Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial graduation

Options
  • 24-08-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was a UCC student for 6 years and graduated 3 times without ever going to one due to several reasons.

I know it has always saddened my mum that she never had the experience of seeing me graduate or being in the gown so I am hoping that when I am home for Christmas I can surprise her, just a few photos and a lunch afterwards, so I am looking for some advice please.
    Can gowns be rented anytime during the year? Must one be a current student?
    Can anyone run through the ceremony/day quickly so I can make it as "authentic" as possible.
    Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd have thought you'd look silly in a gown if it wasn't a ceremony.
    Maybe you could attend graduation for a different class/year if you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Effects wrote: »
    I'd have thought you'd look silly in a gown if it wasn't a ceremony.
    Maybe you could attend graduation for a different class/year if you asked?

I dont really care looking silly to be honest :)

It will be the christmas/new year period I am sure there wont be many around.

I had thought about the latter option, but not sure if I could get home for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I dont really care looking silly to be honest :)

It will be the christmas/new year period I am sure there wont be many around.

I had thought about the latter option, but not sure if I could get home for them.

Dates haven't been published yet, afaik, but there are conferring ceremonies in February if thats any good. I think its around the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

iLaura wrote: »
    Dates haven't been published yet, afaik, but there are conferring ceremonies in February if thats any good. I think its around the end of the month.

All conferring dates are here: https://www.ucc.ie/en/conferrings/dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

All conferring dates are here: https://www.ucc.ie/en/conferrings/dates/

Dates for Masters and PhD conferrings for February 2018 will not be released until October.

• Advertisement
Advertisement