Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp deskjet 1280 printer driver

Options
  • 25-08-2017 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

hi folks, i have an old printer i havent used in a while. i used to use it to print A3 sized drawings. im trying to get it working on my current laptop but im struggling to find a driver for it. would anyone have any links or tips to help

cheers

steve

Comments

evosteo wrote: »
    hi folks, i have an old printer i havent used in a while. i used to use it to print A3 sized drawings. im trying to get it working on my current laptop but im struggling to find a driver for it. would anyone have any links or tips to help

cheers

steve

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-1280-printer-series/439162

Did you even Google it Steve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

iv been at it for the last 3 hours, and iv already come across that link which ends up bring it back to the same page. as far as i understand there is no specific driver for the above model and im hoping someone might know of a patch that might work. the deskjet 1220c seems to be compatible but i cant find that driver either

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

iv been at it for the last 3 hours, and iv already come across that link which ends up bring it back to the same page. as far as i understand there is no specific driver for the above model and im hoping someone might know of a patch that might work. the deskjet 1220c seems to be compatible but i cant find that driver either

If your on 64bit Windows 7 or higher, you could try the Vista driver which may work, see attached (Click change OS):
    426118.png

If you are using 32Bit OS choose the 32Bit version! You might neede to use the Windows compatiblity mode to get it to install

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

yoyo wrote: »
    If your on 64bit Windows 7 or higher, you could try the Vista driver which may work, see attached (Click change OS):
    426118.png

If you are using 32Bit OS choose the 32Bit version! You might neede to use the Windows compatiblity mode to get it to install

you legend, got it printing. didnt need to change compatibility mode just download the correct 64bit version.

Type:Basic DriversVersion: 61.063.531.00Operating systems:Windows Vista (64-bit)Release date:Jul 16, 2007File name: HPDJ1280_Vista_x64.exe (1.0 MB)
    Description:
    This driver supports the HP Deskjet 1280 series printer on Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit OS. It contains ONLY the driver and does NOT include installation instructions, the printer driver uninstaller or the printer toolbox.
    Fix and enhancements:
    Original Software/Drivers

i now have a 10+ year old printer working off a windows 10 laptop :D

i was starting to loose faith.

thanks a mill yoyo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

you legend, got it printing. didnt need to change compatibility mode just download the correct 64bit version.

Type:Basic DriversVersion: 61.063.531.00Operating systems:Windows Vista (64-bit)Release date:Jul 16, 2007File name: HPDJ1280_Vista_x64.exe (1.0 MB)
    Description:
    This driver supports the HP Deskjet 1280 series printer on Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit OS. It contains ONLY the driver and does NOT include installation instructions, the printer driver uninstaller or the printer toolbox.
    Fix and enhancements:
    Original Software/Drivers

i now have a 10+ year old printer working off a windows 10 laptop :D

i was starting to loose faith.

thanks a mill yoyo

Nice one :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement