Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment property in Belfast

Options
  • 24-08-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi ,

I'm considering buying an investment property in Belfast as I have decent sterling savings. And with the FX so good at the moment, I can convert more money into sterling.

Does anyone have any advice of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

A friend of my mum has 6 up there. They were bought 20ish years ago, and her family have a very comfortable quality of life.

A nice house in a sought after area in Dublin, 2 businesses in the same area, multiple holidays a year, pay for their kids to go to college abroad.

If the yearly yield % is good, go for it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

I was a landlord in a good area up North. Everything is a chore up there. Having had property in Dublin, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland over the years my two cents worth is anywhere but NI. Two tenancies, two different agents managing, estate agent when buying and selling, even the solicitor was a pain in the h@!€. I've done this for 20 years an of all the decisions I have made my worst was buying up north and my best was getting the feck out of there. It's hard to quantify and awkward every little task was. Even the utility companies are worse to deal with than in dublin .

Advertisement