Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

pjohnson wrote: »
    Nah we arent 4-0 up its Mourinho ball etc. etc. etc. Look at Man City.....yadda yadda.....we are doomed.

You talk8mg about Van Gaal or Rooney?

Van Gaal, it was abundantly clear to most for the last 12 months of his tenure.

If it’s Rooney you are talking about then, well, there’s no oo8nt going over our views on his form but I don’t reemember many if anyone saying he was the cause of all our woes.

I reckon we will see a change after an hour of much doesn’t change. Jose doesn’t look happy on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

adox wrote: »
    You talk8mg about Van Gaal or Rooney?

Van Gaal, it was abundantly clear to most for the last 12 months of his tenure.

If it’s Rooney you are talking about then, well, there’s no oo8nt going over our views on his form but I don’t reemember many if anyone saying he was the cause of all our woes.

No one is saying Mourinho is the cause of all of our woes, what little we have, now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Herrera is terribly out of form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Should go 2 up front. Take mkhitarayan off bring on martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ander being relegated to bench after last year seems to have shattered his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Haha!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looooooool

Brilliant from rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Howler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Poor goalie

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wow that was bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Poor goalie

Nah. Didn't learn from the last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Being 18 is no excuse for that crap.

What a dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Steve McManamon is a terrible goalie

Mkhi is sleepwalking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    Being 18 is no excuse for that crap.

What a dope.

Easy for some guy that's posting anonymously on a football forum to call a 18 year old kid a dope making his professional debut in the champions league against Manchester United.

This sums up half the posters in this group sometimes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just seen Atleti only drew with Qarabag earlier... Greizmann in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I feel for the keeper. I'm glad we're winning, but I'd prefer to have seen any other goal than that. Was a keeper myself and he'll crucify himself for that cockup.

There are, however, two keepers I'd like to see sh1t like that happen to - Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nice to see McTominay get on at last this season.

Professional performance, defensively excellent

Matic, Smalling, Valencia, Mata the best of the Utd players

The performances of both Herrera and Miki is worrying though but not surprising
    They have been carrying this poor form for a few games now and we are suffering for it
    They need to be dropped. Problem we have in CM is Pogba still out. As is fellani.

It's nothing got to do with tactics

Oh and we have 75% possession today

We limited Benfica next to nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

An absolutely awful 90 minutes of football.

A cliche but, an instantly forgettable but job done European night.

Not a sexy performance, and the performances of Mkhi and Herrera shouldn't escape criticism.

But that's 3 for 3 in our CL games. Win one more and we can play kids in the other two. We are gliding through the Cal games, and argueably have the two hardest games played in the group (Russia and Portugal away).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

i have a 100% win record on match threads. #justsayin

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

No one is saying Mourinho is the cause of all of our woes, what little we have, now.

You aren’t even answering the question that you cripticly led me to ask. Hey ho.

Anyway to address the above point, yes they have. Bangkok for one has laid the blame solely at Mourinhos tactics for the performance at Anfield which is what we were discussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Awful game to watch but got the job done in the end. We're crying out for that Pogba - Matic midfield partnership. Hopefully Pogba is back by next weekend

Shocking performance but 3 points. Sooner we get pogba fellaini ibrahimovic back the better. Sooner or later that type of performance will catch us out

tenor.gif

Joint thread to be fair. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

paulbok wrote: »
    Steve McManamon is a terrible goalie

A worse commentator :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Large portions of that game were gruellingly difficult to watch. Herrera was poor and Mkhitaryan was abysmal. Mata was wasted out wide. Would have liked to see Mkhitaryan off for Lingard and then Mata put into the centre.

Boring, turgid, slow game but we were rock solid defensively, DDG had nothing to do all night.

bangkok wrote: »
    Shocking performance but 3 points. Sooner we get pogba fellaini ibrahimovic back the better. Sooner or later that type of performance will catch us out

LOL

Oh and why Ibra?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Nice to see. Hopefully he doesn't beat himself too much over tonight. Sh*t happens

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/920752551481565185

jayo26 wrote: »
    Easy for some guy that's posting anonymously on a football forum to call a 18 year old kid a dope making his professional debut in the champions league against Manchester United.

This sums up half the posters in this group sometimes....

I've also read a few weeks back Lindelof = Lindelovren a couple of games into his Utd career.
    It's this name-calling overreactions without context that gets annoying.

I actually think bar the mistake the Benfica keeper did well in his CL debut.
    Made a good save to prevent Martial from scoring too.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL

Oh and why Ibra?

Eh our top scorer last year and a different option to lukaku

bangkok wrote: »
    Eh our top scorer last year and a different option to lukaku

Lukaku is in fine form
    Ibra would be for backup

Lukaku is in fine form
    Ibra would be for backup

It would be good to be able to switch out Lukaku when it isn't happening for him like tonight though, its actually a valid point

I really hope when everyone is fit that we drop this idea of Miki or Mata as the furthest of our midfielders and line up with one of Fellaini/Herrera alongside Matic with Pogba ahead of them.

On paper having Miki or Mata as the third, most forward of the midfielders may look a more attacking line up but I think it actually makes us less attacking and the formation above would be a much better platform both defensively and offensively.

Uh Oh! time for Martial to show what he is made of

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/920757036182396929

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Uh Oh! time for Martial to show what he is made of

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/920757036182396929

Ah crap. I’d like to see both him and Martial starting on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I'd love to see us start with 2 strikers, however unlikely it is.

It would be good to be able to switch out Lukaku when it isn't happening for him like tonight though, its actually a valid point

I'm not doubting that. But he should be considered backup.
    I'm more LOLing at his flip flopping in general.

Lukaku is in fine form
    Ibra would be for backup

Yep as backup, but if lukaku is not in form, what better player to call upon. Ibra is class

I actually thought that was a far more controlled performance tonight than Saturday's. Benfica were very packed and stubborn, but we still moved the ball well once we settled after the first 15 minutes. A lot less mistakes from us tonight, which was welcome.

Can't really complain too much at 9 points, maximum return so far, with 6 of those points coming from away matches.
    I said it before the match I think and said it directly after it.. while Herrera is obviously rusty from lack of game time, Mkhi has been played a lot and needs to be dropped imo

I thought that was a better showing from Herrera tonight than he produced on Saturday. That wouldn't be hard I know, but it's progress. Tonight I saw interceptions, switching of play, controlled forward passes, good break-up of opposition play from him. I saw none of that from him really on Saturday. Still, we need better from him.

Mkhi is a worry at the moment though. He did a wee bit of nice dribbling, but everything else is scarily ineffective for us. That's ok if he's getting a goal or an assist every other match, but when he's not, it's very frustrating watching him at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    I really hope when everyone is fit that we drop this idea of Miki or Mata as the furthest of our midfielders and line up with one of Fellaini/Herrera alongside Matic with Pogba ahead of them.

On paper having Miki or Mata as the third, most forward of the midfielders may look a more attacking line up but I think it actually makes us less attacking and the formation above would be a much better platform both defensively and offensively.

Would also like to see Matic, Herrera and Pogba then at 10.
    Then Rashford Lukaku and Martial up top

https://twitter.com/R_o_M/status/920758910692286464

Lukaka isn't calling him a dope anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not a sexy performance, and the performances of Mkhi and Herrera shouldn't escape criticism.

But that's 3 for 3 in our CL games. Win one more and we can play kids in the other two. We are gliding through the Cal games, and argueably have the two hardest games played in the group (Russia and Portugal away).
    Basel are doing their best to spoil the early celebrations and looks like our trip there will be our toughest game yet. Them not dropping points in Moscow is far from ideal. Maybe they'll slip up at home to the Russians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

What a terrible performance but happy with the win. Herrera miki and lindelhoff very poor, we rely so heavily on matic it scares me, such a good player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

We need Pogba back soon. Any idea when himself, Ibra and Rojo may have their first game back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement