Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an old email address in gmail

Options
  • 24-08-2017 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I would like to use an old email address that I've been using since the dawn of time with gmail.
    I think my gmail address can be my old xxxx@iol.ie address.

How do I go about this. I have a gmail address but it's not the primary address I use. I get all of my emails via windows live mail.
    My iol.ie address is the backup address for my gmail address.

iol.ie has been give trouble lately and as it's so old, I think it's time to ditch it and use gmail exclusively.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

all gmail addresses are xxx@gmail.com. so get your head around that. at some stage you have to change you account details on amazon etc with the new address.

now you can get all mails to your new gmail address, and slowly phase out using the IOL account.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

there is the step by step of importing you IOL or any pop3 email account so they show in gmail.

Advertisement