Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Itziger wrote: »
    Time for a weather update surely, no?? The overnight temps are fairly low which is good news so the start should definitely be coolish. Saying about 10 degrees for 8am on one site with a high of 20. Hopefully that's more 2 o clock than 11. If we could get the run done in 12 to 17 degrees say, I'd be very happy.

The forecast is perfect. On the two occasions I have done this the weather has been similar to this. 9 or 10 degree start. The temperatures won't be too excessive until midday or 1pm. It was a 9 am start the first time I did it and 8.30 am the second time around.

There was a rather large queue for portaloos last year from 8am onwards. If needed, go for them first before dropping the bag off which is a quick enough process and relatively close to the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

You fcukers don't deserve me. I'm in Tyris on Tap doing even more research for Sunday evening drinks. They do some grub as well and the beers are wicked good. Anyone planning on coming here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pipers loop

You fcukers don't deserve me. I'm in Tyris on Tap doing even more research for Sunday evening drinks. They do some grub as well and the beers are wicked good. Anyone planning on coming here?

Perfect location for us.. ate near there last night .Will be there late afternoon/early evening for beers and hopefully happy with our runs. Forecast v favourable so no excuses. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Diablo Verde

We’re just back from the expo ourselves. Getting excited now!

We’re booked in somewhere for dinner around half six tomorrow but will definitely be around after that. What time you all planning to be there?

Shoot, don't know whether to go early or late now. Probably about 7 I'd say. Green bomber jacket and black rim glasses.

• Advertisement

Shoot, don't know whether to go early or late now. Probably about 7 I'd say. Green bomber jacket and black rim glasses.
    We should be at pub between 6 & 7 ...easy to spot three pale paddies gagging for beer. Good luck to everyone running in morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Itzi's passport photo just in case:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

All the best lads. You’ll be finished before I start my marathon in Philadelphia in a fuppin storm with winds of 80kph forecasted - should have gone to Spain!

Big fade to a 3.04. What you get when you don't train properly. Onwards and upwards. Beer to follow.

Big fade to a 3.04. What you get when you don't train properly. Onwards and upwards. Beer to follow.

Sounds familiar. Very tired final 12 for 3:06:18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Fcuk you with you and your big fade to a minute inside my pb :)

Enjoy the beers you ain't getting any younger!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Ciobanu 2:16:07.
    Very strong run especially last 3k

Sounds familiar. Very tired final 12 for 3:06:18.

Missed the sub 3 by 33 secs but what the hell ..it's a cracking marathon

Watching Valencia game but going to head in now. Espanyol should be 4 up!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Well done lads - for what it’s worth I managed 2:59:55 in Philadelphia - never in doubt - I’ll get me coat now :)

Fantastic running. Well done. I might have done that with a 80km tailwind as well though ;)

Watching Valencia game but going to head in now. Espanyol should be 4 up!

Your an entertaining bloke and hope to get back to that pub for a few more pints later. Boys reckon you should be much faster with that skinny frame

On our way over there in a taxi now.

Fcuk, I'll have to go back now. The liver, the liver. I'm still in the Green bomber jacket Devil lad.

Fcuk, I'll have to go back now. The liver, the liver. I'm still in the Green bomber jacket Devil lad.

• Advertisement

Sitting outside if you’re still about

Advertisement