Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Noel82 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Salah is totally overrated? I've watched him a bunch this season and in years prior. He's a decent dribbler and pretty quick but a terrible finisher with bad decision making. Mane is leagues ahead imo.
    He's much better actor though.
    brooklyn-nine-nine-2.jpg?w=900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

A bit of transfer gossip,Don Balon saying United to bid €190 million for Harry Kane.:eek::eek:

Wouldn't pay that much for him considering, Lukaku's best years are probably still ahead of him & Martial is there as a back up, with similar (less developed) attributes.

Kane doesn't strike me as Mourinho's type. Drogba, Lukaku, Costa, Adriano; they are all big physical strikers. Kane isn't that type of player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know that we shouldn't speculate, but I couldn't give a ****. It almost certainly was to do with that and it is a shambles that that person was allowed to go on any further after he admitted he was just winding everybody up. If that has resulted in somebody saying **** it to being a mod, it is an even bigger shambles.

I'll address this once and then think we should move on cause it's off topic, etc.

I did not step down because of any user. That's not to say there's not frustrations about some users who set out of their way to make trouble for mods, but they were only a minor part of why I opted to walk away from Soccer modding. By and large, people who go out of their way to troll or worse don't bother me, cause at the end of the day, they are just a few lines of text on a screen, and the good users heavily, heavily outweigh the bad. Please don't start witch hunts :o there was personal reasons and creative differences with I opted to move away from modding that have very little to do with trouble makers.

Just glad to be able to get back to only worrying about actually discussing United without fear of having to keep arguements reigned in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Looking at it again that was a great chance Lukaku missed today. I think if Kane gets that chance its burued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A bit of transfer gossip,Don Balon saying United to bid €190 million for Harry Kane.:eek::eek:

No chance and wouldn't particularly want him.He is a fantastic player but Lukaku is already at the club and will get goals.
    Buy 3 players for that money.A LB, a centre mid and Griezemann (if buyout clause is true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'll address this once and then think we should move on cause it's off topic, etc.

I did not step down because of any user. That's not to say there's not frustrations about some users who set out of their way to make trouble for mods, but they were only a minor part of why I opted to walk away from Soccer modding. By and large, people who go out of their way to troll or worse don't bother me, cause at the end of the day, they are just a few lines of text on a screen, and the good users heavily, heavily outweigh the bad. Please don't start witch hunts :o there was personal reasons and creative differences with I opted to move away from modding that have very little to do with trouble makers.

Just glad to be able to get back to only worrying about actually discussing United without fear of having to keep arguements reigned in :P

May just change your name to TSC now pal haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

That today was a tad worrying. OK we got a draw against a team away from home which on paper is a decent result but we didn't create enough.

They aren't a good team and we showed them well too much respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Schwanz wrote: »
    That today was a tad worrying. OK we got a draw against a team away from home which on paper is a decent result but we didn't create enough.

They aren't a good team and we showed them well too much respect.

Pogba makes a huge difference to how we play. I do agree we were poor though, I just don't think one game is the end of the world. Better to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Few injuries to key players, not playing at our best and Liverpool missing sitters left right and centre, that is an extremely valuable point and anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    May just change your name to TSC now pal haha.

Back to Teamshadowclan. He only shortened it to TSC as it didn’t fit on one line when it was bolded IIRC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

City played some seriously good football today. In fairness Guardialo sets his teams up to play good entertaining football and in De Bruyne, D Silva, Sane, Jesus and Augero the have one of the best attacking line ups in Europe. Wouldn't surprise me if they win the European Cup this season as well as the league

astradave wrote: »
    Back to Teamshadowclan. He only shortened it to TSC as it didn’t fit on one line when it was bolded IIRC :D

Still a pro wrestling mod so name stays bolted, so that doesn't change.

Maybe something United related. TSCarrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

thelad95 wrote: »
    Few injuries to key players, not playing at our best and Liverpool missing sitters left right and centre, that is an extremely valuable point and anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Agree with most of this apart from the sitters part. They had one truly clear cut chance. We were complete ****e though and it wasn't the set up that did that. Wrong personnel and some key players losing their ability to pass and control a football did for us today. Point was great all things considered.

Totally off topic but he is a United fan just watched stormzey on johnanthon Ross show and even tho I haven't a clue of his music he comes across as such a likeable guy.

Still a pro wrestling mod so name stays bolted, so that doesn't change.

Maybe something United related. TSCarrick?

The slow Carrick :D

Agree with most of this apart from the sitters part. They had one truly clear cut chance. We were complete ****e though and it wasn't the set up that did that. Wrong personnel and some key players losing their ability to pass and control a football did for us today. Point was great all things considered.

