Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a loan for college

• 24-08-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    Starting college in a few weeks and i need 3k to pay for it. I applied for a loan with my bank(aib) but was denied, as my account balance is close to zero. I am working a normal job, paid weekly, 20k a year.
    Any advices?
    Also it isnt full time studies.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Have you tried your local Credit Union? Do you have a family member to go as a guarantor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnny2411

I dont have family members.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Do the college require all the funds up front? You might be able to contact them to talk about a payment plan, and you could also try the students union, they often have hardship funds you might be able to draw on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnny2411

will register with the local credit union in a few days and see how things go. Hoping for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Student contribution will be in two installments of €1500 in September and January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Did you apply for SUSI

Advertisement