Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cameras are you using

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I just got a lend of a GoPro Session 5 - I'm going on a trip this weekend so want to get some decent shots. It's a brilliant little thing - I had a hero 2 before but this is 10x better. Love the way its waterproof out of the box with just a strap to mount. Also the voice control is very handy, also the app on your phone seems to be great too.

I'm going to mount it on the chin of my helmet - just wondering what the best settings recommended? I doubt I need 4k - it just takes up too much space. Is 1080p enough or should I use 2.7k instead? What field of view should I use? Wide, linear or Superview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Just got a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and can't seem to find a mic adapter that works - got a few cheapo one's off ebay but can't seem to get them to work.

Any ideas or suggestions for good adapters and mics that deffo work? The genuine gopro one's are no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

I bought a few mic adapters off eBay and they were ok.
    Bought one off amazon like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Movo-GMA100-Microphone-Adapter-Editions-White/dp/B00N0DTIFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528965877&sr=8-1&keywords=hero+4+mic+adapter

Works well. You can use any mic with a 3.5 jack. I got a small lapel one with a fluffy wind thig which works very well in the rear seat Cowell to capture the exhaust. This is what I actually bought https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_585904.html?wid=1433363

RE Zascar. even 2.7k is a bit much. but superview@1080 is essentially 2.7k cropped to give you the super wide angle. Most TVs won't display 4k and youtube will butcher it anyways so 1080 is good to go. I like super view personally. If you want to slow things down record at a hight frame rate. like 60fps. great little cameras.

Advertisement