at this stage?

Everton and Arsenal thread you're looking for is it?

He gets a slice of PPV revenue as well as marketing / merch.

Yes, I know how money is made off the back end. It's the figure I queried and the workings, including how much the UFC are taking etc

I have seen people claim he us making 40 million, I have seen a guy claim he is making 150million!

I just asked jayo whey he thinks 60, that's all.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Everton and Arsenal thread you're looking for is it?

Well it looks like I'm unable to find the United thread at the minute

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fellaini > McGregor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fellaini > McGregor

Prunier > McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paulbok wrote: »

Sure didn't Rooney get knocked out in a kitchen:)

There's only 1 McGregor in a United thread, Jim McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fellaini > McGregor

:cool:

DIN-RcdV4AULLhI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mourinho not for the first time and not the first person to do it either having a dig at the home fans. Have to agree 100%. For the biggest club stadium in england we have the quietest fans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Mourinho not for the first time and not the first person to do it either having a dig at the home fans. Have to agree 100%. For the biggest club stadium in england we have the quietest fans.

Fans who were having PTSD flashbacks to last years countless home draws, and 4 years of 0-0s where we dominated posession. They'll come good if the performances stay consistent.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fans who were having PTSD flashbacks to last years countless home draws, and 4 years of 0-0s where we dominated posession. They'll come good if the performances stay consistent.

I hate seeing the "tourist fans" who spend the whole game enthralled in silence while constantly taking pictures. It's not hard to make some noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I hate seeing the "tourist fans" who spend the whole game enthralled in silence while constantly taking pictures. It's not hard to make some noise.

Same with gigs. Many people watch through their phone. They might as well be watching the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »

They have been quiet for years even when we were winning everything under fergie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

United isn't a small town/regional club where the entire fanbase was born in the shadow of the stadium. It's a global club, and "tourist fans" who may never been to the UK before let alone the stadium pay the bills to bring in the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Martial and so on. F.C. United demonstrates that trade-off is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is what it is. Mourinho has little enough to be complaining about if he has time to worry about how loud the fans are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I think jose has a point tbh the twelfth player is in the stands imo... we need to lift the team

• Advertisement

I think jose has a point tbh the twelfth player is in the stands imo... we need to lift the team

Even Ferguson had a moan about it.Some of the 'smaller clubs' put the big ones to shame in terms of atmosphere. Even Liverpool's "famous atmosphere" isn't what it was,many times the place is like a library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

After 3 weeks, we're now the only team with 100% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

What are people's thoughts on further transfers before the deadline? I wouldn't be surprised to see something.

KH25 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on further transfers before the deadline? I wouldn't be surprised to see something.

Muller has publicly complained about not being needed at Munich after being dropped yesterday.

Would anyone want him here now or has his stock fallen dramatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

J. Marston wrote:

Yes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Muller has publicly complained about not being needed at Munich after being dropped yesterday.

He'd play a very similar role to Mata but would be capable of getting more goals. Be a good signing but someone with pace and a final ball would be needed more on the right considering how many attacks end in useless crosses from that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Arsenal could be destroyed here

Hococop wrote: »

Would make me laugh heartily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Watching Dubselona at the mo, good game so far?

astradave wrote: »
    Watching Dubselona at the mo, good game so far?

Arsenal are so so poor,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Arsenal are so so poor,

They really have been abysmal. I'd say this game has been the easiest game of the season for Liverpool.

Quandary wrote: »
    They really have been abysmal. I'd say this game has been the easiest game of the season for Liverpool.

Robbie rolling in dosh
    AFTV lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I would love if Utd gave Sanchez a way out of Arsenal as unlikely as it would be.

Can't see Wenger surviving for too much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Should put in a huge offer for Sanchez. Take the Griezmann money and offer it to arsenal for him.

Should put in a huge offer for Sanchez. Take the Griezmann money and offer it to arsenal for him.

Would 70m do it.

God arsenal are a shambles

• Advertisement

I hope that Shaw and Darmian are back fit and in contention for the game at Anfield in mid-October. Mo Salah will potentially tear Daley Blind's soul from his body, Mahrez almost did it at one stage yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

brinty wrote: »
    Would 70m do it.

God arsenal are a shambles

No idea what it would take. I know people may point to his contract t running down to reduce his value but I'd have no issue paying Lukaku money or more for him regardless.

I hope that Shaw and Darmian are back fit and in contention for the game at Anfield in mid-October. Mo Salah will potentially tear Daley Blind's soul from his body, Mahrez almost did it at one stage yesterday.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?? I might be wrong and apologise if I am but I never see anything but negatives from you. We're doing well thus far three wins three clean sheets huge possession stats (which stops Liverpool's threat)
    And what makes anyone think Shaw or darmian would do better,both have been ripped apart in games too

Agree with bidding for Sanchez. The very least it will do is upset them.

Now we bid for Sanchez

Agree with bidding for Sanchez. The very least it will do is upset them.

Would love to see it happen, Jose with the knife and a twist into Wenger lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

brinty wrote: »
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?? I might be wrong and apologise if I am but I never see anything but negatives from you. We're doing well thus far three wins three clean sheets huge possession stats (which stops Liverpool's threat)
    And what makes anyone think Shaw or darmian would do better,both have been ripped apart in games too

Jesus Christ Brinty, you really have the wrong person.. I mean completely wrong person

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Perfect time now to have a go at bringing Sanchez. It'll most certainly cause a ****storm over at Arsenal but the least we could do is throw in a bid of 70m

Christ arsenal playing as a team that could care less
    Wenger on a very tight rope
    7 goals in three games
    Defensive system that's not working
    Players who don't want to be there
    Can't get players in
    I think they finish seventh if they don't change something soon

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Brinty, you really have the wrong person.. I mean completely wrong person

That's fair enough and apologies Stu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement