Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Year's Certificate in Science Timetable?

• 24-08-2017 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Does anyone have a copy of the timetable from last year's Certificate in Science course? I know this year's will likely be different, but after handing in my notice at work I received a surprise offer to stay on in a limited capacity, and I'm wondering if there's usually one day a week that finishes a little earlier than the rest that I can arrange to come in that evening.

I was told during my interview that they prefer students on this course not work, but that isn't in any way an option for me. Coming from full-time employment, I'm not entitled to student allowance or anything else. If I want to eat and keep a roof over my head, I have to work. I'm hoping the one evening and a Saturday per week will be enough, and will still allow me the time I need to study. The search for alternate employment hasn't been going well, and I need to make this work out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 omgtherage

Does anyone have a copy of the timetable from last year's Certificate in Science course? I know this year's will likely be different, but after handing in my notice at work I received a surprise offer to stay on in a limited capacity, and I'm wondering if there's usually one day a week that finishes a little earlier than the rest that I can arrange to come in that evening.

I was told during my interview that they prefer students on this course not work, but that isn't in any way an option for me. Coming from full-time employment, I'm not entitled to student allowance or anything else. If I want to eat and keep a roof over my head, I have to work. I'm hoping the one evening and a Saturday per week will be enough, and will still allow me the time I need to study. The search for alternate employment hasn't been going well, and I need to make this work out.

Fridays were usually quite empty. First semester, I was always able to make my 3 o'clock bus, so I was clearly done before that.

As for second semester, Fridays were completely off, as were Mondays (only for half the semester).

I reckon you can find a day or two when you can work the evenings. I know some others managed it.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the course!

Advertisement