Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on expanding hoses

Options
  • 24-08-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

I know they're generally more prone to leaks than regular hoses but this one is a very good price. Have any of you had experience with this one in particular or with expanding hoses in general? I'm particularly wondering if it's "Hozelock" compatible.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I was tempted but read all the reviews on expanding hoses. Not good. I opted to purchase one of the normal hoses from Aldi. Sorry I did this now. It is like a thick snake lying in the garage. It is a job in itself rolling it out and putting it away. It takes up a big space on the floor of my garage.

I am sorry I didn't purchase one of the expanding ones now. At that price can you really go wrong?

My previous hose looked as if it was made from some sort of cloth similar to the expanding hoses. It was fantastic, lasted about 15 years. It could be stored in a bucket. The problem was the plastic attachments disintegrated but I could not replace these because they were part of the hose rather than the screw in type.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I opted to purchase one of the normal hoses from Aldi. Sorry I did this now. It is like a thick snake lying in the garage. It is a job in itself rolling it out and putting it away. It takes up a big space on the floor of my garage.
    A wall-mounted reel is the best solution I've seen recommended.

I have a 50m hose on a portable reel but I mostly leave it coiled somewhere as I'm lazy.

Advertisement