I agree I've said it so much this evening it wasn't the set up that made Herrera and mkhitaryan play so bad. I know its not all their fault but they are the players that we needed to help us take some kind of control from the pool and they went missing.

#TeamJayo for president / mod

Beno as Captain

Adox as manager

Astradave for sub

Cantona has awesome collors

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Beno as Captain

Adox as manager

Astradave for sub

Sub?

**** you

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Totally off topic but he is a United fan just watched stormzey on johnanthon Ross show and even tho I haven't a clue of his music he comes across as such a likeable guy.

Are you sure it's not Lukaku? ;):)

• Advertisement

Are you sure it's not Lukaku? ;):)

Now that you mention it haha.

Sub?

**** you

:D

First team starter all the way Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Myself and Jayo could be tag team mods a week about. I'd be absolutely brutal with the ban stick.

That said I'm an admin on a tiny United forum and the only thing that's not allowed is trolling. Insta perm ban for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You left due to creative differences?

Were you in a band and now you've gone solo????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Mkhitaryan has some decent assist numbers from our earlier matches but I think his general performances haven't been great. I'm still waiting to see the player we saw at Dortmund.

He seems to hit trouble a lot on the turn. This contributed, in part, to Lukaku being so isolated today.

To be fair to him, Martial and Herrera didn't do much either. Matic was good.

Jayop wrote: »
    Myself and Jayo could be tag team mods a week about. I'd be absolutely brutal with the ban stick.

That said I'm an admin on a tiny United forum and the only thing that's not allowed is trolling. Insta perm ban for that.

Imagine the power mmmmmmmmmm. I wouldn't ever be a mod because then I'd have to act respectful and crap.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »

Was posted in the arsenal thread. Have a watch, nothing to do with United but it's just a brilliant few minutes of honestly from a current player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

On the weekend we play Liverpool away, we move more ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal. Not too bad

What a straight up guy Troy Deeney is. That was a great watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What a straight up guy Troy Deeney is. That was a great watch.

Can see why he is Watford captain tbh. Very refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Beno as Captain

Adox as manager

Astradave for sub

If the US can have Trump running the show, then Brinty for mod. :D

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »
    On the weekend we play Liverpool away, we move more ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal. Not too bad

Lost two points on City
    Spurs got two points closer to us.

Kept the gap the same between us and Pool and stayed seven points ahead of them.
    Moved another point ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal, maintaining the seven point buffer.

Meanwhile, still unbeaten in the league. Stoke getting two past City means we have the best defence (2 goals conceded in 8 games), and City are the only team with a better offensive record. And on paper, picking up a point at anfield when we played dreadfully, and were without several key players (Pogba, Fellaini, Bailly, and Rashford, kind of) shouldn't be scoffed at.

I'd imagine Jose will be content, if not thrilled, with this weekend. Yesterday will be seen as the exception, not the norm, in terms of performances this season in the league. You'd have to say we are the best placed team to challange City for the title this season.

Meanwhile, Klopp, Wenger and Conte will all be feeling increased pressure now, and I could see one of the three biting the bullet pre-Xmas.

Just have to be weary of Watford and their increasing presence :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JamboMac wrote: »
    He's much better actor though.
    brooklyn-nine-nine-2.jpg?w=900

Great show!! Love Jake Paralta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I see I just made the mod squad that M!ck posted,Cantona is too much of a rebel to be a mod.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler,it is because they think infractions will be thrown into the thread".

Just have to be weary of Watford and their increasing presence :pac:

Not to toot my own horn or anything but called this and Evertons demise in the premiership prediction thread :D

Marco Silva was unlucky not to keep a terrible Hull up last season and he is a cracking manager, will be next in line for a big club I reckon

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Great show!! Love Jake Paralta.

Salah is much better in The League though :D

Salah is much better in The League though :D

The biggest diver in England atm.

The biggest diver in England atm.

I’m talking about Jason Mantzoukas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lost two points on City
    Spurs got two points closer to us.

Kept the gap the same between us and Pool and stayed seven points ahead of them.
    Moved another point ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal, maintaining the seven point buffer.

Agree with the majority of this apart from saying that yesterday's performance is an exception and not the norm. I don't see any evidence to suggest that we won't see similar performances in some of our difficult away fixtures throughout the season. We may get all 3 points in some games and be a lot more satisfied with the result. There's no guarantee that yesterday was a freak one off performance at all.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Agree with the majority of this apart from saying that yesterday's performance is an exception and not the norm. I don't see any evidence to suggest that we won't see similar performances in some of our difficult away fixtures throughout the season. We may get all 3 points in some games and be a lot more satisfied with the result. There's no guarantee that yesterday was a freak one off performance at all.

I'd say we'll see it at City, Spurs, Chelsea and Pool away. That's four games out of 38, so I'd say the remaining 34 are "the norm". I also think the tactics will be more effective once we get Fellaini, Pogba and Bailly back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah fair enough, for some reason I read as meaning a one off as opposed to a rare occurrence. Not sure why I picked it up that way. Agree with you too on how it should be more effective with those players in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Robson99 wrote: »
    City played some seriously good football today. In fairness Guardialo sets his teams up to play good entertaining football and in De Bruyne, D Silva, Sane, Jesus and Augero the have one of the best attacking line ups in Europe. Wouldn't surprise me if they win the European Cup this season as well as the league

If they continue to keep their goals against figure down I see them win the league by about 4 pts.
    But realistically in Europe if they were to progress to say semi final stage their defending overall would be not be good enough against likes of Benzema,Ronaldo,Messi,Suarez,Cavani,Neymar.

Utd will run them close for title but over cautious performances like yesterday will cost us those few points you need against the top6 you need win league.

For this season I would take a good quarter final performance from Utd in Europe....and buy well in Summer to strengthen squad,Fabinho,Griezman and a left back if Luke Shaw doesn’t start performing on his return would be on my ideal summer shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

Was posted in the arsenal thread. Have a watch, nothing to do with United but it's just a brilliant few minutes of honestly from a current player.

Great watch, cheers for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Interesting point from Football 365

"* November 8, 2014 might seem like an insignificant date, but it bears remembering in the aftermath of Saturday lunchtime’s game. A 2-1 victory over Liverpool for Chelsea at Anfield almost three years ago remains the last time Jose Mourinho managed a Premier League away win against any of the big six.

A 0-0 draw with Liverpool means Mourinho has now gone ten straight games without a win at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham or Saturday’s opponents. His sides have drawn five and lost five of those games, conceding 15 goals and scoring just four times. Just one of those away goals has come since he was appointed at Old Trafford." (http://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-0-0-manchester-united-16-conclusions)

This is exactly why Utd won't win the League this year and of course next will have the chance of Mourhino's 3 season syndrome.

2 big games in the next 4 league against Spurs and Chesski coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Yesterday was very disappointing for sure but cop on lads, the league isn't gone because we drew with Liverpool, we go on about other teams supporters being fickle but we go from being upbeat and full of confidence for the season ahead to doom and gloom after one draw. :rolleyes:

Long way to go yet and this City team is there to be got at, of that i have no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

A quote I saw on the BBC this morning spoke to one of the issues I have with that ****e yesterday.
    "I did not particularly like United's style at Anfield but my concern was, was it the pragmatic thing to do against a struggling team?"

Its one thing to every now and then try to avoid defeat in a big game against a rival, when a defeat might have bigger ramifications than just some points dropped. But in October? Against a side that had been badly struggling because of their porous defence?

Forget the result, the mentality and attitude on display yesterday really worries me, it was a scared, small club attitude that doesn't speak well of how the manager and the players see themselves.

Beating small teams might be the bread and butter but winning big games wins you the big trophies, something we won't be doing any time soon with that type of attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

This is exactly why Utd won't win the League this year and of course next will have the chance of Mourhino's 3 season syndrome.

You're not making a lot of sense.

So a manager who managed to win the premier league while not winning away against top 6, will fail to win the league because he can't win against the top 6?

Your theory needs to be revisited .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

"* November 8, 2014 might seem like an insignificant date, but it bears remembering in the aftermath of Saturday lunchtime’s game. A 2-1 victory over Liverpool for Chelsea at Anfield almost three years ago remains the last time Jose Mourinho managed a Premier League away win against any of the big six.

A 0-0 draw with Liverpool means Mourinho has now gone ten straight games without a win at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham or Saturday’s opponents. His sides have drawn five and lost five of those games, conceding 15 goals and scoring just four times. Just one of those away goals has come since he was appointed at Old Trafford." (http://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-0-0-manchester-united-16-conclusions)

You don’t seem to have any idea how leagues are won but that’s not really the point here is it? It’s to get your little digs in so mission accomplished on that front.

Like when the blueprint to beating a Klopp team is to let them have the ball and hit them on the counter I dont mind the tactics too much. It was a **** match to watch and our counter attack was pretty terrible.

Our crossing at set pieces was abysmal too and against a team who gives up so many chances at set pieces it was inexcusable.

Matic was the only player who could really hold his head up after yesterday and DeGea of course, everyone else seemingly forgot how to make simple passes.

Also 365 is a terrible place to be getting any kind of football info from its a clickbait site for kids at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

adox wrote: »
    You don’t seem to have any idea how leagues are won but that’s not really the point here is it? It’s to get your little digs in so mission accomplished on that front.

IIRC this lad was in here swinging his dick around this time last year when LFC won the league then.

His MO is fairly clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hahaha .
    Good lad .A poor effort but yu did get one thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement